Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

god the gba sound chip is rear end lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why is bomberman 64 the 2nd attack so freakin expensive :( i wanted to make it #4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Astro's Playroom - All Trophies

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Guacamelee! 2
  • Tetris Effect: Connected
  • Sable
  • NieR: Automata
  • Shin Megami Tensei V

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 1, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bugsnax - Platinum Trophy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
sega's games are consistently some of the worst sounding non-shovelware stuff on the gba which is saying a lot. and i even like how lovely and scratchy a lot of gba games sound

the only good sonic advance song didnt even make it into the full game it was just in a trailer for sonic advance 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NcAkgXQrNI

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 25, 2021

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I tried for like 5 minutes to find a screen cap of the time you admitted in Twitch chat about having a crush on a girl that ended up dating a Mario Kart 64 speed runner but this website is trash and all posts are lost to the void of time.

im replying to a post from march in the last thread, for some reason i remember every post made on this website

American McGay posted:

Highlight of the night imho:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
did not go as planned

I was going to see all the endings then wrap up some cheevos I didn't take care of but I ended up playing the credits game and I got help from a previous player's sacrifice (ty Hoppy from Taiwan who likes 9S) but while playing I took a hit and Hoppy's data was deleted, which I didn't know could happen. so when they asked me if I wanted to sacrifice my save data for another player, which I planned to do eventually, I couldn't say no because I didn't want Hoppy's sacrifice to be in vain.
(come to think of it they might not have meant Hoppy's data was removed from the server but I was pretty tired)
so I left the game finished but at like 80% completion w/r/t missions and poo poo. calling this one done until I'm not sad anymore

Cubone fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 25, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cubone posted:

1. Nier Automata (A, B, C, D, E, G, M, O)
did not go as planned

I was going to see all the endings then wrap up some cheevos I didn't take care of but I ended up playing the credits game and I got help from a previous player's sacrifice (ty Hoppy from Taiwan who likes 9S) but while playing I took a hit and Hoppy's data was deleted, which I didn't know could happen. so when they asked me if I wanted to sacrifice my save data for another player, which I planned to do eventually, I couldn't say no because I didn't want Hoppy's sacrifice to be in vain.
(come to think of it they might not have meant Hoppy's data was removed from the server but I was pretty tired)
so I left the game finished but at like 80% completion w/r/t missions and poo poo. calling this one done until I'm not sad anymore

You made the right choice, and daps for not being a cuck and backing up your save before going in.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halo 3 (Normal, All Terminals)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1) Ninja Gaiden (NES) - 1/26/2021

I've always wanted to beat this game, and I finally have. Albeit with like a 30 continue clear lol. I actually thought this game started out relatively forgiving compared to what I'd heard, checkpoints were everywhere and dying to a boss only sent you back to the last part of the stage. Then I got to the hosed up last level that sends you all the way back to the start of the act if you die to any of the 3 bosses. It was really satisfying getting good at that last level as ridiculous as it is.

They will see me next, I definitely wanna play the other 2 now.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 26, 2021

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Castlevania 3

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Then I got to the hosed up last level that sends you all the way back to the start of the act if you die to any of the 3 bosses.

this was a glitch that the devs ended up keeping in because they liked it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

herculon posted:

Castlevania 3

Really need to get back to that one. I think i stopped at the aquaduct stage or prolly the one after

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

i think they should have fixed it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

herculon posted:

Castlevania 3

man what a good game.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ArfJason posted:

Really need to get back to that one. I think i stopped at the aquaduct stage or prolly the one after

I may go back and try the different characters. I picked up Sypha but played most of the game as Trevor.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Same i played it mostly as trevor. I tried sypha for a bit and got pissed that i hit a chandlestick accidentally trying to hurt a monster and lost my cool spell causw it got replaced by a lovely one fuuuu

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I saw the show and she says sypha beldanesh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

Lol well...I kinda like it too.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Decided to beat Xenoblade finally... I'm 40 hours in so far so I wager I'll be done around July.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2) Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES) - 1/26/2021

Quite a lot easier than the first one but there are still some giant dickhead enemies in this and a few annoying gimmicks in the early levels. The bosses are also a lot less prone to cheese since they removed the spin slash move which was a bit too ridiculous in the first game. Really fun and still feels great to control. I haven't ever even looked at the third game so I'm excited to see what it has in store.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

2) Ninja Gaiden II - The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES) - 1/26/2021

Quite a lot easier than the first one but there are still some giant dickhead enemies in this and a few annoying gimmicks in the early levels. The bosses are also a lot less prone to cheese since they removed the spin slash move which was a bit too ridiculous in the first game. Really fun and still feels great to control. I haven't ever even looked at the third game so I'm excited to see what it has in store.

the third one has finite continues which...yeah...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think the Japanese version of NG3 has infinite continues. They changed a bunch of things in the US version to make it harder like I think you take double damage from everything.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
play the jp version of ngiii (aka Ninja Ryukenden III) if you want an easy time

efb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I'm ok with limited continues, but we'll see how it goes. I definitely wanna get better at the first game in the future

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I'm ok with limited continues, but we'll see how it goes. I definitely wanna get better at the first game in the future

if you've already grinded past the checkpoints while credit feeding a basic 1CC isn't far away. a no death isn't even all that hard, that just comes down to the last stage really

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op

The shittiest of the campaigns I think. The Covenant weapons feel really awful in this one and you have to use them for most of it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fadam posted:

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op

The shittiest of the campaigns I think. The Covenant weapons feel really awful in this one and you have to use them for most of it.

The carbine is amazing dude. as is the beam rifle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

grow cube, because someone linked to the grow games and im addicted to them again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

grow cube, because someone linked to the grow games and im addicted to them again

i loved those

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
four-sight: by the synergy weirdos who made GADGET INVENTION TRAVEL AND ADVENTURE, except theres even less info about it online. the only video on it is on vimeo and it doesnt even reach the credits, which for a almost interactive series of quicktimes that totals 30 mins or less is something. i dont even know if i should put this here cause its barely a game but its cool. very psychedelic and surreal. thank you junko kubota

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy Legend II

Robots are cool but RIP to evolving into unbelievably OP monsters an hour into the game like the original.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

those kick rear end

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

welcome posted:

Final Fantasy Legend II

Robots are cool but RIP to evolving into unbelievably OP monsters an hour into the game like the original.

yeah it sucks, monsters are basically worthless until you get to the last area where every option has maxed stats

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

Final Fantasy Legend II

ds remake? if tyou do the bonus dungeon in the next to last world you can ski jump to the highest tier of monster from the guy at the end. also i never beat it because the last boss was insanely fuckin brutal

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
GB version. Being stuck with a tier 3 monster from the dragon race all the way until the final dungeon because Odin would not give up the good meat sucked.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

welcome posted:

Final Fantasy Legend II

Does the Switch bundle come with the original American instruction manuals as a bonus? The Legends III manual is pretty great.

http://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Final-Fantasy-Legend-III-Game-Manual.pdf

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Super Castlevania 4 - the diagonal and upward whipping and the stairs being more forgiving were definitely major upgrades, but I think 3 is still a better game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I also shold get back to that one