Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Wouldn't be surprised to see DeVonta at Miami and Chase at Philly

I'm not thrilled about this, but IMO if Penei isn't avail Chase's floor is #5. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if they took him over Penei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yall are underselling how good Sewell is

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bengals select kyle pittsburgh

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah I'd rather have Sewell when my line has to deal with Garrett and Watt 4 times a year. Higgins and Boyd aint a bad duo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one would rather have either WR than Sewell. we're just talking about the bengals organization and one of the receivers being burrow's buddy. you will back off from my best friend Toussaint whatever

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kiper released his first mock and lol.

Mac Jones oh god please no

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

There used to be a time on these here forums when goons would clamor for offensive lineman.

“Give me two trench hogs on day 1”, you’d say.

Skill positions were considered fools gold. TEs drafted before the fourth round would elicit furious shitposts, which was the style at the time.

I just don’t know where these forums are a-going anymore.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I just cannot wrap my head around the Eagles having a top-10 pick and not somehow taking a QB. Like every time I see anyone discussing who they'll take its another position and it takes me a couple of minutes to go "Oh right, they decided to stick with the poo poo guy who sucks."

It is just so, so stupid.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Quiet Feet posted:

I just cannot wrap my head around the Eagles having a top-10 pick and not somehow taking a QB. Like every time I see anyone discussing who they'll take its another position and it takes me a couple of minutes to go "Oh right, they decided to stick with the poo poo guy who sucks."

It is just so, so stupid.

How do you get rid of Carson's contract? I've always thought in terms of team building you should build up a roster that at least has OL or a couple of weapons then bring in a QB on a rookie contract and build off that - like even if the Eagles take a QB this draft who turns out great they'll end up wasting his rookie contract because he'll still be throwing to practice squad WRs and putting up with a forever injured/aging OLine.

Also, Jalen? I will be loving furious if they take a QB again, the team has so many holes already, could Lawrence even make them contenders?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Ornery and Hornery posted:

There used to be a time on these here forums when goons would clamor for offensive lineman.

“Give me two trench hogs on day 1”, you’d say.

Skill positions were considered fools gold. TEs drafted before the fourth round would elicit furious shitposts, which was the style at the time.

I just don’t know where these forums are a-going anymore.
The aged goons of that time were wise indeed

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They were greedy, and drank too deeply of the offensive line and were smote for their sins, left to see their teams draft RBs in the top five and 2nd round kickers.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Grittybeard posted:

DeVonta Smith didn't get measured at the senior bowl which...well would have been interesting I guess.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1354080073649950721

I mean I don't blame the guy, there seems to be exactly one knock on him and you might as well game the system as much as you can.

on the other hand, like, everybody knows he’s tiny, and unless he had some sort of wasting disease before the combine i don’t think him coming in at 165-175 is gonna shock anyonr

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, but if the only figure out there for him is a dodgy 180 from Alabama, people will use that. If he’s 175 at the senior bowl and 180 at bama he’s 175

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Still waiting for centers to be posted

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

D-LINK posted:

Still waiting for centers to be posted

This is all I've seen about Centers

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1354074951423324163

I don't think he's quite the prospect Frank Ragnow was(less mobility and more injuries), but the guy loving rules if you're running the right scheme.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want all the big OL.

Every last one.

That 400+ pound dude from Minnesota is the ultimate prize.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Daniel Faalele, offensive tackle for the University of Minnesota.

6 foot 9 and 400 pounds.

Get the man a blue ox.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens are desperate for interior guys with long arms. Skura, Mekari, Bozeman, and Powers are all throwing little Care Bear arms at their defenders.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I want all the big OL.

Every last one.

That 400+ pound dude from Minnesota is the ultimate prize.

