Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I’ll always miss the Famas shotgun. It burned so bright but so brief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Car '97 posted:

Not an item you could hurry up with real money.

https://cod.tracker.gg/modern-warfare/db/bundles/400447-nikto-firestarter

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

dads_work_files posted:

You can play Plunder instead of Battle Royale, it's much more chill as you roam around with your buddies doing missions and exploring at your own pace.

As long as "your own pace" is approximately 3 minutes because that's how long you have until overtime starts on most plunder matches.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I guess I'm going to have to play Warzone. All the unlocks I'm getting on the Battle Pass end up being for that game mode.

Just come play with us in the discord and you'll find warzone is a lot more fun. It doesn't even matter how good you are as long as you follow along and have fun.

https://discord.gg/C92YPhxh

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

municipal shrimp posted:

Just come play with us in the discord and you'll find warzone is a lot more fun. It doesn't even matter how good you are as long as you follow along and have fun.

Yes what are you even doing with your life is you're not playing with us?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Huskerrs runs semtex so they must be good.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

municipal shrimp posted:

Unban me from this discord. Thanks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol what in the world did you do to get banned from this discord? I cannot imagine a more chill group to play with

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

He's mean

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Harsh but fair

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

municipal shrimp posted:

Joined up. Still going to spend some time feeling out the different guns and finding what I like before I start sinking some teams like an eighty year old using an iPad.

So far, I've got the most kills with the EBT..ETB...whatever the starter DMR is. It may be because I unlocked some purple/pink abomination skin, making it the best gun ever.

Question - I've got a mission step that wants ten point blank defense kills. After an entire night (two hours, roughly) of playing domination, I had one. What's my best map/gun/gametype combo to get that done?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Captain Log posted:

Joined up. Still going to spend some time feeling out the different guns and finding what I like before I start sinking some teams like an eighty year old using an iPad.

So far, I've got the most kills with the EBT..ETB...whatever the starter DMR is. It may be because I unlocked some purple/pink abomination skin, making it the best gun ever.

Question - I've got a mission step that wants ten point blank defense kills. After an entire night (two hours, roughly) of playing domination, I had one. What's my best map/gun/gametype combo to get that done?

Just play with goons. You’ll have much more fun and no one cares if you do poorly

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Except RKid. gently caress Rkid

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Lmao you must be extremely vulgar and stupid to be banned from ICRs discord

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

What was your name on the discord and I'll ask the mods

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Really having fun with Warzone then a month ago started getting the 6328 dev error at random.

Tried everything the internet suggested with no luck.

Fun while it lasted I guess...

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

pro starcraft loser posted:

Really having fun with Warzone then a month ago started getting the 6328 dev error at random.

Tried everything the internet suggested with no luck.

Fun while it lasted I guess...

Close bnet, delete the idx files, open bnet. Happens every big win 10 update for me.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Took a decent eight week break from Warzone, just came back to my mates taking on a more aggressive play style - taking a bounty contract as soon as we land - and I'm having some fun again.

However, I'm with others in this thread that a new map is needed desperately. I'll probably lose interest again soon., and same with my group - there's just no other competition right now.

I feel like there are a couple of very simple game modes they could add to change things up in the meantime. One of my ideas is no loadouts - you can only use what you can find on the ground or in boxes. Perhaps they you could buy box drops, $5000 for a blue box and $10,000 for an orange, but the store closes when the Gulag closes. Make literally every blueprint in the game available from boxes at a random chance. This could include the ones with tracer rounds, which might get people to pay for them...

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 27, 2021

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They did a no loadout ltm and it loving sucked

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

They did a no loadout ltm and it loving sucked

Was it in the early seasons? I thought it might've been alright but I can see how it might encourage camping.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
just so yall know the top 5 hack providers for this game have never gotten banned

if your KD is >2.0 i guarantee 20% of your deaths are from cheaters, blatant or not

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just so yall know the top 5 hack providers for this game have never gotten banned

if your KD is >2.0 i guarantee 20% of your deaths are from cheaters, blatant or not

I play on console, what then?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Inner Light posted:

I play on console, what then?

Strike packs and zens have been selling literally as fast as they can make them since modern warfare's alpha dropped

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

omg chael crash posted:

Except RKid. gently caress Rkid

gently caress you too Gary!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Yeah that tracks. Apex Legends released the numbers after their first major banwave and it was about 15% of accounts had been caught cheating at that point and that's just what they caught. MWs anti cheat is even weaker than Apex's was, by all accounts.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jan 27, 2021

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Fart Car '97 posted:

Strike packs and zens have been selling literally as fast as they can make them since modern warfare's alpha dropped

What's that?

