Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Dartmoor is good for being the only map where Diana is actually your handler. Hacker lady doesn't exactly have the same presence or personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

bradzilla posted:

Hopefully this means I can play the game without getting a disconnect message every 15 minutes!

Started on Dartmoor last night and that map feels super boring.

Maybe I haven't seen all the areas, but a mansion and grounds just doesn't do much for me. Although I did appreciate the pseudo Knives Out murder mystery. That was fun.

I really enjoyed it. The constrained-ness of the mansion makes the clockwork aspect of the game easy to figure out compared to say, Berlin which is maybe a little too big for my taste.

I've played Chonqqing twice and it seems like a first draft of two different levels smushed together.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's just really unstable at this point, my game was crashing constantly even on older hitman 1 missions that I've never had issues with yesterday. Also I've noticed a ton of NPCs getting stuck on triggers where they have to talk to 47 or call in some sort of event. I've been able to resolve most by using the old blood money "throw-a-coin-to-advance-dialog" trick but sometimes the NPC just never does the story event.

Maybe it has something to do with the like 75+GB of removed data from the game for this release.
Yeah, I've noticed random bits of buggy behaviour. The most annoying when you get randomly spotted by someone through walls. NPCs not responding to prompts has kaboshed a run or two as well, for instance on Chonqqing doing the Mr Pritchard quest the lady doing the tour would never speak to me, even though I had the P41.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 25, 2021

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Not counting the initial omnishambles of the profile transfer, the only bug I've encountered so far is having a target get stuck in a loop in Dubai. I had set up the art installation kill and he just wouldn't leave the bar.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Not counting the initial omnishambles of the profile transfer, the only bug I've encountered so far is having a target get stuck in a loop in Dubai. I had set up the art installation kill and he just wouldn't leave the bar.

I had a seemingly stuck target at one point in H3 that got moving again when he returned to his routine after being distracted by a coin.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
One of the targets in Chongqing would keep getting out of a chair and immediately sitting down again. I eventually fixed it by knocking out enough guards in the vicinity.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Has anyone played on PC with an xbox core controller (their latest generic xbox gamepad)? I'm having a weird issue where its triggers don't do what the UI says they should do, and pressing the xbox button at the top center aims as though I'd pressed the left trigger. The ingame UI reflects that it knows an xbox controller is hooked up, and indicates that the triggers should aim and shoot, but they do absolutely nothing ingame. Everything works as usual on my dualshock 4. No problem like this has ever arisen in another game with this gamepad, but I'm not sure I ever played hitman 2 with it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Dartmoor is good for being the only map where Diana is actually your handler. Hacker lady doesn't exactly have the same presence or personality

drat I went back and replayed through 1 and 2 before going through 3’s missions and didn’t really notice that. it feels like the way it’s meant to be played anyway, as one big game. the overarching story works much better that way too

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Another note on the Dubai Railing: At some point, the Sheik leans against it and can fall. I found that out the hard way on my first really long run, at about an hour and a half in. It ruined an otherwise perfect SA rating.

It might be useful for contract building? I imagine there's an earlier point in this loop than where I found it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

and we're back

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1353738683489382400

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

From the discord:

quote:

DELUXE EDITION OWNERS
Your Digital Artbook and OSTs are now available on https://account.ioi.dk/ in the REWARDS AND BONUSES tab.
:mk3: In order to access them, please boot up HITMAN 3 before visiting the link! :mk3:
(And yes, HITMAN 3 will be listed twice on your Registered Products. Just a visual glitch :wink: )

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Supaflywallace posted:

In case anyone is experiencing similar problems, I fixed the Dubai crash via a reinstall (taking all day). Now I'm experiencing consistent crashes in Berlin when in the upper staff area near the walkway. I'm really confused, I never had an issue like this in the previous games, yet this one is rife with them.

For anyone looking for a solution I might have found one. I changed my settings from Exclusive Fullscreen to Fullscreen and was able to complete Berlin twice with no crashes.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Flayer posted:

Yeah, I've noticed random bits of buggy behaviour. The most annoying when you get randomly spotted by someone through walls. NPCs not responding to prompts has kaboshed a run or two as well, for instance on Chonqqing doing the Mr Pritchard quest the lady doing the tour would never speak to me, even though I had the P41.
This is a known bug and there is a possible fix for it: Enable Mission Story Guidance. I know this sounds stupid, but my guess is you've turned them off because you don't want to be handheld and as it happens doing this may have accidentally resulted in the prompt not appearing. I have no idea why they'd tie the prompt to the story guidance in the first place, but someone with the same issue (with the exact same prompt in fact) said that was a fix.