He apparently isn't eligible for this draft:

https://twitter.com/GrindingTheTape/status/1352677365021888515

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

There is no god

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Yall are underselling how good Sewell is

Look, I'd trade up for him. The Bengals organization overvalues WR and Mike will take Chase if Joe wants him. This is the same franchise who paid Carson's little brother for years

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think there's certainly an argument to be made about Sewell in terms of him playing in a screen-heavy offense and not really playing against many top pass rushers.

That being said, you watch the guy play and the combination of physicality and athleticism is pretty crystal clear in a similar way as it was with Mekhi Becton. Even if he's not checking all the boxes, there's clearly a whole hell of a lot of upside.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

DeVonta Smith didn't get measured at the senior bowl which...well would have been interesting I guess.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1354080073649950721

I mean I don't blame the guy, there seems to be exactly one knock on him and you might as well game the system as much as you can.

I remember being at the first teaining camp for AJ Green and immediately being horified because he looked like a stick figure. I was convinced he'd die after his first hit. Through his first contract and into his second at least he was durable. I think mass on a receiver is overated.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think there's certainly an argument to be made about Sewell in terms of him playing in a screen-heavy offense and not really playing against many top pass rushers.

That being said, you watch the guy play and the combination of physicality and athleticism is pretty crystal clear in a similar way as it was with Mekhi Becton. Even if he's not checking all the boxes, there's clearly a whole hell of a lot of upside.

Plus I love the NorthWestern kid Slater. He looks so crisp in pass protection. I feel like he's a day 1 starter and he's probably league average good. I'm the biggest opponent of Sewell @ 3, but I love the NW kid even @ 18. I realize that goes against our big hog run first mentality towards the line now... but dammit. I love me some smooth kick step action from a 320 lber

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Slater isn't lasting till 18

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've seen several mock drafts / player rankings that have Slater over Sewell.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I can’t believe how much he’s exploded but I flat out don’t see him going before 12. Guess we’ll see. Lots of dudes I like there - Collins, Waddle, Slater etc

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What can you guys tell me about Justin Fields? Would SF be better off addressing another position and getting a veteran QB?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

He's not going to be available at 12

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
If the panthers let him get to 12 i would march on Bofa

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

I've seen several mock drafts / player rankings that have Slater over Sewell.

They're absolutely abhorrently wrong

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can’t believe how much he’s exploded but I flat out don’t see him going before 12. Guess we’ll see. Lots of dudes I like there - Collins, Waddle, Slater etc

Slater at 13 for us makes too much sense

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What can you guys tell me about Justin Fields? Would SF be better off addressing another position and getting a veteran QB?

Justin Fields is an excellent QB prospect and in some draft classes would be the consensus #1 overall. He’s not a perfect prospect but ultimately he’s definitely good enough that if he’s available and your team needs a QB, then you draft him. He won’t last to SFs natural pick so they’d have to trade up for him, which would be fine because the niners are basically an immediate Super Bowl contender if they have even halfway decent quarterbacking.

To your second question; it’s a unique off-season because there are some actually-good veteran QBs available. Stafford, etc. Ultimately which option leaves the niners “better off” comes down to what price they pay to get their qb, via draft or via veteran trade.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

zimbomonkey posted:

If the panthers let him get to 12 i would march on Bofa

What’s Bofa?

youre welcome

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Slater at 13 for us makes too much sense

Yeah that’s where I stopped when I was doing my
Whole “where does he justify the pick” and dammit SD is it

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Mac apparently was great at the Senior Bowl

Congrats to one of the good teams moving on from an ancient QB

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

How the gently caress did I miss Mister Elias De’Angelo "Whop" Philyor.

Goddamn legend.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How the gently caress did I miss Mister Elias De’Angelo "Whop" Philyor.

Goddamn legend.

Overshadowed by Amon-Ra St. Brown

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Slater is gonna fall to the bears due to his short arms, I have seen this in a dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

No this is a goddamn football name

Tuf did not have a good senior bowl week apparently (thread)

https://twitter.com/kylerrobbins/status/1355546081489264640

I mean...that's rough.