Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Internet Wizard posted:

This conversation sure is going places

I’m forgetting what exactly Ken Bone said about human submarines but lol.

Also a friend of mine attended some professional conference and out of nowhere the event organizers had Ken Bone just kind of show up in a red sweater like “hey, remember me, Ken Bone?” months after he was relevant as a “special guest.” WTF?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Anyone else see the Putin episode of Cribs that came out? Not all that impressive, though it certainly looks expensive

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Grip it and rip it posted:

Anyone else see the Putin episode of Cribs that came out? Not all that impressive, though it certainly looks expensive

The estate grounds are 39 times the size of Monaco

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

SchnorkIes posted:

What is a "disco collar"

DCUs of a certain vintage that were sitting in a warehouse somewhere were issued at the beginning of OIF/OEF that FOR SOME REASON has some Disco Stew looking collars. We're talking BeeGees collars. Especially Hilarious on a 5'4 E-2

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Putin should do the breath mint trick, not with poison, just as a power thing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Platystemon posted:

Putin should do the breath mint trick, not with poison, just as a power thing.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Carteret posted:

DCUs of a certain vintage that were sitting in a warehouse somewhere were issued at the beginning of OIF/OEF that FOR SOME REASON has some Disco Stew looking collars. We're talking BeeGees collars. Especially Hilarious on a 5'4 E-2
Yeah what was the deal with those collars? DCUs were the most comfortable uniform I've been issued but the collars were comical

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Possible related search: correct response if putin offers you tea

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
would you like some zoomies with your tea sir?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If Putin drinks the tea first, there's absolutely no guarantees that it's safe.

Dude has probably been desensitising himself to polonium for 30 years.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
"one demon cube or two, dear"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SchnorkIes posted:

What is a "disco collar"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Don Dongington posted:

If Putin drinks the tea first, there's absolutely no guarantees that it's safe.

Dude has probably been desensitising himself to polonium for 30 years.
Binary agent in the glaze of the guest teacups... half life hides the proof. ohhhh shiiiit

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

"Disco Stu doesn't advertise"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

jfc look at those pumps putin is wearing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The strong men worshiper types always pick some of the most embarrassing displays to latch onto

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Milo and POTUS posted:

The strong men worshiper types always pick some of the most embarrassing displays to latch onto

Yeah that's the fundamental problem baked into fascism, you have have to be a loving moron to latch onto some strong man instead of just walking outta the room.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

:siren: CURRENT EVENT :siren:

https://twitter.com/AllisonLHedges/status/1353676032432287745

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kind of enjoyed the shots the anchors took at Susan Collins and Tucker Carlson at the end of the segment.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rudy got his Dominion lawsuit today. The general standard is that Dominion has to prove actual malice. They basically have to prove that Rudy is actively grifting, versus just expressing his brain worms and they have a decent shot:

https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/1353675903910502401?s=19

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

Kind of enjoyed the shots the anchors took at Susan Collins and Tucker Carlson at the end of the segment.

Oh that was some GREAT shade to start off the work week.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Yeah what was the deal with those collars? DCUs were the most comfortable uniform I've been issued but the collars were comical

Originally they were issued with a patrol cap that had a fold out portion to cover your ears and face from the sun. The collar was meant to be folded up to cover the beck. It sort of made sense before you remembered this was the military and no SNCO would dare let the troops be walking around with popped collars.

When I was first in Iraq in 05 we were allowed to wear just the brown tshirt under our plates to keep people a little cooler, so everyone had ridiculous Farmer tan and we will probably all have skin cancer in a few years.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope Rudy tries to represent himself. I imagine him getting bent over like Marisa Tomei did Lane Smith in My Cousin Vinny.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Originally they were issued with a patrol cap that had a fold out portion to cover your ears and face from the sun. The collar was meant to be folded up to cover the beck. It sort of made sense before you remembered this was the military and no SNCO would dare let the troops be walking around with popped collars.

When I was first in Iraq in 05 we were allowed to wear just the brown tshirt under our plates to keep people a little cooler, so everyone had ridiculous Farmer tan and we will probably all have skin cancer in a few years.

This reminds me of the Boonies Caps and Body Armor shirts that were issued to us then we were promptly forbidden to wear them by our 1SG

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So it turns out that Trump's Rona response was guided by data that he preferred, not actual data to came from, you know, actual doctors/scientists.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/24/birx-says-someone-was-giving-trump-parallel-data-about-covid-pandemic.html

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Flikken posted:

This reminds me of the Boonies Caps and Body Armor shirts that were issued to us then we were promptly forbidden to wear them by our 1SG

I still have my ninja suits, 16 years after RFI. Wearing a set right now, actually.

So comfy.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

ASAPI posted:

So it turns out that Trump's Rona response was guided by data that he preferred, not actual data to came from, you know, actual doctors/scientists.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/24/birx-says-someone-was-giving-trump-parallel-data-about-covid-pandemic.html

Color me skeptical on this self serving bullshit without some supporting evidence.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah, the idea that Trump's handling of COVID-19 was based on any kind of data at all, actual or fiddled, is going to take work to convince me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What’s realer? the data Trump was guided by in his pandemic response, or the gorilla channel?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Gave up last night when it started getting too big a spread for the Bills to recover, but the superbowl is the Chiefs vs Buccaneers. All we need now is Peter Pan (or the ghost of Michael Jackson) to show up and we have the Neverland showdown.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

Birks can eat poo poo, according to Haberman (at NYT) and others, Birx was offered numerous opportunities to comment about how the WH was handling things and her on record comments were

https://twitter.com/chrishennessey/status/1353347395128537089?s=20

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

That Works posted:

Birks can eat poo poo, according to Haberman (at NYT) and others, Birx was offered numerous opportunities to comment about how the WH was handling things and her on record comments were

https://twitter.com/chrishennessey/status/1353347395128537089?s=20

HA! That's even better.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

Birx is also likely book-shopping.

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1353528672419000320?s=19

Concur, Birx can eat poo poo. She was a sycophant when we least needed one.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Carteret posted:

This. Also until about 2007-2008 some SOF liked altered disco collar DCU’s.

Jimmy Smuts posted:

You can pop the collars on those bad boys and it’s useful in some circumstances. It does get cold in those environments, and sand storms suck a dick. Can’t say I ever did, but that’s how it was explained to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Collars were literally invented to be popped and protect the neck.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Collars were literally invented to be popped and protect the neck.

*screams incoherently in NCO*

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Reminds me of the pouch in the back of Canadian helmet covers that has a flap that can unroll to cover the neck. No idea if it was ever used in the desert, but I was told on training I might as well cut it up to make scrim because you'll never use it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Generation Internet posted:

Reminds me of the pouch in the back of Canadian helmet covers that has a flap that can unroll to cover the neck. No idea if it was ever used in the desert, but I was told on training I might as well cut it up to make scrim because you'll never use it.

ditto with the little neck cover in the boonie hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

boonie hats

Could’ve gone with just that.