Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Doodles posted:

Yeesh, all that character is missing is a set of lips projected on the face and it's "Metal Clutch Cargo Solid"

Meanwhile, it looks like "Last Dungeon" has finally settled into its groove, which looks like a harem anime around a young doofus. Fantasy Tenchi Muyo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey, at least the main girl is also the best girl. Always nice when that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rudoku posted:

The erection 2-parter had me rolling.

I was half-expecting it to turn out to be masturbation myself. Or to have the sperm hit a condom. Given the general inferences of the Body in Code Black, I assume the manga holds at least one "this is your body on drugs" afternoon special as well?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was half-expecting it to turn out to be masturbation myself. Or to have the sperm hit a condom. Given the general inferences of the Body in Code Black, I assume the manga holds at least one "this is your body on drugs" afternoon special as well?

Not the ones typically seen in an American after school special, but Black does go through a few that OTC stuff taht any typical overworked and depressed person would go through.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
If you're sleeping on Wonder Egg, you should stop doing that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
get those draven stacks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
from now on tuesday is the wonder egg day, wehre all the wonder egg gang assembles

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

eggu

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
frick you work, i'm watching wonder egg right now

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I finally edited in a proper OP to the WEP thread.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

I finally edited in a proper OP to the WEP thread.

Thanks, I'm sorry I got lazy about it and kept putting it off. I also need to update the OP of this thread and add links to all the threads and sirens. Obviously WEP gets one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, at least the main girl is also the best girl. Always nice when that happens.

Agreed, presuming you're talking about the wizard princess.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's an amazing coincidence that in 2018 Yurucamp (one of the best shows of the year) aired in the same season A Place Further than the Universe (one of the best shows of the year) and in 2021 the Yurucamp sequel shares a season with Wonder Egg Project

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's an amazing coincidence that in 2018 Yurucamp (one of the best shows of the year) aired in the same season A Place Further than the Universe (one of the best shows of the year) and in 2021 the Yurucamp sequel shares a season with Wonder Egg Project

And it was pointed out that it's also airing in the same season as Otherside Picnic, which is a show about a girl with heterochromia traveling into into another world to rescue someone, and also that girl is gay.

Though I guess that Sorawo can turn on her otherside vision without her eye changing color now? Or she was wearing contacts or something?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

What does Wonder Egg Project have in common with Yurucamp?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Agreed, presuming you're talking about the wizard princess.

Ayup. A super-strong puppy-man with excellent housetraining is exactly what she needs, and exactly what the show is giving to her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

Though I guess that Sorawo can turn on her otherside vision without her eye changing color now? Or she was wearing contacts or something?

The anime hasn't done a good job about establishing it, but yes, the book makes clearer that she generally wears a color contact to avoid comment once her eye turns blue. You'll notice that Toriko also generally wears a glove on her transparent left hand for the same reason.

Xelkelvos posted:

What does Wonder Egg Project have in common with Yurucamp?

He's not saying that WEP is like Yurucamp, he's saying that WEP and Yurucamp S2 is one of the strongest pairs of shows he's seen since 2018 when we had Yurucamp S1 running alongside A Place Further Than The Universe.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

when you have 40 shows airing in a season there's gonna be some "coincidences". its like the thing where you only need like 30 people in a room before it's highly likely that two have the same birthday

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Spiritus Nox posted:

The anime hasn't done a good job about establishing it, but yes, the book makes clearer that she generally wears a color contact to avoid comment once her eye turns blue. You'll notice that Toriko also generally wears a glove on her transparent left hand for the same reason.

The glove bit was pretty obvious since she pointedly takes it off to use it, but I didn't see if she put in contacts at some point. It seemed like in episode 3 her eye changed color when she turned it on, so it seemed for a while in episode 4 like she could switch it on and off, but then she was clearly using her True Sight without her eye changing color so I was confused.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

The glove bit was pretty obvious since she pointedly takes it off to use it, but I didn't see if she put in contacts at some point. It seemed like in episode 3 her eye changed color when she turned it on, so it seemed for a while in episode 4 like she could switch it on and off, but then she was clearly using her True Sight without her eye changing color so I was confused.

Yeah that bit honestly frustrates me a little - I can basically understand not having time to have someone actually mention the contact out loud given that the novel's chapters are pretty long and they're having to make some real cuts to fit them into a typical anime episode, but they could at least color Sorawo's eyes properly. Especially since IIRC she never actually wears the contact in the Otherside, just when she's out and about where normies might see her. That just feels like production jank.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I am really enjoying Otherside Picnic so far. Do we have a thread for it yet? Or is discussion mostly just taking place in here?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Talorat posted:

I am really enjoying Otherside Picnic so far. Do we have a thread for it yet? Or is discussion mostly just taking place in here?

We do not have one, unless I've missed it. I suppose I might make it at some point if nobody beats me to it - especially since I'm a fan of the source novels and those are licensed, ongoing, and go well beyond what I expect the show to adapt.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just realized Quintuplets has sirens but I dont think Ive seen anyone even talk about it yet. Did it just get left behind by a few surprises and other big name shows?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think Horimiya is the only school romcom adaptation that anyone here gives a poo poo about

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Furnaceface posted:

I just realized Quintuplets has sirens but I dont think Ive seen anyone even talk about it yet. Did it just get left behind by a few surprises and other big name shows?

Coaaab posted:

I think Horimiya is the only school romcom adaptation that anyone here gives a poo poo about

Yes everybody is watching Horimiya instead from my experience.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Well then I demand Julias move his sirens to keep up with the times. :colbert:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think its the type of series that put a lot of its eggs in the 'whos it gonna be' basket so people are done with it now that they know. i doubt it was supposed to air this long after the manga ended but covid

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The sirens are a mod privilege and he should keep them as is imo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
all fair arguments but it is a loving crime that ex-arm doesn't have a siren at this point

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It needs a janky cgi siren

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
:frogsiren: is the only appropriate indicator for Ex-Arm.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

:itwaspoo:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

julias i know this is the least important thing in the universe but can you please make this happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haa0J8oEyWA

i knew canipa was gonna do a video on this and loving lmao. this mother fucker was trying to emulate into the spiderverse on his first animation project ever. one of the most ambitiously directed animated films of the last decade

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjl0qMgrugQ

Megalobox 2 trailer

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I find it funny EX-arm with a Live action staff to direct the anime and it resulted in a disaster all the while in the same season Wonder Egg Project is airing with the writer being a famous J Drama writer but the staff is all anime veterans

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah and Kazuki Nakashima was primarily a playwright before Re: Cutie Honey.

It's not a hard or impossible transition to make you just can't have your entire staff not know what to do!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In fairness, I would think it's much easier to make the jump as a writer than a director. Like I'm sure things like the expected episode length of a TV anime require some adjustment on the part of the writer, but there comes a point where good narrative is just good narrative, whereas I'd think there'd be much more pressure on a director or even like a storyboard artist to have at least a basic understanding of anime's very specific types of production pipeline.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i feel like the only live action director i would trust to make a seamless transition to animation without a veteran animator backing him up as co-director is bong joon-ho, since he directs live action films using animation direction techniques anyway

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They got a live-action director because.....since they were making a 3DCG....he would understand 3D space better?????

Real life is 3D, this is 3D checks out

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmao I hadn't seen anything about that guy's live action films so I was just sort of assuming he at least knew what he was doing there but even those look like they suck, that's hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A what company