Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Haulin Oates posted:

You said Doug is schizophrenic, and the show is autobiographical. So it's an autobiographical portrayal of the creator's experience with having schizophrenia. Maybe you want to be cute and not connect the dots so you can maintain plausible deniability when people tell you that you're ridiculous, but it's obvious that it's what you mean.

Or, you know, Doug's daydreams were a gimmick to pad out the script of a kids show

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

You should have to produce the alleged example where I said this or be banned imo

I'll admit that any exaggeration of the shittiness of Jim Jinkins is essentially framing a guilty man, but I still can't figure out why you've got such a hardon for this lovely show

super sweet best pal posted:

Doug's fantasies are a maladaptive coping mechanism. He occasionally works out a solution to his problems through them but for the most part they're a means of escape until some unrelated event resolves them or he gives up and confronts his problems like a mature and rational person like he should have at the start.

Heath posted:

He's 11 years old

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

god drat is it getting heated in the Doug thread

And some flybys:

Das Boo posted:

Olive Oil + the Eggman = Patti Mayonnaise

Volcott posted:

Half-remember a patty mayonnaise episode about anorexia, may have imagined one where she was also doing whippets.

Amorphous Abode posted:

Doug why didn't you break Mr. Dink's oath and take off the full body hamburger costume when you dove into that lake to save those kids who couldn't swim. The weight of the sodden fabric could have pulled you under. Everyone could have drowned Doug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

toanoradian posted:

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with US history, which President had a big hole on them?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

muscles like this! posted:

Something I think is kind of dumb about the Predator franchise is the idea that their whole society revolves around hunting. Its one of those bad sci-fi tropes where humans can be all sorts of things but every alien species has a monoculture that revolves around one thing.

Ignite Memories posted:

Predators are the rednecks of Yautja culture

Evilreaver posted:

We're in the Predator's untamed wilds part of the universe. We've only seen hunters because they are the only ones who would bother to come out here.

It's like a deer saying that humans are a monoculture of hunters. The rest of the Predators just do their day job and dream of one day leaving their boring office, hopping in their uncle's old space junker and strapping on a shoulder cannon for an afternoon

Gaunab posted:

So you're suggesting a Bambi/Predator crossover where the Predator turns out to be a human hunter.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

in the end, we were the predator all along

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

"YOKELRY?!" I yell while pushing my thumbs deeper into the eye sockets of the man at the bus stop.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

C-Euro posted:

Bring back Redwall IMO

ThingOne posted:

But without the racism.

Splicer posted:

Bring back maybe 10% of redwall

flavor.flv posted:

All that's left is the descriptions of food

Let's loving go

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The rest of this saga does not require archives :buddy:

Winszton posted:

I'll likely be in a typical high school "fight" soon. I found out a friend of mine had been making out with my then-girlfriend, so I texted him (obviously pretty pissed) that he should man up and either fight me or just let me have a few punches. I told him we'd be square after that and that my intent was not to beat him to pulp or anything ridiculous.. he said he would try to sue me.

I asked a few mutual friends what they thought I should do and they agreed I should kick his rear end. Given that Ive already said I am, I can't (and don't really want to) avoid it.

However he thinks we're cool and that I've gotten over it. How should I best go about this so that a judge would throw out his case? I don't think he still has my "lets fight" texts on his phone as it was a few months ago. What evidence he might have is that: his mom read my texts, and a number of people around town know that Ive expressed a desire to beat his rear end. I think it unlikely that he could convince anyone to testify, unless the court required it. Except for his mom.

Should there be witnesses present? I'm guessing there will have to be because it'd be creepy as hell to stalk him or some poo poo.. most likely he'll be with some of our mutual friends, and then I'll come by and tell him to come outside because we're gonna duke it out weather he likes it or not. I doubt it will be a very vicious or anything.. like I said just your typical squabble between two skinny 17 year olds.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Winszton posted:

Haha, I'm in highschool. Kicking a guy's rear end because he messed with your girl is a perfectly normal reaction, I'm not yet an adult and I'm not going to pretend that I am one.

I don't think I've ever met someone who wouldn't beat me up for making out with their girlfriend. You don't just pussy out and say "ah well the law states that he has no legal obligation to keep his lips away from ________, too bad."

I'll admit asking a bunch of Goons sitting at their computers answering stranger's questions was not a great way to get advice, but I figured one of you might have had enough experience in the real world to give a reasonable response.

I'm not pissed at the guy I'll probably shake his hand afterward, I'm just doing whats reasonable to get square. Of and I have nothing against the legal system and how it's set up, but a lawyer talking to me about "ethical obligations"?

Get your head's out of your asses, goddamn.

(oh and this is all hypothetical obviously)

Alchenar posted:

You do know that a lot of the people in this thread are real people right? Not fat goons sitting at computers?

There are a several practicing attorneys, law graduates and law students. These are real people with varying degrees of real knowledge and experience (and everyone's usually good enough to give advice up to the level of their competency).

