Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Kild posted:

how the gently caress did he dial marge.

There's some emergency response people there getting ready to cut off his arms, they probably dialed it for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Yo, Psykos got hosed up. I mean, she escaped in the nick of time, but still, that's a lot of damage.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Happy Monday. Raw is out.
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13933686331805771907

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Whoa. That's certainly new. With Blast actually showing up maybe the people guessing the Murata version ends this arc are right.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 25, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

what the gently caress

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah I don't see how this is going to the same place with this reveal, plus some stuff in webcomic that is mutually exclusive to events here

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This isn't the fireworks factory I was bitching about. :stare:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Translation for now:
https://imgur.com/a/AIRPpma

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This looks like an important chapter.

Edit: wow :aaa:

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 25, 2021

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Blast's costume gives off throw-away dragonball z villain vibes

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Eh it doesn't actually seem that different. The cadres are just now reaching the surface. Orochi is (hopefully finally) killed and psychkosis used orochis built in ejection seat. We (thankfully hopefully) aren't immediately introducing a new super monster to fight right now. Saitama and Flash are getting a slow teleport to the surface. The hero's are slowly reverting back to bickering.
Telepathy box and Blast showing up are completely new but don't actually directly impact any events between the webcomic and the redraw, just some big foreshadowing. The biggest differences are still the same as they were 2 comics ago which are where all the heroes are currently located. In the webcomic most of them were still underground at this point with just a few fighting on the surface.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Whaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuck.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I was hoping for a reaction from Saitama when Blast brushed off Flashy's test, but I guess he saw nothing special to him at the moment. "Does he attack everyone he meets?" was a gut-buster, though.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ohhhh, that was Instakill's blade. I was wondering what I was supposed to recognize in that.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 25, 2021

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Lamebot posted:

I was hoping for a reaction from Saitama when Blast brushed off Flashy's test, but I guess he saw nothing special to him at the moment. "Does he attack everyone he meets?" was a gut-buster, though.

Yeah, I think this is probably the biggest indicator that while Blast is strong compared to Flashy Flash and other hero's, he's still just another person compared to Saitama.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Warden posted:

Whaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuck.

This was my reaction too and I've read the webcomic :eyepop:

Basically the two are diverging so much that no one knows what's gonna happen next at this point

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

The junk collector posted:

Eh it doesn't actually seem that different.
After seeing the translation, you're right. Blast showing up is cool but he immediately left again so the rest of the arc could be practically the same.

I guess the interesting thing is that I don't remember those cubes from the ONE version at all.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Yea, I think the cubes are totally new but seem to be a plot device that connects back to Homeless Emperor's God which isn't new. Getting a peek at Blast's Hobby/motivation is totally new and interesting.

Not sure if that's a spoiler or not, too much witting and re-writing has gotten me confused.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

These last two stops before the fireworks factory have been some serious wtf.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

pik_d posted:

This was my reaction too and I've read the webcomic :eyepop:

Basically the two are diverging so much that no one knows what's gonna happen next at this point

It's great and I'm enjoying the redraw more than ever. Still waiting for one more thing to happen and then I won't be tempted to be a smug shithead webcomic reader hinting at things anymore

gently caress

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

In addition to to Blast, this chapter had a sweet friendship between Zombieman and Child Emperor in addition Saitama continuing to be a clueless idiot, which are my favorite things in OPM. It is terrible they're making this literal child be in charge though.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
What's the best way to stay caught up on the redraw? I used to use Mangadex but it stopped updating.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005

Unit24 posted:

What's the best way to stay caught up on the redraw? I used to use Mangadex but it stopped updating.

I just use this thread. It pretty much only updates when there is a release.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
What's the altar-like structure with the ominous shadowy figures on the back of the last panel? Can't remember that one.

yota821
Sep 3, 2006

Angry Lobster posted:

What's the altar-like structure with the ominous shadowy figures on the back of the last panel? Can't remember that one.

Looks like some Orochi fan art

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

My guess is it's the undergrounders or whatever they were called from early in the manga. The ones that Saitama had dreams of actually being a decent fight and only being disappointed when he actually woke up.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Unit24 posted:

The VIZ simulpub is not nearly as far behind as it once was. So you could probably start there if you have a sub and then hunt around here for links to the fan translation to fill the gap.

e: just checked and it's only like 2-3 chapters behind the scanlators.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

I just use this thread. It pretty much only updates when there is a release.

Is there really no organized way to read them?
Going back to older pages and guessing which chapter is being posted doesn't seem like a great system.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Unit24 posted:

Is there really no organized way to read them?
Going back to older pages and guessing which chapter is being posted doesn't seem like a great system.

You could probably try searching on the OPM subreddit by chapter number.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Kuvo posted:

Blast's costume gives off throw-away dragonball z villain vibes

its reminiscent of android 16 imo.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
So I'm trying to get a read on just how good of a guy blast is. The moment when he asked about having a monster with them that wasn't a prisoner, and if he was ignoring Saitama on purpose or if he truly has no idea who he is.

That loving look between Manako and Saitama.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most people have no idea who saitama is.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
I was thinking back to how boros could tell how powerful Saitama was by looking at him. As well as the tatsumakis flashback and blast seemed to know a whole lot about her.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Did not instantly slaughter the monster and asked questions first is a good starting point.

Blast seems pretty Chill tbh in the redraw.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TowerofOil posted:

I was thinking back to how boros could tell how powerful Saitama was by looking at him. As well as the tatsumakis flashback and blast seemed to know a whole lot about her.

Boros is a DBZ villain, of course he can scan for power levels.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Orochi is (hopefully finally) killed

He HAS to be dead at this point, right? Like, I feel like Murata went to great pains showing him being ground into dust, right before being plunged into Earth's molten core...

Also, my God, they killed Zombieman!!!! ONE you son of a bitch!!!

...But in all seriousness, I'm so pumped to see the Cadres emerging. I have to think things are going to move along quickly now, since its unlikely we'll see Saitama again before he's at the surface to join the fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why are people convinced that Blast's warping is slow like an escalator?

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Why are people convinced that Blast's warping is slow like an escalator?

The rule of cool. We have to give all the S-class their amazing lovingly drawn rematch fights before Saitama shows up and one punches the problem sometime next year. Murata can literally not help himself.
Also because Blast said that time was moving really slow wherever Flashy Flash and Saitama are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

TowerofOil posted:

So I'm trying to get a read on just how good of a guy blast is. The moment when he asked about having a monster with them that wasn't a prisoner, and if he was ignoring Saitama on purpose or if he truly has no idea who he is.

That loving look between Manako and Saitama.

"He's fine. He's a flashlight!"

Blast ignoring Saitama could mean he doesn't detect Saitama's true power. What we do know is that Saitama wasn't impressed by Blast moving behind Flashy Flash since he comments on Flashy's attack and not on Blast's speed.