Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I am sorry for causing a huge marvel derail. I just wanted to laugh at those rabidly infested Marvel fans who watch every episode of every one of these comic book spinoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tiggum posted:

I've seen some of the MCU movies, but not the one(s) with Wanda and Vision in them. But based on the first three episodes of the TV show, they seem to basically be able to do anything? What can Thor do? He's strong and can fly? So can they. Also they can alter reality on a whim.

Scarlet Witch being powerful to a dangerous degree is basically the premise of the show (and of a lot of her stories).

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ive never watched or read anything by marvel and dont know any of the characters. superhero stuff is really stupid and uninteresting

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

ive never watched or read anything by marvel and dont know any of the characters. superhero stuff is really stupid and uninteresting

That's why Green Man Hulk and Giant-Size Man Thing are cool and good - they're not superheroes.

Also Dracula.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The Marvel Dracula stuff was way better than it had any right to be.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

christmas boots posted:

The Marvel Dracula stuff was way better than it had any right to be.

I'd watch a Hellcow! movie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Shibawanko posted:

I don't even own a television.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Backpacks are incredibly practical, but absolutely not comfortable.

A good backpack that fits properly is super comfortable. A cheap Jansport school backpack is not.

Tiggum posted:

The clear examples of irrelevant characters are Hawkeye and Black Widow. One's really good with a bow and arrow, the other's good at gymnastics. Go compete in the olympics or something, you have no place among these gods and wizards.

Black Widow could work as a MCU James Bond type superspy and/or assassin, IMO. They just need to stop trying to wedge her into movies about godlike beings getting into slugging matches.

Hawkeye is always awful, though.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I'm not that invested in comics anymore, but Hawkeye owns simply because of the loving balls it takes to basically be a LARPer and hang out with robots and gods and poo poo like it's nothing.

The less powerful heroes are always cool. Thor punching Galactus in the face? I mean sure, he's a God-alien. Daredevil doing the same? loving awesome, he's a blind guy who knows Karate.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Disco Pope posted:

I'm not that invested in comics anymore, but Hawkeye owns simply because of the loving balls it takes to basically be a LARPer and hang out with robots and gods and poo poo like it's nothing.

Yes but he's played by Jeremy Renner, the most easily dislikable actor in Hollywood

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Khizan posted:

A good backpack that fits properly is super comfortable. A cheap Jansport school backpack is not.
I have a very good backpack. It still makes my back all sweaty and is awkward to take on public transport. And in most cases, anything I want to carry will fit in a smaller bag that I can carry in my hand or put in my bike basket.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yes but he's played by Jeremy Renner, the most easily dislikable actor in Hollywood

Yeah, that's really, really regrettable casting, I won't deny that. His MCU background is boring as hell too.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I don't even own a television.

i don't except a CRT to play snes games on

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah, that's really, really regrettable casting, I won't deny that. His MCU background is boring as hell too.

Hes a boring as hell actor with a tiny smug ginger face. God i hate him

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate Eddie Redmayne the most

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Hawkeye was my favorite Avenger growing up and that's really all you need to know about me to know what a powerloser I am.

Archery is neat and he was in the CIRCUS!

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 15:09 on Jan 25, 2021

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Tiggum posted:

Have you ever worn a skirt? Nothing better in warm weather.

I have a couple of sarongs for around the house and they are fantastic. There's nothing stopping me from wearing them out, other than looking a bit weird in semirural Tasmania.

Tiggum posted:

I carry my keys, phone and wallet in my pockets every time I leave the house. I think I've maybe worn through the pockets of one pair of pants in the last decade?

I think I'm just hard on clothes. I've had pants tear on the seam because I deigned to squat down with things in my pockets. Like solid khakis. I don't think I've had a pair of pants last more than a year for ages.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I like the MCU well enough but the Arrowverse TV shows are the superior option for live-action superhero stuff.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
I would prefer hyperviolent movies about cyborgs to superhero movies and I hope one day hyperviolent movies about cyborgs replaces them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Badactura posted:

I would prefer hyperviolent movies about cyborgs to superhero movies and I hope one day hyperviolent movies about cyborgs replaces them

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
They should do a Jurassic park tv show

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
All superheroes are lame

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All superheroes are lame

Really offensive way to describe professor Xavier

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

imagine 24 robocop movies. some would be robocop mysteries, some would be robocop heists, some would just be robocop shooting people. People would pour out into the streets in anticipation of the robocop crossover film

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I feel nothing but contempt for protesters who show up with brown cardboard signs with their message written in sharpie.

You're not doing your cause any good pal. If you feel strongly enough about something to go to a protest, maybe do a little more than cut the side off an amazon box and scribble on it with your junk drawer marker.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Manager Hoyden posted:

I feel nothing but contempt for protesters who show up with brown cardboard signs with their message written in sharpie.

You're not doing your cause any good pal. If you feel strongly enough about something to go to a protest, maybe do a little more than cut the side off an amazon box and scribble on it with your junk drawer marker.

I only accept signs on foam core board with pictures cut out of magazines and bubble letters

Bonus points if they also incorporate the cool S

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Manager Hoyden posted:

This is something that has largely gone away as people realised that this poo poo isnt a game, but I'd rather see that than a "clever" Harry Potter reference tailored for Buzzfeed photos. I do think protesting should feel carnivalesqe and joyful where appropriate, but it's kind of gross when the part-timers turn it into a Comic-Con crafts fayre.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Edit: post was too hostile to an unpopular opinion

Badactura has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Jan 25, 2021

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

im bothered by people wearing beanie hats at protests

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Also, since it gives me the same feeling, I'm not impressed by people who swim in jorts either.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Manager Hoyden posted:

Also, since it gives me the same feeling, I'm not impressed by people who swim in jorts either.

do cutoffs count?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

speedos are obscene. id rather people swim slower and wear trunks

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

hawowanlawow posted:

do cutoffs count?

If you're in a pool yeah. If you're in a natural body of water no.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

guitar music is intensely boring. i have yet to find a song where the guitar is the main instrument that i like

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pretty much any band that's just two guitars + bass + drums is pretty boring.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Guitars are fine but the best rock songs have either cellos or trumpets heavily featured.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Rock, folk, and punk are the worst genres of music. combinations of them with themselves or other genres are equally abysmal

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

like how is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx1Bh8ZvH84

supposed to even compete with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8efRFhEcuQ

how has anyone ever bothered to waste their time with rock?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

Shibawanko posted:

like how is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx1Bh8ZvH84

supposed to even compete with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8efRFhEcuQ

how has anyone ever bothered to waste their time with rock?

I once worked at a liquor store with this old dude who loving loved Oasis and would blast it in the store when he worked, I heard Wonderwall like three times a day. It was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rock tends to not have trumpets or any kind of brass instruments in it, so it is automatically an inferior genre.

As we all know, ska is the best musical genre. :colbert: