Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ll microwave leftover pizza if I’m mega lazy, otherwise it goes in the toaster oven on 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Aardvark! posted:

thread content: I always microwave my leftover pizza. If it's a legit 800 degree oven crispy crust, I've never had leftovers of that. Papa john's or something? Why not? 30-60 seconds depending on thickness of crust and number of slices. Perfectly delicious.

Pizza is fine cold, but when I do reheat it, I put it in a skillet

Toaster ovens work fine too but I don’t own one

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
A sandwich press does delightful things to even garbage zza

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Definitely not a “worst pizza” candidate but I thought the thread would enjoy.

would

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Aardvark! posted:

thread content: I always microwave my leftover pizza. If it's a legit 800 degree oven crispy crust, I've never had leftovers of that. Papa john's or something? Why not? 30-60 seconds depending on thickness of crust and number of slices. Perfectly delicious.

Next time I have pizza I'm trying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB42iztkzVQ

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Cartoon Man posted:

also convection oven from cold, 5-8 minutes

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Would a gyro pizza be good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Would a gyro pizza be good

I've had them from multiple places and they have been delicious every time. Absolutely.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It definitely sounds like it would taste very good but look like poo poo. Which is fine

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Aardvark! posted:

I've had them from multiple places and they have been delicious every time. Absolutely.

That sounds like Swedish pizza talk to me, boy

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Leftover pizza is for breakfast, eaten cold while standing over the sink, waiting for the coffee to be ready.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
The airfryer is the machine for reheating pizza while you wait for coffee.

Our local store carried Hormel “cup and crisp” pepperonis for very brief time and they were great.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Little bit of water in a covered hot pan is The Way when you’re reheating pizza. It stops the cheese from getting all gross.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Cold pizza the next morning is an integral part of The Pizza Experience, why would you ever reheat pizza.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cartoon Man posted:

look. sometimes you just want to eat a fistful of pepperoni

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Cartoon Man posted:

and people try to say radioactive sterilization is perfectly safe

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

reignonyourparade posted:

Cold pizza the next morning is an integral part of The Pizza Experience, why would you ever reheat pizza.

There’s some pizza that’s just bad cold.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I hold that there's no pizza bad ENOUGH cold that it's worse than "man I had pizza but no cold pizza in the morning."

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Cold pizza as I refer to it means pizza that's room temperature from sitting in the box as opposed to being refrigerated.

All pizza is bad "fridge" cold, which brings us to

reignonyourparade posted:

If it has ingredients that would put it in the "danger zone" from sitting overnight (uncured meats) then it should go in the fridge, and hence be reheated upon serving

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Cold pizza as I refer to it means pizza that's room temperature from sitting in the box as opposed to being refrigerated.

If it has ingredients that would put it in the "danger zone" from sitting overnight (uncured meats) then it should go in the fridge, and hence be reheated upon serving

I refer to that as “counter pizza” instead of “cold pizza”.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

All pizza is bad "fridge" cold,

Incorrect, suck my rear end.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

:wrong:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I refer to that as “counter pizza” instead of “cold pizza”.

I usually keep it in the box, and put the box in the oven. The only reminder is the smell of burning cardboard upon turning on the stove for something else

As for catupiry pizza, the answer to whether it belongs in the fridge or on the counter, the correct answer is "in the garbage"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I don't think it's controversial to say hot food is meant to be eaten hot, the colder something is the less activated the flavor molecules are. For cold pizza it's offset somewhat by the time it has been allowed to sit, which like soup, more time only makes it taste better.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Waking up in the morning with a fresh slice of counter-temp floor pizza.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

just keep the box under your pillow while you sleep, keeps the pizza sorta warm and you're ready to go the second you wake up

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Back when I was 24 and, like most 24 year olds, was a drunken trash goblin, there was a pizza place near me that had a free cheese pizza on tuesdays with the purchase of a pizza with toppings. That was basically my grocery shopping for the week.

Cheese pizza is definitely best kept on the counter for up to a day. Veggie pizza needs the fridge but if you reheat it and toss a ton of Tabasco sauce on it it’s pretty good. Meat Lover’s is another good countertop option for up to a day but those always make me feel gross if I eat them.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Cheap, watery sausage straight out of the oven that was set up way too hot, piled HIGH.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Bunch of savages that need a Pizzazz.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_dream

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

The Charlie Brown Pizza

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

'Cheese Dream' or lactose nightmare? Lol at giving this any name but 'cheese on toast'.

Still counts as a technical pizza, albeit intersecting the pizza-sandwich Venn diagram.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I Dream of Cheesy

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
kenji is cancelled?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhrMBfhAcP/?igshid=13tv4bz59sfrl

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that looks delicious, ngl

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cartoon Man posted:

I loved this Star Trek episode

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cold pizza is very different from room temperature pizza as the cold congealed grease is a whole new realm of flavor. Room temp stale pizza is just pizza turned down to a 3 out of 10. So much lost potential.

People who leave pizza in an oven overnight are irredeemable.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

People who leave pizza in an oven overnight are irredeemable.

The oven is not actually on during this time :ssh:

It's just a good place to keep stuff that the cats are going to get to otherwise without chilling it unnecessarily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I’m well aware of that and it is a disgusting practice.

Fridge your leftovers folks. A box of half day old Room temp pizza is only meant to be discovered on a coffee table or sideboard, and eaten in shame. Not proudly unveiled from within a metal box like a vaudeville act full of flourish and pride.