Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the criminal arc has left me with a permanent feeling of dread for NEET. even though it wouldn't be weird at all for the "main" storyline to be a positive one, I am still just waiting for some horrible thing to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Aardvark! posted:

the criminal arc has left me with a permanent feeling of dread for NEET. even though it wouldn't be weird at all for the "main" storyline to be a positive one, I am still just waiting for some horrible thing to happen.

its somewhere between a psychological fiction drama and a horror story

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Hey, think positive. At least one timeline so far hasn't ended in his untimely death.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

BigBadSteve posted:

Hey, think positive. At least one timeline so far hasn't ended in his untimely death.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
oh man i really wanna see what happens when neet goes to the ghost tv

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Calling that the medium researches NEET ahead of time and pretends to channel his parents, cryptic references to forgiving him for "what he did."

NEET then outs himself as a convicted murderer by jumping to his own defense

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

flavor.flv posted:

Calling that the medium researches NEET ahead of time and pretends to channel his parents, cryptic references to forgiving him for "what he did."

Ah, the self-:neet: defense

Best response to TV allegations

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

Yeah, an angry/tearful verbal :neet: by Tohru claiming his innocence would hardly convince anyone, after the idiotic self-defeating Tohro already (falsely) admitted years ago to murdering his parents, and spent many years in prison for his 'crimes'. (Of course his oldies actually suicided out of not atypical Japanese guilt, in this case from having raised a would-be serial/berzerker killer, Tohru was googling up some methods when his old man caught him.)

I think I have all that correct. It certainly makes for more interesting soap opera than the TV variety, except maybe for the excellent eponymous Soap. I've almost given up distinguishing the multiple NEET timelines' plots, but still greatly enjoy the comic.

Re the last, Dear '-eak' , how about posting a funding link below (and I promise to donate). I've lost track of the purported many translators too, but do have a hypothesis somewhat similar to the last part of the movie Psycho, which I won't go into any further out of respect.

Edit: I hope y'all like my new avatar. :)

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 26, 2021

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm not sure about Japanese culture. Murdering your parents is obviously bad, but would it be much better to have had your parents kill themselves because they could not live with the shame of having you as a son?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

. . . and yet slowly enough for your meandering treacleflow of introspection

Love panel 2 btw

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Ah and it's 62 days to go. Feck all has changed.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

So basically if I want to feel like I'm living a longer life I should become a NEET?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hot Stunt posted:

So basically if I want to feel like I'm living a longer life I should become a NEET?

Medical research has proven that when people are warm and bored, they perceive time as seeming to move slower.

So yes, if you can sponge heating off someone, like your parents. That or get a boring job in a heated building.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Get a fatbike, stupid NEET!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
We keep calling him a NEET, but he has a job now..

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Now in Education, Employment, or Training.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Vic posted:

Now in Education, Employment, or Training.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Whoa(no I don’t care that the whole office got it)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

unless this comic is taking a sharp turn I am guessing everyone in the office is getting one

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I've read enough weeb poo poo to know about obligation chocolate.

Giri-choco posted:

Loosely meaning ‘obligation chocolate’, this gift is given to friends, bosses, family members, work colleagues or other men who the giver isn’t romantically involved with.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fecking hell, is there anything in glorious Nippon that isn't fantastic? Pretty much all women you know have to give you chocolate or it's a shameful display.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Princess going to give NEET some of that sweet honmei choco.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm sure our boy is going to treat this interaction completely normally and not misinterpret anything.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, his mom has been giving him those for as long as he can remember, what could go wrong?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hot Stunt posted:

Princess going to give NEET some of that sweet honmei choco.

i hope she makes a perfect likeness of his head sculpted out of chocolate

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

boring. i want a marriage proposal!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Tfw even your chocolate appeals to your sense of duty

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Lord Stimperor posted:

Tfw even your chocolate appeals to your sense of duty

Friendship/obligatory chocolate is a pretty well-established cultural thing in Japan, IIRC.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Lodin posted:

Fecking hell, is there anything in glorious Nippon that isn't fantastic? Pretty much all women you know have to give you chocolate or it's a shameful display.

The guys have to return the favour a month later on White Day.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Hang on, is she giving chocolate to Princess? You mean women have to give girichoco to each other in a exponential loop?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hyphz posted:

Hang on, is she giving chocolate to Princess? You mean women have to give girichoco to each other in a exponential loop?

You only have to give the girichoco to other men colleagues if I'm understanding the article correctly

fake edit: I didnt read the article enough apparently. there's a thing called tomo-choco lady friends give to each other.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 28, 2021

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

hyphz posted:

Japan is a super advanced country

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 27

BigBadSteve posted:

Re the last, Dear '-eak' , how about posting a funding link below (and I promise to donate). I've lost track of the purported many translators too, but do have a hypothesis somewhat similar to the last part of the movie Psycho, which I won't go into any further out of respect.

Edit: I hope y'all like my new avatar. :)

Looks good! Here's the link to my Patreon if you'd like to help out: https://www.patreon.com/BrotherMake Thanks!

Docteur
Jan 4, 2019

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 27

Looks good! Here's the link to my Patreon if you'd like to help out: https://www.patreon.com/BrotherMake Thanks!

Who would have thought having a job you enjoy instead of doing nothing all day can be fullfilling!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So is the reason for the dramatic countdown and NEET enjoying being a productive member of society for once that he'll get fired once the game is out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!