Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Floppychop posted:

I must be messing something up, I waa barely breaking even doing T3 filaments so I just kind of gave up. It was with a dual LASB vagabond.

were you doing T3 electricals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/90243022/
RACK. EM.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

317?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

and can you restart it

honk

MaxPowers posted:

I had to keep asking around if he was the 2000% mic boosted solus

I got a new mic, I don't sound nearly as loud anymore

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:sun:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

I see each titan as the culmination of somebody’s entire Eve career. Poof! Then imagine how inspired they must have felt after that fiery State of the Coalition. How confident they must be that leadership has a plan.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

MaxPowers posted:

No mining rigs? smdh

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

coelomate posted:

I see each titan as the culmination of somebody’s entire Eve career. Poof! Then imagine how inspired they must have felt after that fiery State of the Coalition. How confident they must be that leadership has a plan.

I'm confident their plan is to wait for :ccp: to announce they are shutting down the servers for good. at T minus 3 minute, they will all log on, jump out of system and vily/PGL will announce mission success just as :ccp: is flipping the off switch.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Dalael posted:

I'm confident their plan is to wait for :ccp: to announce they are shutting down the servers for good. at T minus 3 minute, they will all log on, jump out of system and vily/PGL will announce mission success just as :ccp: is flipping the off switch.

That's better than most of their plans, tbh

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Baculus posted:

were you doing T3 electricals?

I was doing gammas.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, I was accepted against all good judgement, now to fly in to goon home like a boss

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Someone mentioned a while back that James315 is dead. Does this mean literally or just in game?

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Was doing some faction warfare last night, I am a bit of a newbro, especially as I did a lot of mining skills in the early days so for one round of fighting I grabbed the trusty Griffin as they were bringing logi frigs to the plex.

For the first time I've ever seen, all 4 of my jams stuck on their logi and their fleet melted. Glorious :D Also they had funky reppers which I managed to loot which will pay for my frigates for a few weeks on their own. The eve gods were smiling on me last night :D

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

RFC2324 posted:

Someone mentioned a while back that James315 is dead. Does this mean literally or just in game?

literally first link in google
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/james-315-funeral-07/256486/17

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Found this excellent page of propaganda and war reports from Frat's northern conflict on reddit: https://freemenofthenorth.com/

Such a shame that our adversaries have conflicts raging in all of their homelands, here in month 67 of the war.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
I met Schad for dinner and drinks years ago when he had a layover in my area (along with Percelus who turned out to be my roommate's brother; small world). A great guy and his loss is heartbreaking.

RFC2324 posted:

It drives me nuts that almost every 'make isk' guide starts with 'have 30 million sp and/or several billion isk'

I wish one of the people who knows all the money making inside and out would roll a new character, and do the money making bit with no outside support (like being bankrolled by their main) and figure out an isk making for idiot newbies guide.

I can't ask for people to subsidize my attempts to figure poo poo out, the only thing I ever made isk at in this game was ratting in delve with a carrier or an isktar, and it took 5 years of grinding to get to having those. I'm too old for 5 years of grinding

I ran four calm dark abyssals in a newbie fit. Made 9m isk in 30 minutes dumping to buy orders using this alpha friendly kestrel fit https://abyss.eve-nt.uk/fit/822. Couple times my shield got low enough I'm not sure an alpha skill-capped character would have survived. I don't know how long it takes to venture mine 7m takes, but it's bootstrappable for a newbie.

Seems easy enough for a newbie to get into. Couple gently caress yous from CCP.

1) You need three filaments to open the site, even alone. Fine, lesson learned. Picked up an 18 pack of filaments in Jita and left again to spawn the sites in a 150au system so no one could see me dscan. Not necessary in my 7m kestrel, but seemed like a good idea.

2) The fits are incredibly site specific. Filaments drop for other types of sites, but no way you can spend the evening just flowing from one to the next. Instead, enjoy running the same dungeon 40x straight. Something I don't think would be horrible at higher tiers, but at newbie level it's not very interesting or dynamic when each room has one or two rats.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

/\/\/\ I'm planning of following the filament game this weekend, since the guide was linked above. I'm excited!

Oh good, he just killed off the character.

RFC2324 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 26, 2021

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

RFC2324 posted:

he quit eve and stopped adding additions to the minerbumping blog after nearly a decade of updating it at least weekly

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Everyone keeps saying how easy the initial abyssals are, but if you are running at t1 fit frigate it is totally possible to die. Use some caution, you will likely have to make sure you are flying at an angle to the bigger rats so its harder for their guns to hit you.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I died in 0 level abyssal with a t1 destroyer...

