Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

Aside from the baseline evil of being a venture capital firm, how evil is this particular company overall?

leon black is son of eli black who ran United Fruits Company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the fruit def didn't fall far from the tree here!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Delta-Wye posted:

:galaxyrim:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Proust Malone posted:

this but nukes as in the people involved in nuclear power. navy nuclear power in particular is full of 4chan nerds

they also handle the explodey ones

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Delta-Wye posted:

nice

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
something tells me my typical quip about 'o no my favs' doesn't apply here, goddamn vampires :ohdear:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Delta-Wye posted:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"Gosh, Epstein was the guy supplying criminal sex to powerful influential and wealthy people. What do you think all that money was for???"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this whole month (our whole lives) has just been the rich dabbing on us

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1353828666942369792?s=21

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

An air 'accident' that always strikes me as way too sus was the disappearance of Ian Mackintosh in 1979: the former spook who wrote The Sandbaggers, a relentlessly gritty and unglamorous depiction of MI6. Up until its very final episode, at the end of series 3, that is, which had to be written by someone else following his plane mysteriously going down and which has a really insistent and unsubtle pro-nuclear weapons script. If you've watched the rest of the episodes, it's an extremely jarring shift in tone. (Well, I think it is.)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I don't know why but I was thinking about TWA800 the other day, another one of those weird mishaps with more questions than answers

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

don't you guys ever wonder if speculating about epstein and pals is just qanon for ppl who think they're too smart/young/woke for qanon?

rich powerful old men at the center of empire eating unripe fruit, being creeps, conspiring to do so together, and this is news? this pederasty stuff is at least as old as fuckin greece and as a child abuse survivor myself I'm more uncomfortable seeing my peers in what feels like pizzagate-adjacent conspiracyland

child abuse and torture is an entire industry in the usa, who gives a poo poo about one maybe-dead guy whose maybe-death clearly didn't make much of a dent in the problem

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pretty sure jeff eps was a reall guy with real victims on a real plane with real presidents

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Feranon posted:

don't you guys ever wonder if speculating about epstein and pals is just qanon for ppl who think they're too smart/young/woke for qanon?

rich powerful old men at the center of empire eating unripe fruit, being creeps, conspiring to do so together, and this is news? this pederasty stuff is at least as old as fuckin greece and as a child abuse survivor myself I'm more uncomfortable seeing my peers in what feels like pizzagate-adjacent conspiracyland

child abuse and torture is an entire industry in the usa, who gives a poo poo about one dead? guy

i sometimes wonder about that, and then i realize this particular qanon-sounding cesspool of crazy actually has a few arrests under its belt :laugh:

2:trueanonheads::0:qanonfreaks

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Feranon posted:

child abuse and torture is an entire industry in the usa, who gives a poo poo about one maybe-dead guy whose maybe-death clearly didn't make much of a dent in the problem

So the flight logs and suspicious bullshit and all that is pure coincidence?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Feranon posted:

I get where you’re coming from but if you read more of the thread, I think you’ll see posts range far beyond anything strictly about Epstein. for me, he’s been incredibly useful as a lens to try and understand the sources and use of power in the world. it may be nothing new, but it is largely absent from the public conscious, especially as a symptom of a larger societal problem.

as mentioned above, Epstein is real and didn’t operate in isolation. I think paralleling it to qanon, a wholly faith based and easily disproven conspiracy, disregards all of the real legal and journalistic work that has been done trying to expose and challenge the abusive hegemony Epstein is part of.

this thread isn’t just a thread where we post what South American countries we believe Epstein is living in. but he is in Panama

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
epstein is real and he is my friend

EDIT: no, wait!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

epstein is real and he is my friend

hi bill

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
just having a normal one, posting a youtube vid for my adoring fans, you know, nothing weird.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Or Donny, or Elon, or

Also Qanon/Pizzagate, like Russiagate, is an FBI psyop to protect their criminal paymasters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

every spacey accuser has died violently

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

yeah, it's just that true detective was right. it's a huge problem, the christians are worse than anyone (guarantee every youth pastor you've ever met is a pedo) and you're gonna have to measure how much you want to solve a massive institutional problem with how much you wanna root for cops to solve it

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Feranon posted:

yeah, it's just that true detective was right. it's a huge problem, the christians are worse than anyone (guarantee every youth pastor you've ever met is a pedo) and you're gonna have to measure how much you want to solve a massive institutional problem with how much you wanna root for cops to solve it

Cops are infinity percent on the side of the pedophile cabal, my friend.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Feranon posted:

forget the cops, im waiting for john d mcafee to break the story wide open and bring the storm

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

the single best, stormiest thing anyone could do to alleviate kids getting hosed in america is to just totally dismantle christianity, bible culture, and their authoritarian stranglehold over our system

it sounds reddit atheisty but if every single clown church, shepherding program, and xtian halfway house was ko'd then the good ole boy network would have to huddle up and find some other intake system for the kids

which they totally would but hey at least it would slow em down for a minute

Tubgoat posted:

Cops are infinity percent on the side of the pedophile cabal, my friend.

right, and of course that's the only snag with going after clown church too. it requires police, who are often also christians

Segata Sanshiro has issued a correction as of 03:27 on Jan 26, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Feranon posted:

the single best, stormiest thing anyone could do to alleviate kids getting hosed in america is to just totally dismantle christianity, bible culture, and their authoritarian stranglehold over our system

it sounds reddit atheisty but if every single clown church, shepherding program, and xtian halfway house was ko'd then the good ole boy network would have to huddle up and find some other intake system for the kids

that's a great take, perhaps there is a religion thread to take it to? not sure if this particular case is a very good choice to lay at the feet of christianity lmao

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
There's pedophiles of all faiths and ethnicities.

The pedophiles are protected by Capital, not religion.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Do you ever wonder if this completely real thing is fake, like [fake thing]? No, because that's a false equivalency and I'd be very very stupid to think that and especially post it

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feranon posted:

right, and of course that's the only snag with going after clown church too. it requires police, who are often also christians

Sure, if you only care about kids from America and not anywhere else (which I sincerely doubt). But for example, philanthropy creates networks that reach vulnerable countries, and when some event throws the lives of people in those countries into chaos, rich fucks have connections that let them buy slaves from desperate families. IIRC Epstein and Brunel had some dealing like this.

None of this requires Christianity. The most brutal and inhumane will always preach their own virtue to excuse themselves.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

there are plenty of folks in this thread that have been personally impacted by child abuse for whom this is a lens to view the framework feranon describs as old and obvious outside of their own overwhelming lived experience. knowing for a fact that others have suffered similarly completely insane experiences makes me feel more sane. getting to see a few untouchable folks at the top actually suffer any consequence helps me decompress my rage.

saying "this speculation sure is fiction adjacent" and then holding up true detective as a foundation for analysis is an odd choice too

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
The Arizona GOP legislator that was trafficking foreign pregnant women and the Milwaukee events are two things which are provable and media-buried. Both discussed in this thread. To say nothing of the lockstep media narratives with regards to Epstein's death, which was the real impetus for this thread's creation (with discussion of pedo networks following from there). We've also discussed how Former President Donald Trump was named in a Jane Doe lawsuit for the rape of a 14-year-old alongside his buddy Jeffrey Epstein. And so on. The thread has watched the media's response (or non-response) to these things in real time. These things are documented. No idea what adjacency to some other thing has to do with anything, the concrete materials that lay the foundation for speculation are not themselves speculative - unlike the QAnon/Pizzagate stuff - so I don't see the relevance at all.

"I'm more uncomfortable seeing my peers in what feels like pizzagate-adjacent conspiracyland," suggests a conscious choice by uncomfortable-making peers to take up some interest or cause, rather than the reality of a series of crack-pings no one asked for flowing naturally from a singular event: the death of a prominent multi-millionaire child pimp and pedophile.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

The Washington loving Post posted:

NEW YORK — Lawyers for Ghislaine Maxwell, the wealthy socialite whose longtime relationship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein led to her arrest on charges that she recruited and groomed his victims, are seeking the case's dismissal on grounds the grand jury chosen to indict her was too White — a move legal experts called valid even though Maxwell is not a minority.

In pretrial motions filed late Monday night, Maxwell’s legal team said the grand jury empaneled last year in suburban Westchester County was improperly seated and lacked diversity — and that Manhattan, where the case is pending in federal court and where there is a higher concentration of minorities, should have been the venue.

“The fact that Ms. Maxwell herself is neither Black nor Hispanic does not deprive of her of standing to raise this challenge,” one of her pretrial motions says.

Gotta love the woke Asian erasure. Also, lmao if this works.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

nut posted:

leon black is son of eli black who ran United Fruits Company
Oh, so really loving evil but went the boring name route instead of picking something outright sinister.

Feranon posted:

I completely get what you're saying and agree that this thread sometimes dips into pizzagate-level conspiracy theories. That said, the abundance of clear and public evidence along with the shock of seeing it laid bare how widespread Epstein's human trafficking operation was makes it a topic worth discussing. Maybe discussion of the systemic abuse you're talking about belongs here (if you're comfortable talking about it), maybe it deserves another thread where it can be the focus.

Epstein just puts a convenient name on something far bigger than one man, and I don't think we're going to lose sight of the fact that his demise, whether you think it was real or fake, doesn't even skim the surface of systemic abuse inflicted on people. For the sake of all of the victims of abuse and human trafficking we know about and however many we don't, all of us who are able and willing to discuss it owe it to them to remember them after they've faded out of the news cycle and hope for some kind of justice. I don't know if there will ever really be any way to hold rich and powerful people accountable, but doing nothing just feels wrong.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Another useful/important thing about Epstein-related crimes is that they encompass many very powerful people who are guilty of crimes against humanity beyond the whole "raping children" thing. So the pedophilia just makes it extremely clear (in a way that is easier for normal people to understand) how monstrous these people are, even if their monstrosity extends well beyond the pedophilia itself.

That NYTimes article is so full of poo poo. As far as I could tell, literally the only mention of Epstein's other "proclivities" is a comment about him "having been arrested on prostitution charges involving a teenage girl." It's just transparently an attempt to redefine the narrative.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 07:39 on Jan 27, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ytlaya posted:

As far as I could tell, literally the only mention of Epstein's other "proclivities" is a comment about him "having been arrested on prostitution charges involving a teenage girl." It's just transparently an attempt to redefine the narrative.

Those famously sympathetic cases, child pimps.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
QAnon was manufactured because they wanted to stop people from talking about Epstein, so frankly conflating the two is more than a little insulting to our collective intelligence.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if qanon is an op it's done its job multiple times over itt lol

nut
Jul 30, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

if qanon is an op it's done its job multiple times over itt lol

Robbie Martin argues, I think pretty effectively, that QAnon comes directly from Pizzagate (I know, not surprising, but i'll elaborate). He argues that no one , including Trump, ever thought Trump was going to win, even after wikileaks dropped the Podesta and DNC e-mails. However, the accusations derived from Pizzagate (satanic ritual child abuse) built up an insane energy in Trump's growing base when Trump started his "lock her up" bit, promising arrests and justice against untouchable politicians. This likely had understated sway on undecided voters, whether because of the nature of the accusations or because we live in a deeply unfair society and many people like my dad believe every politician should rot in jail and he'd love to live to a day to actually see it (the latter being the same energy, I imagine, of Russians who protested for Bill Browder or, now, Navalny, anything that's not Putin).

Then Trump got elected. And nothing happened. All the energy and effort behind Pizzagate had to go somewhere, so QAnon appears to harness it, promising that the "nothing happening" is an illusion and just to wait and wait and wait. But you're right and you're strong.

Then Trump loses and some QAnon followers hit the limits of human patience to fall off while others, still desperate for a release of that energy, storm the Capitol.

I know, it's not very surprising, but I can't imagine how it would feel to have your pride in knowing the truth about the world so thoroughly challenged over a long period of time. There's no one out there who means well for the people who got suckered. Biden certainly doesn't care, it's the enemy team.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hey just barging in to ask if you losers are bringing up craaaazy theories again instead of the big Maxwell trial? Please only post new details since Ghislaine's arrest in here. I only come here to follow up about Epstein's rumored girlfriend and prefer no distractions. Tell me about this trial that the government is approaching very seriously, for the perfectly accountable person who is definitely shown to be in jail. Is it done yet, all parties punished? Official sources only please (minus redactions). With everyone talking so off-topic I have to conclude that the trial is going fine and that there's just some mentally ill Q fans here in need of deep pity. With how transparent the process has been, there's enough to discuss that you'd be crazy to start grasping for outside explanations. Now back to my other account where I will do the same

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 13:20 on Jan 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ghislane is getting off scot free because the jury is too white. keep up