EDIT: I think you also mentioned playing on Master, and if Master disables Mission Story Guidance then I guess you just can't do that opportunity on Master right now. Whoops! :eng99:

Nakar fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 25, 2021

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Had you set up his meeting with his daughter? That kill might require you to do that first.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

Had you set up his meeting with his daughter? That kill might require you to do that first.

He does the cycle if you dress up as his bodyguard too.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've been playing the old missions in VR, the only notable bug I've noticed thus far is one guard in Paris (the second one who wants your invitation to go upstairs) will sometimes lock you in place and force a reload. Other than that, it's all been smooth

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Who’s the fellow in the orange suit smoking in the art installation bar in Dubai? An escalation target?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It's just really unstable at this point, my game was crashing constantly even on older hitman 1 missions that I've never had issues with yesterday. Also I've noticed a ton of NPCs getting stuck on triggers where they have to talk to 47 or call in some sort of event. I've been able to resolve most by using the old blood money "throw-a-coin-to-advance-dialog" trick but sometimes the NPC just never does the story event.

Maybe it has something to do with the like 75+GB of removed data from the game for this release.

If it was that it'd probably be crashing for all of us, but most of us haven't had a single crash.

Which isn't to say its your fault or you shouldn't expect the game to not crash, just I'm not sure that's the reason.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Unfortunately true, although somewhat necessary for the story they're building. Whether its worth it is up to you.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
At least Olivia isn't always going THAT about everything and mostly lets you do your job.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Nakar posted:

At least Olivia isn't always going THAT about everything and mostly lets you do your job.

THAT... is why I like listening to Diana

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Diana assisting you during the wine tour in Mendoza was a fun little twist especially considering how brutal some of those kills are.

Also kudos to Hitman 3 for being the only game so far to crash my PS5 :sad:

Overall I appreciate the slightly darker atmosphere in H3, while 2 felt like it was aping Blood Money a lot I got more of a Contracts vibe this time around.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 25, 2021

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Cacator posted:

Diana assisting you during the wine tour in Mendoza was a fun little twist especially considering how brutal some of those kills are.

Also kudos to Hitman 3 for being the only game so far to crash my PS5 :sad:

Some of the funniest moments in the game, since it is clear you're not the only one having fun.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Zaphod42 posted:

If it was that it'd probably be crashing for all of us, but most of us haven't had a single crash.

Which isn't to say its your fault or you shouldn't expect the game to not crash, just I'm not sure that's the reason.

Unfortunately true, although somewhat necessary for the story they're building. Whether its worth it is up to you.

Do you have a newer gen GPU? I'm still using an older GTX1070 SC.

I've also noticed a ton of graphical glitches related to lighting in particular where things like a dim candle flickering in a corner will suddenly look like staring into the sun on the entrance to Dubai.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the advice, I will play hitman 1 in hitman 2. As I said I have the steam hitman 2 and the free epic hitman 1. Will that work? And are any hitman 2 dlc's recommended?

Since xp is only within a mission I'm unclear on how unlocks work. If I unlock something by playing hitman 1, then how does it help me in hitman 2?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

There's a good chance that by the time you finish Hitman 1, your Hitman 2 ownership will carry over to Hitman 3.

If you play the 1 and 2 levels in 3, any equipment you unlock is usable in any of the other games' levels.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Did they port any of the gadgets or stuff into the hitman 1 levels? Does the camera do anything? shortcuts, etc?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I am going to imagine that the rework of the Elusive Targets includes something to do with the camera in some of the older locations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Do you have a newer gen GPU? I'm still using an older GTX1070 SC.

I've also noticed a ton of graphical glitches related to lighting in particular where things like a dim candle flickering in a corner will suddenly look like staring into the sun on the entrance to Dubai.

I do have a newer GPU. That's more likely to be the cause of problems than them changing the data format of the levels. But that's a bummer if you're having issues regardless.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Cacator posted:

Oh, wow, I never tried anything because there were always two people present and I assumed I couldn't do anything stealthily.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ymgve posted:

Oh, wow, I never tried anything because there were always two people present and I assumed I couldn't do anything stealthily.