With my lovely .7 lifetime K/D, I know I'm scrub tier. But I'd expect the same caliber players in my matches. But every now and then, I'll meet people who are able to 180 jump to prone and headshot me in a fraction of a second. I normally blame lag, but if cheating is a thing it might make me feel a little better.

I watch my killcams to learn from my mistakes. Sometimes the person is disappearing and phasing all over the place. Lag, or cheat?

(Xbox by the way)

On another note, being old sucks. When I'm having a good night, I rack up kills and win a few matches. On a night like tonight where I feel sluggish, I was finishing some matches with less than ten kills. If I didn't have a Gen Two Elite with paddles, it would be more like five.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Probably Domination on Shipment with a shotgun of your choosing. The B flag is in the middle of the map and it's chaotic enough that you should be able to reliably get defense kills on it that are point blank.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Captain Log posted:

What's that?

With my lovely .7 lifetime K/D, I know I'm scrub tier. But I'd expect the same caliber players in my matches. But every now and then, I'll meet people who are able to 180 jump to prone and headshot me in a fraction of a second. I normally blame lag, but if cheating is a thing it might make me feel a little better.

I watch my killcams to learn from my mistakes. Sometimes the person is disappearing and phasing all over the place. Lag, or cheat?

(Xbox by the way)

On another note, being old sucks. When I'm having a good night, I rack up kills and win a few matches. On a night like tonight where I feel sluggish, I was finishing some matches with less than ten kills. If I didn't have a Gen Two Elite with paddles, it would be more like five.

Prehiperals that plug in between the controller and the console/PC that are programmed to automatically control recoil and boost the capabilities of aim assist ingame.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Gordon Shumway posted:

Probably Domination on Shipment with a shotgun of your choosing. The B flag is in the middle of the map and it's chaotic enough that you should be able to reliably get defense kills on it that are point blank.

Cheers for that tip. I really wish I could have more than one mission active at a time.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Prehiperals that plug in between the controller and the console/PC that are programmed to automatically control recoil and boost the capabilities of aim assist ingame.

I'll be hosed. Never knew that existed for console.

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif

Fart Car '97 posted:

:staredog:
so, uhh... where could a guy - theoretically i mean - where would such... "devices" be found?

edit: oh gross

sean_bateman fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 28, 2021

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
And there we clearly articulate the issue - They're not outright 'cheats' and the mainstream perception even in these replies is 'How do I get one?' whilst they clearly provide a substantial advantage over a player without one.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

sean_bateman posted:

:staredog:
so, uhh... where could a guy - theoretically i mean - where would such... "devices" be found?

https://cronusmax.com/

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They aren't cheats in the sense that they are capable of providing the same level of assists that you can get on PC cheats, but they're 100% cheating in the sense that they completely negate recoil.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Picked a Script at random, read the readme (love that old school ASCII h4x0r group art), 100% this poo poo is cheating.

Only real reason it isn't? Because the functionality doesn't exist in the platforms to prevent it, and labelling it as such would put the onus onto Acti/MS/Sony.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Now I'm giving some serious side eye to the people under rank 20 who flip around like an acrobat and laser me with a crossbow bolt.

Question for an Old -

I have other Discord servers and mute all the notifications that aren't specifically mentioning me. I have all the CoD LFG group notifications muted, but the Discord app on my phone keeps blowing me up. What am I doing wrong?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Captain Log posted:

Now I'm giving some serious side eye to the people under rank 20 who flip around like an acrobat and laser me with a crossbow bolt.

Question for an Old -

I have other Discord servers and mute all the notifications that aren't specifically mentioning me. I have all the CoD LFG group notifications muted, but the Discord app on my phone keeps blowing me up. What am I doing wrong?

Did you do tag-warzone or whatever it is? I think under the hood those just @ all the tagged people.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Seeing this poo poo just bums me out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s crazy how loving bad the striker is.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

It’s crazy how loving bad the striker is.

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

MF_James posted:

Did you do tag-warzone or whatever it is? I think under the hood those just @ all the tagged people.

I just joined the Discord, but that tag seems to be what's blowing me up.

Time to go fiddle with it until I become enraged and throw my phone through a window.