Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tqaro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/683ZUG2.mp4

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dunlop

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tmurt

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Buddykins posted:

so whats the point of impeaching him now? who the gently caress cares?

if convicted he can't run for any elected office again, possibly stopping the fracture of the GOP, so of course they wont convict him

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1353857661020856320

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Spergin Morlock posted:

no magic system will ever be better than the draw system

the bad take ship has set sail

love to grind xp, money and then run around on endless fetch quests so i dont run of curagas

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tramt

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!
jerry nadler needs to retire immediately :cripes:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

has biden made any funny tweets yet

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

trudo

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bruce is a sink cat. He cries until you turn the tap on

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Hatebag posted:

Bruce is a sink cat. He cries until you turn the tap on

teach him to turn on the faucet

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/zgk2YkI.mp4

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

Vim Fuego posted:

So a hedge fund doesn't do anything except it's supposed to give a better return than the market average. If a hedge fund loses all of its clients money then why would anyone try and keep that hedge fund going? Why not start a new one, with different people that didn't lose all of their clients money yet?

hedge funds aren't even necessarily to get a better return, they exist to generate returns in a different methodology than standard investment - to hedge against market conditions

it's so rich people can get richer more consistently rather than faster

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Buddykins posted:

this will be me tomorrow

happy birthday

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

trump up the jam trump me up while your feet are stompin

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 362 days!

Next-Gen posted:

hedge funds aren't even necessarily to get a better return, they exist to generate returns in a different methodology than standard investment - to hedge against market conditions

it's so rich people can get richer more consistently rather than faster

Can reddit or w/e gently caress up other hedge funds by juicing/shorting other stocks like with gamestop? Like is that going to be a thing now

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

do crazy as gently caress conservatives all go to school where they learn how to smirk and put their finger on their mouth while they raise their eyebrows

i'm p sure there's a prager u episode on it or something because they all loving do it

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

happy birthday

thank you ! :cheersbird:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

BeefThief posted:

*checks watch*

joe biden is a rapist

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Buddykins posted:

so whats the point of impeaching him now? who the gently caress cares?

take away his USSS protection and bar him from ever holding office in the USA again

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

its important to understand that every time Joe Manchin says "i will never support doing [this good thing]" what he's really doing is rattling his begging cup for a bribe from Schumer, think like a new prison or a stretch of highway for West Virginia.

Also lol, loving wall street traders. You think someone at these billion dollar hedge funds would have played a video game or gone to a mall in the past 5 years and realized what a bad bet gamestop is.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Buddykins posted:

teach him to turn on the faucet

:thunk: that would save me some time

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

Can reddit or w/e gently caress up other hedge funds by juicing/shorting other stocks like with gamestop? Like is that going to be a thing now

it has to be in specific circumstances, they do have enough yolo idiots in that subreddit where they realized there was basically more stock being shorted than stock existed

which means that the actual supply of possible stocks to cover their short would be low if they all went apeshit, making it hard to buy the stock back and forcing them to pay more money to get it and causing a cycle of that as they bought more

it's a brave new world

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
There's valid arguments about not rushing into eliminating the filibuster, people are allowed (in this case Manchin) to be genuinely principled. It's frustrating but immediately chicken littleing about "Dems are a waste" has zero relevance to what's actually happening. What is Schumer exactly, supposed to do to get Manchin to immediately tow the party line? Senators are powerful, have a independence streak, and take time to wrangle. This is way too soon to make sweeping generalizations.

Because at any moment, there is no deadline, Manchin can change his mind. There are clear evidence that perhaps most of the attention and focus is on other pressing concerns and that once attention is put to resolving the senate issues than Manchin will be convinced.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

that was sick

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

Also lol, loving wall street traders. You think someone at these billion dollar hedge funds would have played a video game or gone to a mall in the past 5 years and realized what a bad bet gamestop is.

I mean that's exactly what they bet against. The gamestop would keep doing bad. The problem is someone picked up on the fact that too many people had actually bet against Gamestop and figured that if people started buying, those with the shorts wouldn't be able to actually buy back/cover their bets

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

classic

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/qKELlmu.mp4

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Alec Eiffel posted:

decisions, decisions

no cum 2/10

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i went to gamestop once a few years ago and its just a funko pops store now?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1353858529606692864

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

god drat am I just loving sick and tired of these dumb assholes calling for bipartisanship after the past loving 12 years of bullshit. It's so loving stupid.

generally speaking, I'm all for so called bipartisanship and working with people who might not have the same ideas on things as me as long as they are truly willing to negotiate in good faith, but the republican party has proven time and time again over at least the past 12 years (and you can probably argue correctly that this has been going on since Reagan/Nixon) have absolutely no interest in negotiating in good faith. Oh sure, they make all the proper noises and say things that make it sound like they are interested in good faith negotiations, but they never actually follow through with any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/uZTK694.mp4