Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, watch them both but watch the Netflix one first, then the Hulu one to see what blanks get filled in and what facts were altered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1353468426354909187
Who could have seen this coming?!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CannonFodder posted:

So actually you would see him here?

:hmmyes:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Which of the top three are flat out Nazis?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

Which of the top three are flat out Nazis?

Le Pen

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gently caress.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skwirl posted:

gently caress.
It's depressing reading the comments and just how brainpoisoned people are there with just how Islamophobic they are.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/aidan_smx/status/1353572394695180293?s=20

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

In California there is a waiting list at the crematoriums.

img-atlanta-braves-pitcher-shouting-gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Keep in mind that France's presidential elections are loving free for alls with two rounds of voting. So for example in 2017, Le Pen got 21% of the vote while Macron got 24%. In the second round, he beat her 66% to 33%. They lost so bad she resigned, blamed her dad, changed the name of the party, then installed herself as its lead again.

She'll be crushed in the general again. Almost everyone you see in that bar graph that isn't a black line will vote for whomever comes out of the not black.

And this was a guy who was only there because all the other french parties just collapsed under their own weight or due to scandal. Macron was the finance minister of the previous president who left office with a zero percent approval. He's a completely useless centrist who occasionally compares himself to greek gods.

Le Pen is slowly generating more support in presidential elections. She got 17% in 2012, for example, so she's trending upwards. It's really a statement about the uselessness of lib centrism that they can keep sending her out there and her getting more votes. Like people pretend she's actually a moderating force on the french far right, because she doesn't hate gays or whatever, and then you get her talking for more than a minute and it's all about the immigrants.

eased air restrictions so they could increase crematorium production!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The fascist polling better than the current president of France isn't great news.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

The fascist polling better than the current president of France isn't great news.

during the last election she was polling 21% - 0% relative to hollande.

also the french loving hate their presidents. it's very uncommon for approval to be above the twenties in general. part of that is the french just don't conduct a lot of polling, especially compared to america and britain. so when they actually happen the people are just like "yeah gently caress him" no matter who it is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

during the last election she was polling 21% - 0% relative to hollande.

also the french loving hate their presidents. it's very uncommon for approval to be above the twenties in general. part of that is the french just don't conduct a lot of polling, especially compared to america and britain. so when they actually happen the people are just like "yeah gently caress him" no matter who it is.

I'm not concerned about how much they liked Macron, I'm concerned about how much they like Nazis.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

... still less than how much Americans currently love Nazis?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh yeah, best finale was the movie-length finale of MASH

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Trapper John was a better character than BJ. Don't @me

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
How dare you denigrate Bea Jay Hunnicutt

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Frank burns was better than Charles too bitch!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Now we're gonna throw hands motherfucker!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'll make half your family dead and the other half pregnant

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The season finale to Martin was pretty good until you realize why Gina (Tisha Campbell) was missing for half the final season.

Tisha Campbell returned to the series following a ten-episode hiatus, after settling a sexual harassment lawsuit against Martin Lawrence. As a condition of her agreement to return, Martin and Tisha's scenes were filmed at different times to prevent them from meeting each other; this results in the both of them not appearing in the same scenes together.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

If telemovies count, then the movie that capped off Homicide: Life on the Street is probably my favorite. Entire main cast from the seven-year run, including folks who got unceremoniously fired, came back, plus almost everyone who had regular supporting roles. Great story and great guest stars, like Reg E. Cathey, Ed Begley Jr., Jason Priestley, Eamonn Walker and Terry Serpico.

Other excellent finales include Frasier, Breaking Bad, 30 Rock, Scrubs (WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THE MED SCHOOL SEASON), Babylon 5 (RIP Mira Furlan), Star Trek: The Next Generation, Cheers, Justified, Major Crimes, Hannibal and, even though its last half-dozen or so seasons ranged from mediocre to "what the gently caress," ER had a tremendous finale.

Honorable mention to the OG Law & Order for having a really drat good series finale by accident, considering the episode wasn't written or directed as a series-ender.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Angel had a great final season capped with an incredible series finale. Buffy had a great series finale and then decided to make two more seasons over on UPN (which, I mean, gave us the musical and "Conversations with Dead People," so).

anyway I'll see myself out

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Weren't we talking about streaming services a few pages back? Peacock just made a big move.

https://twitter.com/JBFlint/status/1353685797854081026

If you were paying 9.99 before now you can get it for 4.99.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Love it when someone's "contribution" to a discussion about how to handle a very specific subset of a group of items is to clarify that the proposed solution only works for that subset and not the entire group. Especially when the email subject and opening line of the initial email go out of their way to make clear we are only talking about the subset. Just a real great way to make sure no one is quite clear what the scope of discussion is in any subsequent responses.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I am just a tiny bit hung over today but worth it

I want to die help

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Silly Burrito posted:

Weren't we talking about streaming services a few pages back? Peacock just made a big move.

