Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Stux posted:

yeah ive had exactly zero of the wiki fits be wrong, you need to make sure you're paying attention to stuff like if it needs to be folded or not, mag empty/removed etc. the only time ive had to change the wiki build is just due to parts being overpriced bcos theyre on the wiki build and i havnt unlocked the trader purchase yet, and replacing them with an exact stat stand in has worked fine.
For pt 3 (the mp5sd) the wiki says

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Gunsmith_-_Part_3#Shopping_List posted:

recoil sum less than 250
In game it now says 150. edit: and ergo above 53 (up from 45)

So...

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
now thats funny

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Ixtlilton posted:

idk I lived both times I went for The Guide. Stayed in the basement, even killed a raider one time. Terrible creatures.

I will forever more think of raiders as mudcrabs. Thanks for this.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
the vector is a little monster isnt it wowoah

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The vector is pretty nuts. I was running through people with it on Factory yesterday. No need for a scope, just hipfire enough bullets into them to make them drop before they can raise a weapon. I see why its the new meta. The gun itself is a cool 100k and it doesn't need many mods. You can get out the door with it and a complete loadup of ammo for about 200k, which is a good breakeven.

I haven't tried the .45 version, but I hear it kicks hard. The 9mm version has almost no recoil. It's gonna get a nerf eventually, but I think that nerf is gonna come via a price increase and a small modification to vertical recoil. It needs to kick more.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ShowTime posted:

The vector is pretty nuts. I was running through people with it on Factory yesterday. No need for a scope, just hipfire enough bullets into them to make them drop before they can raise a weapon. I see why its the new meta. The gun itself is a cool 100k and it doesn't need many mods. You can get out the door with it and a complete loadup of ammo for about 200k, which is a good breakeven.

I haven't tried the .45 version, but I hear it kicks hard. The 9mm version has almost no recoil. It's gonna get a nerf eventually, but I think that nerf is gonna come via a price increase and a small modification to vertical recoil. It needs to kick more.

The only downside to the 9mm version is the ammo cost for 7N31.

If you don't mind spraying 120k+ of ammo a raid, it's certainly effective.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
yeah i nabbed one off a duo in factory and got a good four raids out of it, i just went with ap 6.3 so i could pack a couple of 50 mags and not feel too bad about dumping them at people

https://i.imgur.com/j93kymI.mp4
i shouldve ads'd the second guy lol

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

still freaking me out when I hear the zipper on the bag I just searched (or any other container close noise) play when I have turned around and taken a few steps away - wish it didnt do that

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Qmass posted:

still freaking me out when I hear the zipper on the bag I just searched (or any other container close noise) play when I have turned around and taken a few steps away - wish it didnt do that

Ugh, yes. That sound is the horror. The horror.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Malefitz posted:

Ugh, yes. That sound is the horror. The horror.

The filing cabinets confuse me.

I searched one and after I was done, it was closed.

A buddy searched another filing cabinet but all the drawers on his were left open.

I don't understand how that mess works.

Also you can hear a filing cabinet being searched from outside the building...Those wd-40 cans we find should be usable to make filing cabinets quiet to search...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
containers you search close themselves on your client, containers other people search remain open as long as you were in the raid at the time

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Stux posted:

yeah i nabbed one off a duo in factory and got a good four raids out of it, i just went with ap 6.3 so i could pack a couple of 50 mags and not feel too bad about dumping them at people

https://i.imgur.com/j93kymI.mp4
i shouldve ads'd the second guy lol

I also just use AP 6.3 with them. You are spewing enough rounds via the vector that you almost want a slightly worse version of ammo because enough rounds are entering their body to compensate for the downgraded ammo and enough rounds are missing you almost don't want to waste the money. And by missing, I mean the target died after the first 5 bullets and the next 5 are going into an already dead body.

If you haven't tried the vector, I highly recommend trying it. Stick a suppressor on it, bring at least 5 big stick 9x19 magazines and go to town. You don't need a laser sight on it and you almost don't need a sight. I hipfired 80% of my targets. I've gotten pretty good at hipfiring and the vector is a weapon made for it. By the time your opponent can ADS you just put 10 bullets into their body.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's a more interesting meta than the mosin was, both to fight against and to use.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
very glad the days of 50% of deaths being mosin one taps are behind us

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

aniviron posted:

It's a more interesting meta than the mosin was, both to fight against and to use.

I loved the Mosin...it was a dirt cheap chad slayer.

The vector is on the opposite end of the cost spectrum.

