Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

he abandoned us :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

smarxist posted:

DDoSing the market with psychotic buying patterns and tanking leveraged debt is hilarious, i hope it brings the house down

It's not going to be, but I would die laughing if that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

thanks, I am also laughing now

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
tu pr

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

what the gently caress is a Fleet

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

smarxist posted:

DDoSing the market with psychotic buying patterns and tanking leveraged debt is hilarious, i hope it brings the house down

Yeah it's pretty funny.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
poo poo owns , trump is back!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Mayor Dave posted:

I don't like this

you either get teeth cob or cum jar

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Burn Zone posted:

what the gently caress is a Fleet

twitters tiktok (even though they had vine and then killed it cause ???)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

𒀀 𒀁 𒀂 𒀃 𒀄 𒀅 𒀆 𒀇 𒀈 𒀉 𒀊 𒀋 𒀌 𒀍 𒀎 𒀏 𒀐 𒀑 𒀒 𒀓 𒀔 𒀕 𒀖 𒀗 𒀘 𒀙 𒀚 𒀛 𒀜 𒀝 𒀞 𒀟 𒀠 𒀡 𒀢 𒀣 𒀤 𒀥

Only registered members can see post attachments!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

twit666 posted:

This is all well and good but when is Biden going to kill God? Pence promised!

Got to dethrone first, THEN kill God what do they teach you kids

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Now imagine your teeth replaced by corn

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

PawParole posted:

I'm happy for u tho
Or sorry that happened

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

petit choux posted:

every 20-30 days, i wiki some religious concept and spend a couple hours going down a theology rabbit hole

religious history and ritual is fascinating to read about, like the throne concept (cuz ancient religions have detailed concepts for every image/character/ritual:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throne_of_God

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah it's pretty funny.

the market is already designed structurally to make shortselling as hard as possible. Usually it's company management and/or large mutual/hedge funds squeezing shorts though so this is hilarious

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

petit choux posted:

I'm a dust farting goon! I resent that you little cabbage!

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what does shorting even mean

Christ all my money is in Serta

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I keep all my cash in gold

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

this is the greatest injustice ever perpetrated

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Alec Eiffel posted:

I thought you'd put it all in hot chick stuff.

quote:

Shorting, or short-selling, is when an investor borrows shares and immediately sells them, hoping he or she can scoop them up later at a lower price, return them to the lender and pocket the difference. But shorting is much riskier than buying stocks, or what's known as taking a long position.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Alec Eiffel posted:

you pay a fee to someone who owns a stock you want to short to control it for a period of time

so the idea is you borrow an amount of shares, sell them, keep the money, then at some point in the future, purchase the same number of shares at a hopefully lower price, and give the shares back to the original owner

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Alec Eiffel posted:

it means you are an apostate who has lost faith in the market. stocks only go up.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Trump gonna be acquitted because of jury nullification lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ZachandMattShow/status/1353830961880969216

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/zdLG6b0.mp4

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so these guys shorted GameStop stock? I had seen that trading was halted on GameStop stock

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I’ve read several explanations on what short selling is and for the life of me I just don’t get it.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

VideoKid posted:

I’ve read several explanations on what short selling is and for the life of me I just don’t get it.

you need to internalize the koan of "number"

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Alec Eiffel posted:

so these guys shorted GameStop stock? I had seen that trading was halted on GameStop stock

I'm a dumbass so I'm probably wrong, but I think people were shorting gamestop, but other people thought it was a good buy so they bought a bunch up, so the short sellers had to start buying up shares to cover their losses from shorting it, and price just kept going up, or something. And the price just kinda ran away towards infinity

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

VideoKid posted:

You're betting that the stock's price goes down is the gist of it. That's all you need to know to understand it, everything else is just the movement of money and stocks behind it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VideoKid posted:

it's a 'handshake' agreement to provide stock to someone at a later date that you enter into because you believe the stock will go down. if it goes up you're hosed because you agreed to provide it someone else at X and now it's up to Y and you haven't actually purchased it yet

capitalism is such a sick hosed up joke of an economic relationship there are very lucrative ways to make money betting against everyone else in certain situations that have to be highly regulated against to prevent (because again, sick hosed up economy)

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

they're running these everywhere, it was on an electronic billboard off 580 in the SF bay area

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

VideoKid posted:

Youre "selling" shares now that you don't have and "buying" them back later when the price dropped.

I think.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

VideoKid posted:

here’s my guide to buying stocks:

IPO: might be reflective of a company’s valuation

Anything Else: it’s gambling.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

PawParole posted:

Nefratitty

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man
I just made some chicken saag with basmati rice and some paratha bread from TJ's and I am fuckin' stuffed

This is probably the tastiest curry I've ever made though. Really firing on all my cooking cylinders lately.
I wonder if it was the ghee, the more aggressive salting, or holding off on the garlic until the end with the pureed spinach...

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/realkhivequeenb/status/1353715124293406720?s=12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

VideoKid posted:

someone gives you stock. you sell it. you ahve to give it back eventually. hopefully you can buy it cheaper than what you sold it for. you keep (or eat) the difference.