Also asking people for advice and then insulting their ethical conduct without knowing any of them is a kind of lovely thing to do.

wait no, I know the right answer:

Feces Starship posted:

wtf is this poo poo

grow up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poor kid. The correct answer would have been to shove him in the hallway immediately after finding out, loudly proclaim why, and let the fight happen or not from there. These sorts of things wouldn't happen if they would just teach "Fight Etiquette" in grade school. I hope as he grew up and matured he figured out the civilized way to start fights with people.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Set up is a thread someone posted claiming that Genesplicer is dead.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

gene's gunna probe the poo poo out of you in 6-8 weeks.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Prester Jane posted:

Have I ever told you about the time I got my wife off with a fart?

About a month ago, I was hard asleep, and she was against my back, with the small of her back against my rear end. Well, I let a powerful one rip. We're talking busted speakers blasting party rap powerful. And it hit just right to activate the nerve highway in her spine. I'm completely oblivious and she's lying there in pure ecstasy when she tries to wake me up. I laughed and fell back asleep and she was pissed in the morning because wtf was that? Was I doing that on purpose? No, I am the ubergoon, and my farts are that powerful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

ArfJason posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpOuP1hdtFk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

why was that poster probated for the only good post they've ever made?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm going to Hell for laughing at this and now you are too.

Unkempt posted:

Probably an audience for Anne Frank/Helen Keller fanfic.

They need to keep the noise down, but Keller's being loud and Frank doesn't know how to tell her.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Do not sleep on this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The thread title was "Stupid poo poo You Did w/ your Best Friends" and I posted "Your mom."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yep!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ChubbyChecker posted:

why was that poster probated for the only good post they've ever made?

Read the probe reason

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

sebmojo posted:

Read the probe reason

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Agreed, that's why this thread tracks down and safely contains fun.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

oh my god

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wait, I'm FYAD now?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

In response to a webcomic series that had a weird gag about a kid (unsuccessfully) trying to marry a rich old guy in Ye Olden Times.

Kennel posted:

Post your favorite child bride comic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Arf rules

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CannonFodder posted:

Wait, I'm FYAD now?

gently caress Yes, Amazing Dommy

some plague rats has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Jan 27, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pick posted:

Arf rules

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

CannonFodder posted:

Wait, I'm FYAD now?

good thing you already have a hazmat suit

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Not funny per se but I feel like more people need to see this so maybe somebody can explain to me what this person is trying to do

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm the opposite and hate that my current microwave automatically clears the timer after being idle for 10 minutes. On my old one I'd put 99 minutes on it and then never clear it until it was time to set it back to 99 again.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

rodbeard posted:

Not funny per se but I feel like more people need to see this so maybe somebody can explain to me what this person is trying to do

You know the little button on your dash to reset the odometer?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

rodbeard posted:

Basically have it so they don’t type in the time, they can just hit the resume button.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zetsubou-san posted:

good thing you already have a hazmat suit

Yeah that's very important, we don't want to catch gray forum brain

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

If like me you live in a state rich with potatoes, you must also be saying come the gently caress on they're right there in the ground! :mad:

Fartington Butts posted:

What's it like being with so many mormons over there in Idaho?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's great. I'm married to 9 women all of whom are your mom

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

rodbeard posted:

it requires less effort to have the timer set to an arbitrarily high number so that you can just press start, wait 1 minute, and then take the food out than it does to actually set the timer for 1 minute every time you're making something

this is basically what I do

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

it requires less effort to have the timer set to an arbitrarily high number so that you can just press start, wait 1 minute, and then take the food out than it does to actually set the timer for 1 minute every time you're making something

this is basically what I do

My mind is completely boggled, how on earth is having a continuous timer that requires you to remember to check back on it easier than just hitting the 30-second button a couple times :psypop:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Man and i thought i over-aggressively optimized trivial tasks, that's hilarious

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 07:10 on Jan 27, 2021

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

My mind is completely boggled, how on earth is having a continuous timer that requires you to remember to check back on it easier than just hitting the 30-second button a couple times :psypop:

The microwave at my work does not have a 30 second timer. It also does not have the "fast cook" option where you just press 1 and it cooks for 1 minute. You have to type in the full number every time.

I get extremely slightly annoyed about this every time I have to reheat food, and then immediately forget about it because who gives a gently caress this is so goddamned minor.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I had a roommate who was obsessed with not clearing time from the microwave. He would only interact with the box through the 1 minute button and opening the door

he also smoked remarkable amounts of crack

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Karia posted:

The microwave at my work does not have a 30 second timer. It also does not have the "fast cook" option where you just press 1 and it cooks for 1 minute. You have to type in the full number every time.

I get extremely slightly annoyed about this every time I have to reheat food, and then immediately forget about it because who gives a gently caress this is so goddamned minor.

Work microwaves are a different weird issue, they always seem to be the strangest oddball cases. But I've bought at least four microwaves in the last decade, and they've always had that functionality despite my shopping criteria being "the cheapest usable option".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We have a microwave that has a knob that you turn in 30 second increments and has a maximum of 3 minutes. It starts automatically once you turn it.