It looks like NBCSN is going away at the end of 2021, I assume they're just gonna roll all of that into Peacock too?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

There's also some general uncertainty about a bunch of other sports because NBC is shutting down NBCSN by the end of the year. Most of the sports that aired there are going to wind up on USA Network such as NASCAR, which I think NBC still has for a few more years at least, but for example their contract for the NHL ends after the current season and nobody seems to know where hockey might end up after that, and there's legit wonderings if other NBCSN stuff will end up entirely on Peacock in the future.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's 3 degrees out lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Poor addie is in the vet :(

I thought she had diarrhea, but it's probably constipation. She's straining real hard and nothing is happening. Can't sleep through the night. A little bit of thread came out in her watery stool two nights ago so I'm thinking she's got a big clog of something.

Still acting fine though. You'd never know she hasn't had a good poop in two days.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

I thought she had diarrhea, but it's probably constipation. She's straining real hard and nothing is happening. Can't sleep through the night. A little bit of thread came out in her watery stool two nights ago so I'm thinking she's got a big clog of something.

Still acting fine though. You'd never know she hasn't had a good poop in two days.

She will almost certainly be okay, but that can get really expensive.

Finn ate a fetch ball when he was about a year old and it set us back like $2k because they have to operate to remove it and then he had to be kept overnight two nights in a row.

Hopefully they can identify what it is and find a way to get her to pass it naturally. They might present you with two options where they give her an IV and something to help her pass it, or do exploratory surgery to find what it is and remove it. They did that for me and I asked, "What would you do if it was your dog?" and they recommended surgery so that's what we did :-/

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Same with me and my guy, only it was a poop bag he’d apparently found laying around. For such lovable animals, dogs can have some incredible suicidal urges

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

They might present you with two options where they give her an IV and something to help her pass it, or do exploratory surgery to find what it is and remove it. They did that for me and I asked, "What would you do if it was your dog?" and they recommended surgery so that's what we did :-/

I can guarantee surgery isn't the first thing I'm going to do. The dog is showing no signs of anything REALLY bad yet. She was excited getting out of the car because she thought she was going to daycare.

I'm sure there's a puppy equivalent of a SMOG

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

Shoot. I’m sorry to hear that. My sympathies for her tummy, your wallet and your carpets :-/

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
If I remember correctly, the 1st french presidential poll is always a gently caress you vote. The people know there will be more and La Pen had similar results relative to incumbents in the past.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

fartknocker posted:

There's also some general uncertainty about a bunch of other sports because NBC is shutting down NBCSN by the end of the year. Most of the sports that aired there are going to wind up on USA Network such as NASCAR, which I think NBC still has for a few more years at least, but for example their contract for the NHL ends after the current season and nobody seems to know where hockey might end up after that, and there's legit wonderings if other NBCSN stuff will end up entirely on Peacock in the future.

In a world where there is enough ott penetration for the non live content to live exclusively online (we are probably there now) you don't need all the linear channels anymore, I'd bet more on seeing more sport going to USA and USA scripted content to peacock.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

I'd bet more on seeing more sport going to USA and USA scripted content to peacock.

Consider the poor fans of SVU, Chicago PD, that show about the rich family, etc. They're going to be devastated.

e: good luck to Addie Bird, hopefully it's nothing big.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 25, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1353695799692165122

It's amazing how many people have torpedoed their lives for Trump

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

I can guarantee surgery isn't the first thing I'm going to do. The dog is showing no signs of anything REALLY bad yet. She was excited getting out of the car because she thought she was going to daycare.

I'm sure there's a puppy equivalent of a SMOG

That makes sense. Finn was in really bad shape. He wouldn't eat or drink and he was just laying in his bed looking miserable :(

Was Addie still eating and drinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

That makes sense. Finn was in really bad shape. He wouldn't eat or drink and he was just laying in his bed looking miserable :(

Was Addie still eating and drinking?

oh yeah. happy as a clam.

My only concern is that there is string all up and down her small intestine/colon, in which case the only real solution would be to go in with a colonoscopy. she hasn't thrown up at all so whatever she got is past the stomach.