I had an autocannon destroyer cobbled together from newbie stuff, and since I got a dark abyssal for free from the newbie bonuses, I decided to try it mostly blind... turns out the rats inside happily kited me, and to hit them I had to feather mwd to get in close range, but mwd ate up my cap so I couldn't shield rep :v:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
What really annoys me though, is two things

1) my account is too new to be on singularity, so I cannot test anything there
2) I am not sure where to pop the abyssals to not get ganked by an enemy... 1dq and neighbouring systems are super busy, and I definitely don't want to make a high sec alt for this just yet.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Just make an alpha clone alt that you refer yourself. Everyone should have an alpha clone they refer and just stick any random fitting skills in queue and update when it’s convenient. Eventually you’ll want an alt and it’s simpler to just set one training and forget it ahead of time. Worst case, you extract it later.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Xarn posted:

What really annoys me though, is two things

1) my account is too new to be on singularity, so I cannot test anything there
2) I am not sure where to pop the abyssals to not get ganked by an enemy... 1dq and neighbouring systems are super busy, and I definitely don't want to make a high sec alt for this just yet.

get a jump clone in jita and set your death clone to 1dq. Means you can jump to jita to get your ship and abysal and then deathclone back to 1dq for ops

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Infomorph Synchronizing skill cuts your jump clone timer down below 24 hours. You can jc to Jita and mess around in high sec for the night. When you log in the next night your jump clone timer is ready to go if you need to be back in Delve.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

captainclaw posted:

get a jump clone in jita and set your death clone to 1dq. Means you can jump to jita to get your ship and abysal and then deathclone back to 1dq for ops

do not do this you will die.

people always scan down filament sigs. the only time ive gotten ganked running filaments was when i was being too clever by half and either running them off grid and away from other people, or in space where people can (read: will) blast you for being a war target. in my guide i was very unambiguous that the place to do these is on grid with people who want to kill poo poo. the filament is an object that is warpable for everyone on grid with it, so if you run them even in M2- friendlies will respond to one or two assholes thinking they're gonna get you when you come out.

Xarn posted:

I died in 0 level abyssal with a t1 destroyer...

I had an autocannon destroyer cobbled together from newbie stuff, and since I got a dark abyssal for free from the newbie bonuses, I decided to try it mostly blind... turns out the rats inside happily kited me, and to hit them I had to feather mwd to get in close range, but mwd ate up my cap so I couldn't shield rep :v:

please go read the guide. NEVER take any gun or drone based ship into a dark site. you cannot do any damage to anything.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005

Baculus posted:

please go read the guide. NEVER take any gun or drone based ship into a dark site. you cannot do any damage to anything.

It's a crappy mechanic that t0 sites aren't full blown tutorials and instead leave new players podded back to station without any idea what they did wrong.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Baculus posted:

You don't say.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

DARPA posted:

I met Schad for dinner and drinks years ago when he had a layover in my area (along with Percelus who turned out to be my roommate's brother; small world). A great guy and his loss is heartbreaking.

Schad as in Schadenfreud? What happened? I haven't been keeping up on the thread for a few weeks.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

DARPA posted:

It's a crappy mechanic that t0 sites aren't full blown tutorials and instead leave new players podded back to station without any idea what they did wrong.

I totally agree. There should have been an NPE style tutorial that yoy jump into by doing the T0 filaments, with that computer chick explaining what to do and how but :ccp:

the skill point requirement for low tier is extremely low, but you still have to have a lot of understanding of all the mechanics. :(

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Bucnasti posted:

Schad as in Schadenfreud? What happened? I haven't been keeping up on the thread for a few weeks.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3866278&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=880#post511924271

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Bucnasti posted:

He had a heart attack and died in his sleep. RIP.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Frida Call Me posted:

He had a heart attack and died in his sleep. RIP.

At least it was in his sleep. I know I hope to just not wake up one day

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Baculus posted:

do not do this you will die.

people always scan down filament sigs. the only time ive gotten ganked running filaments was when i was being too clever by half and either running them off grid and away from other people, or in space where people can (read: will) blast you for being a war target. in my guide i was very unambiguous that the place to do these is on grid with people who want to kill poo poo. the filament is an object that is warpable for everyone on grid with it, so if you run them even in M2- friendlies will respond to one or two assholes thinking they're gonna get you when you come out.

If you're going to run an abyssal in highsec, find a VERY quiet deadend system. Don't buy expensive ships in jita with your main. Build a hauler alt and get them in a Transport Ship so you can haul expensive poo poo and not get caught unless you afk or something equally stupid.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

rocketrobot posted:

If you're going to run an abyssal in highsec, find a VERY quiet deadend system. Don't buy expensive ships in jita with your main. Build a hauler alt and get them in a Transport Ship so you can haul expensive poo poo and not get caught unless you afk or something equally stupid.
Don't make a high sec hauler alt. Use courier contracts. Pubbies will haul your poo poo for like 5M isk/hr.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

We managed to snag a burner mission runner in Delve today, the nergal melted pretty quickly but surprised that it was worth this much:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/90250530/

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Dik Hz posted:

Don't make a high sec hauler alt. Use courier contracts. Pubbies will haul your poo poo for like 5M isk/hr.

Yeah up to a certain isk amount. They're not going to be picking up your 2B collateral 30 jump hauling job any time soon.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

rocketrobot posted:

Yeah up to a certain isk amount. They're not going to be picking up your 2B collateral 30 jump hauling job any time soon.
They're still going to value their time less than you do yours, or should.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
My jita alt flies bowheads and occators and delivers whatever I need wherever I need it in highsec. It doesnt do anything else but sit in station theres no reason not to give it something else useful to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Micromancer posted:

My jita alt flies bowheads and occators and delivers whatever I need wherever I need it in highsec. It doesnt do anything else but sit in station theres no reason not to give it something else useful to do.

TIL someone out there uses the bowhead

is it good for hauling ships?