I liked the 16k mosins.....

Stux posted:

very glad the days of 50% of deaths being mosin one taps are behind us

See - that's why I loved it. Because I had the mosin.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i mean i only ran that vector because i got it from a sweaty duo who i killed with a single ap 6.3 clip m9a3 lol theres ur dirt cheap chad slayer

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
catch me out here running unmodded pp-19s baby awoo

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

7N31 is entirely unnecessary in the Vector with how much lead it puts out so quickly. When I feel like being a big boy PMC I load it up with AP and it salts the earth so nothing can ever live again in whatever direction I point it in.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Ah I feel bad. I did a quick scav run and it looks like I was joined up in the middle of the server being hosed up. Lots of lag to transfer loot n poo poo.

Ended up killing 4 dudes, 3 of them lagging hard and 1 was running in place the entire time I watched him (had a keycard on em).

Lag affected me for about 2 mins and then I was fine, everyone else seemed real hosed up though.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ShowTime posted:

If you haven't tried the vector, I highly recommend trying it. Stick a suppressor on it, bring at least 5 big stick 9x19 magazines and go to town. You don't need a laser sight on it and you almost don't need a sight. I hipfired 80% of my targets. I've gotten pretty good at hipfiring and the vector is a weapon made for it. By the time your opponent can ADS you just put 10 bullets into their body.

just wanna add something: if you EVER die because you stopped shooting because you thought the target should've/did die and you only considered this because your ammo is too expensive, you need to downgrade to a subtier of ammo

pst gzh isn't even that bad, or just make yourr first 5-10 bullets ap6.13 and the rest pst gzh if you're poor, you should always magdump people

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Until there is some kinda magazine preset I will never (intentionally) mix ammo types. :effort:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
vector pst to the legs with that fire rate would absolutely wreck people

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I would blow any amount of roubles if it meant sending another PMC back to the lobby. It's the principle.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Stux posted:

vector pst to the legs with that fire rate would absolutely wreck people

I would argue that pst is usually better then ap 6.3 anyway. Most people wear level 4 and ap doesn't pen that reliably. aim for the legs and go for the higher flesh damage of pst.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Cage Kicker posted:

I would blow any amount of roubles if it meant sending another PMC back to the lobby. It's the principle.

Their backpack may be full of bitcoins. It’s worth the risk.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Neon Belly posted:

Their backpack may be full of bitcoins. It’s worth the risk.

Even if it's not bitcoins I bet they went through a few loot spots and filtered out the best stuff for me. Plus, insurance frauding my armor, backpack, helmet, and rig is profitable.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I'm just starting out and I'm finding the small stash size a problem. Should I sell all the construction poo poo I'm hoarding? I know I'll need it soon, but until I open up the flea market I'm really pressed for space.

Also, there's no reason to keep food/MRE/Water, right? It's plentiful enough that I can find it on the go?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I just wanted to say I (completely accidentally) manage to extract alive for the first tine as a scav with a backpack full of DVD drives that wound up being worth like eight roubles and i am very proud of myself

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Canuckistan posted:

I'm just starting out and I'm finding the small stash size a problem. Should I sell all the construction poo poo I'm hoarding? I know I'll need it soon, but until I open up the flea market I'm really pressed for space.

With small stashes, try to put everything in you can into backpacks until you can either buy storage cases (lucky scav junk box, money case, magazine case, etc) or expand inventory through hideouts (takes a while)

Some things are easier to find than others. Things like wrenches, screwdrivers, tape measures, batteries (AA and D cells, others are more rare), etc are very common and you can sell them if you need the space, you'll run into all of these frequently every raid if you look around even casually. If you want to upgrade the hideout, keep stuff like bolts, screws nuts(not bag of screws), nails, etc. If not, try to wait till level 10 to sell them as they are profitable and a little more uncommon.

Canuckistan posted:

Also, there's no reason to keep food/MRE/Water, right? It's plentiful enough that I can find it on the go?

For the most part you wont need to keep food around unless you do a few raids in a row and need to re-up on eating and drinking. I almost never carry them INTO raids, I just use them to eat and drink before my next one when I need it, but I wouldn't say get rid of it outright, some food sells for a good amount on auction.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Canuckistan posted:

If you’re not doing it already, pull mags and pistol grips off all your guns so they are 1 row. Magazines are the other thing that can easily eat up a bunch of space - anything you can get from a vendor (or if you have flea market unlocked, any standard 20/30 round mags) can be sold to make space.

