Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Skyl3lazer posted:

anime avatar never lies tbh

rolling around in the mud screaming 'look how small and weak i am don't you feel baaadddd for hurting me??'

i am evolved. i want u to feel bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Skyl3lazer posted:

How hard is it to like, not use a word that you've explicitly been asked not to use because it's insulting to an innocent group of people? Doubly so when there's plenty of other words that can fill in? Sounds pretty fuckin' dumb to be mad at being asked to not use that word!

I don't care if a word has become taboo and I'm fine with adapting my language usage as needed but like I posted upthread ultimately the OP and some other people are objecting to the idea of insulting someone's intelligence period, under any circumstances, and no there are lots of situations where it is very cool and good to insult someone's intelligence.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Thoguh posted:

I don't care if a word has become taboo and I'm fine with adapting my language usage as needed but like I posted upthread ultimately the OP and some other people are objecting to the idea of insulting someone's intelligence period, under any circumstances, and no there are lots of situations where it is very cool and good to insult someone's intelligence.

Like when?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

samantonio posted:

Like when?

right now, when i call you stupid for asking this question

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

samantonio posted:

Like when?

When reading your sea lioning D&D rear end posts, for example.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would like to insult the intelligence of everyone who responded to Samantonio’s conspicuous concern trolling, but I’m not going to because I’m the better person.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

My uneducated guess is that this particular rereg shithead is that t-man dumbass, has the same style of not understanding the actual discussion but still powering through.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Should we insult the intelligence of women?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Fortaleza posted:

My uneducated guess is that this particular rereg shithead is that t-man dumbass, has the same style of not understanding the actual discussion but still powering through.

I can promise you I've never been on this site prior to this month.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

samantonio posted:

Because they're women? No

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

samantonio posted:

no doubt about it. women don't be thinkin

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

500excf type r posted:

Because they're women? No
How about minorities?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This was your second ever post with this account

samantonio posted:

Prove me wrong.

A libtard friend recommended this site and sub to me but said you all are a bit too reactionary. I call BS.

Why do you feel that libtard is an appropriate term to use?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i know a dumb guy who is black, can i talk about him?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

i know a dumb guy who is black, can i talk about him?

do not let the mewling of the slaves deter you from needed discourse

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
good morning. sunday morning

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
da fuq

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
fwiw white people are statistically very likely to be dumb as gently caress is my karmic debt balanced

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Thoguh posted:

It wasn't. I openly admit I still gently caress up and slip that word into my discourse. I'm trying to be better.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Thoguh posted:

Oh wait it's that guy

Platystemon posted:

I would like to insult the intelligence of everyone who responded to Samantonio’s conspicuous concern trolling, but I’m not going to because I’m the better person.

No please I deserve it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

samantonio posted:

It wasn't. I openly admit I still gently caress up and slip that word into my discourse. I'm trying to be better.

that was two weeks ago. gently caress you lol

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

a Loving Dog posted:

that was two weeks ago. gently caress you lol

If I said it today it wouldn't take away from the point that I'm trying to eliminate using words to put others down. I still slip up, and freely admit that. But that's not who I want to be. That post is a great example of something that I'm used to saying from the years of feeding crap into my brain, but that I don't want to be anymore. I appreciate it being brought to light as that's how one grows, by facing what they did and learning from it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

samantonio posted:

If I said it today it wouldn't take away from the point that I'm trying to eliminate using words to put others down. I still slip up, and freely admit that. But that's not who I want to be. That post is a great example of something that I'm used to saying from the years of feeding crap into my brain, but that I don't want to be anymore. I appreciate it being brought to light as that's how one grows, but facing what they did and learning from it.

wow my hero

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

samantonio posted:

Typing "retard" would've saved you a keystroke

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

samantonio posted:

If I said it today it wouldn't take away from the point that I'm trying to eliminate using words to put others down. I still slip up, and freely admit that. But that's not who I want to be. That post is a great example of something that I'm used to saying from the years of feeding crap into my brain, but that I don't want to be anymore. I appreciate it being brought to light as that's how one grows, by facing what they did and learning from it.

it would, actually, and youre dumb as poo poo. gently caress you

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

samantonio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxiVxWmBRbM

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

And gay means bad?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
thank you for holidng me accountable, i am trying to learn to grow and this is important and necessary. thank you. sunday morning.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

retard = awful, horrible, how dare you

libtard = yes!!!! hell yeah!!!!! this is woke!!!!!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I hope sanctimonious crew does some introspection on why their views and posts are indistinguishable from some dullard rereg’s trolling at least

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Fortaleza posted:

I hope sanctimonious crew does some introspection on why their views and posts are indistinguishable from some dullard rereg’s trolling at least

Who are you confusing me with?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

samantonio posted:

Who are you confusing me with?

the only two explanations are that you're a rereg or that you actually registered a new account in 2021 to do this weak poo poo. gently caress you either way

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

a Loving Dog posted:

the only two explanations are that you're a rereg or that you actually registered a new account in 2021 to do this weak poo poo. gently caress you either way

Are newbies not allowed?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

I’m actually a little surprised at how many grown adults are aggressively defending their right to say a word most commonly used by 7th grade bullies.

It's because as grown adults we're able to carry on a conversation without bursting into tears remembering the time we get owned in 7th grade

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm gay

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

samantonio posted:

Are newbies not allowed?

youre a newborn in the magical world of the internet, where regdates still mean something

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

samantonio posted:

And gay means bad?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

samantonio posted:

Are newbies not allowed?

theres an intelligence quota, and youre not cuttin it

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
im bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

samantonio posted:

How about minorities?

So if a minority says/does something stupid it's wrong to call it out as such in a way that it would be fine to do if the person were white? That's seems kind of infantilizing, doesn't it?