My favorite is when she asks for a group photo under the grape squasher and says "I think I blinked, can I look at the picture?" leaving the target standing alone right under it.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

ymgve posted:

Mendoza: When you use the freezer, her ironic disappointment is hilarious. "Callous, 47, I taught you better than that."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hey I can play again!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Pennfalath posted:

Some of the funniest moments in the game, since it is clear you're not the only one having fun.

Not only that but she also seems to be aware of how exploitable the AI is.

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020

Supaflywallace posted:

For anyone looking for a solution I might have found one. I changed my settings from Exclusive Fullscreen to Fullscreen and was able to complete Berlin twice with no crashes.

Well it didn't last long, I played the China map and it crashed twice so far. Looking at the processes before hand there's no spike in CPU/RAM/GPU usage, it just happens at random moments. Hope IOI get a patch out soon, this combined with the outages is really limiting play.

So far though I'm enjoying Hitman 3 aside from the crashes. The Berlin map is a favourite already and dubai is quite cool. I like the idea of the Dartmoor one but it feels really limited compared to the others.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Dang some of these escalations are nuts, I wish you could save during them. Is there a good route for the Dubai one because I can nearly SA up to the last guy but I hosed it up and my route was all over the place.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Elendil004 posted:

Dang some of these escalations are nuts, I wish you could save during them. Is there a good route for the Dubai one because I can nearly SA up to the last guy but I hosed it up and my route was all over the place.

For stage two I immediately go behind the bar and head through the laundry room, on the way you’ll find a fire axe and a security guard outfit lying on a shelf making it not illegal to carry it. Head to the bathrooms next door and get that kill.

Head to the backstage of the art exhibit and use the ladders to climb the scaffolding to where the security room with the sleeping guard is. Take the penthouse keycard in there. Use this to head all the way upstairs to where the chef is, grab the three coins on his kitchen center, get his drown kill by using the emetic poison you find in the storage room next door on his water bottle.

Then go for tech lady, use the explosive golf ball you can find in the maintenance room at the end of the corridor. Knock her out and drag her to the end of the corridor before throwing if it helps you feel safer. Coin the guard down one level and on the other side to the railing and push him off.

I go for the electrocution kill last because coins make it way easier. Remember the generator that you use to distract his female coworker is the same one that supplies power to the puddle you’ll use to kill him, and it’s on by default - so turn off the generator, and once the lady has her back turned, puncture the water cooler, puncture the surge protector, get out before she turns it back on, and throw a coin on the other side of the puddle so he walks through it.

For stage three go in kind of that same route but with an uzi.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I've only had one crash so far but is anyone else getting freezes? The game will just randomly halt for a few seconds (though audio keeps playing fine) then resume, without any time passing in-game. It happens seemingly at random and doesn't seem to be related to any specific triggers so I've no idea what's causing it. Game runs fine the rest of the time.

Edit: got a question (mostly for Nakar lol) - do NPC scripts run more slowly when you're far away from them? I've got a run where Mrs Yates kills Don at around the six minute mark if I stay near the villa but either one or two minutes later if I head to the exit in the vineyard

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 26, 2021

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

How do you get to the dartmoor roof? I saw there was a shortcut up there but not sure how to get up there to unlock it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Pilchenstein posted:

Edit: got a question (mostly for Nakar lol) - do NPC scripts run more slowly when you're far away from them? I've got a run where Mrs Yates kills Don at around the six minute mark if I stay near the villa but either one or two minutes later if I head to the exit in the vineyard
More slowly? Not that I know of. But NPC behavior can vary depending on how far the player is away from them. My old Landslide contract Eternal Agony was designed around the fact that the waiter NPC who sneaks a drink behind the dockside bar will not actually register as drinking unless the player is far enough away. I think it is very unlikely that you'd alter the script that much unless you're practically across the level (which is maybe what's happening?), though, so my other guess would perhaps be proximity-based scripting akin to the Constant in Sgail and depending on where you are depends on when they do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Elendil004 posted:

How do you get to the dartmoor roof? I saw there was a shortcut up there but not sure how to get up there to unlock it.

Top bit of the staircase in the main office. It is not easy to find at all