If you have flea market and have a bunch of FIR “scav guns” like SKS, mosin, hunters, etc. just liquidate them now. The prices for stuff that commonly spawn on scavs stays cheap. Even without flea if you have a ton of these and can buy them from a vendor, dump it. Guns are cool but they’re one of the least efficient items to store in terms of cost per slot.

If you’re really desperate, figure out which rigs and backpacks are positive storage space (more slots inside than they take up) and start stuffing them full of whatever trinkets you have laying around.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
stack backpacks, stuff rigs full of items to save space, a lot of rigs give you more slots than they themselves take up. you can check item on the wiki to see if youll need it, some are going to be worth just holding for quests, stuff like flash drives, gas ans, fuel conditioner, the big tushonka cans etc that arent all that common and youll need to have FIR to progress.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

am I wrong to think upgrading your stash size looks like a huge waste of resources? it's one extra row lol I think I'll keep my 3 million rubles and materials

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Pharmaskittle posted:

am I wrong to think upgrading your stash size looks like a huge waste of resources? it's one extra row lol I think I'll keep my 3 million rubles and materials

Level 4 stash is loving enormous compared to level 1 (like 3 times larger).
I initially bought the standard edition and when I upgraded to EOD it felt like I was scrolling forever to get to the bottom of my stash.

"So much room for activities"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pharmaskittle posted:

You're reading it wrong or something. Its 10 more rows per upgrade.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

oh ok, well that's more reasonable

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Oh hey, to any other new people: the gunsmith quests are always worth doing as soon as you get them, I did a chain of them that bumped me up two and a half levels in less than an hour last night. You basically always recoup any money you spend on parts and there's almost always multiple ways to do them if you can't find the specific part a guide tells you you need. It's also a lot of fun playing gun barbie

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Slumpy posted:

With small stashes, try to put everything in you can into backpacks until you can either buy storage cases (lucky scav junk box, money case, magazine case, etc) or expand inventory through hideouts (takes a while)

Some things are easier to find than others. Things like wrenches, screwdrivers, tape measures, batteries (AA and D cells, others are more rare), etc are very common and you can sell them if you need the space, you'll run into all of these frequently every raid if you look around even casually. If you want to upgrade the hideout, keep stuff like bolts, screws nuts(not bag of screws), nails, etc. If not, try to wait till level 10 to sell them as they are profitable and a little more uncommon.

For the most part you wont need to keep food around unless you do a few raids in a row and need to re-up on eating and drinking. I almost never carry them INTO raids, I just use them to eat and drink before my next one when I need it, but I wouldn't say get rid of it outright, some food sells for a good amount on auction.

If I’m doing back to back raids I’ll take enough food and drink in to top me off and eat it when I land for that extra little bit of exp and also to tempt fate as my highly-trained PMC killing machine makes all the loving noise in the world eating loving cheetos.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
always be cracking a nice cold hot rod

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I always bring food and drink to Woods and Reserve because those raids always seem to last forever. Those are also the maps you can probably most easily find that stuff on-site so don't listen to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pharmaskittle posted:

Oh hey, to any other new people: the gunsmith quests are always worth doing as soon as you get them, I did a chain of them that bumped me up two and a half levels in less than an hour last night. You basically always recoup any money you spend on parts and there's almost always multiple ways to do them if you can't find the specific part a guide tells you you need. It's also a lot of fun playing gun barbie

yep, 100%

the only caveat I'd say is that you need to be cautious if you're playing early wipe because some of the parts are *highly* inflated on flea (either because the wiki recommends them or because they're actually unavoidably necessary) - the quests are still worth doing, and usually worth doing right then even at such inflated prices, but if Gunsmith Part 6 currently gives you like 1.3 million roubles in bitcoin you're going to want to weigh paying 1m+ roubles for the gun off flea to keep going and get that sweet xp / potentially accelerate access to higher level traders vs. waiting a bit to see if you can pull an R11 out of marked room/get far enough into Peacekeeper's quest line to unlock it as a vendor purchase/trade, or simply wait for the price to drop with demand (it's now ~5-600k) so that you can pocket the difference

also a good idea to peruse the questline a bit so you don't inadvertently do something like sell a skeletonized AR-15 pistol grip or an olive drab Magpul M-LOK AFG to a vendor (if not FIR) or list it at a "normal" price on flea (if an item you're considering selling on flea has no one listing it but vendors it's often a sign to pause and consult external sources to see if you should be saving it for yourself or gouging the poo poo out of people)

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 26, 2021