Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a neat cape posted:

My dad got a vaccine appointment! I kinda lied on the sign up thing and said he was 65 when he's 64, but it worked.

One parent take care of, now to shift focus to my Mom

i went through hell to get one for my mom who just turned 65 but i succeeded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/tysonbrody/status/1354200204304642052

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Skwirl posted:

But there's no way for him to turn that into actual money without tanking the stock again, right?

I mean, they could probably get most of his original 50K out with it dropping too much, but much more than that would probably cause a run, wouldn't it?

No, he can absolutely cash that out at any point. There's so much volume in it that I don't think that would tank it much.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

wandler20 posted:

No, he can absolutely cash that out at any point. There's so much volume in it that I don't think that would tank it much.

Even if it did why would he care

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

Even if it did why would he care

Well I thought part of buying so much was to screw over investors that shorted it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

While that's pretty funny to do, it's hard to turn down making tens of millions on your $50K initial investment

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

My county seems to have no vaccines still :/

Yeah I desperately want to get my mom one and I don't know how to game the system even though she's...well let's just say well over 65.

swickles posted:

The other thing to do is go like 15 minutes before closing to sites like the county Health Department. If there are no-shows or they have extra allotted for whatever reason, they will want to use them up. There are almost always 2-4 doses left at most places.

This seems like the best idea but good luck to me trying to explain that sufficiently for her unfortunately. And I could/should take her just in case but she is going to fight me like hell unless it's a sure thing because she doesn't want to be a bother.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I dont remember which California poster it was that posted about roasting the tomatillos/peppers/garlic before turning them into salsa but drat. I'm on my third batch in as many weeks.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

Somehow I am tier 1c for vaccine due to working in hospitals, but PA is critically low on supply, so who knows when I'll actually get it

You're tier 1a in my heart

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

You're tier 1a in my heart

Same, my friend. Same.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My parents can't get the vaccine because they're in one of a handful of counties in VA that haven't opened it up to 65 plus. My Dad is a 72 year old diabetic. On the other hand my wife has gotten her first vaccine shot because she works as a speech pathologists in people's homes. They've been teleworking via Zoom the whole pandemic and will continue doing so through the year so she never leaves the house.

This country sucks.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Skwirl posted:

But there's no way for him to turn that into actual money without tanking the stock again, right?

I mean, they could probably get most of his original 50K out with it dropping too much, but much more than that would probably cause a run, wouldn't it?

He's already taken out several million iirc before hitting 22

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1354173133398405120

lol she's absolutely going to get reelected in 2022

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

I have only seen a couple eps of Babylon 5 and that was when I was a kid so remember nothing. Worth watching now that its on HBO Max?

B5 is absolutely worth the watch and in my opinion is some of the best sci fi out there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

Nah she’s getting indicted.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

Gonna guess that the county is extremely right wing, the Democratic challenger received little-to-no money, and the main reason why this wasn't brought up during oppo research is because it would have made her more favorable.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah she’s getting indicted.

I'll believe it when I see it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean it seems like a good use of the relatively useless censure thing at least. But I'm sure I will be told that's a step too far by serious political people for reasons.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

Gonna guess that the county is extremely right wing, the Democratic challenger received little-to-no money, and the main reason why this wasn't brought up during oppo research is because it would have made her more favorable.
I read that her opponent dropped out because his/her family was receiving death threats

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I read that her opponent dropped out because his/her family was receiving death threats

Oh I remember that story. Is this the guy who just wanted to run because he felt he needed to do something? Like just a decent guy who had normalish opinions and then the DNC advisors told him to run a scorched earth type ad that made the death threats and harassment happen and his life got ruined?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Oh I remember that story. Is this the guy who just wanted to run because he felt he needed to do something? Like just a decent guy who had normalish opinions and then the DNC advisors told him to run a scorched earth type ad that made the death threats and harassment happen and his life got ruined?

Yes, he ended up divorced and out of the state so he had to drop out cause he wasn't a resident

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jackbox Tonight at 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/JmKPjWVw

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I've been told I have a pretty good shot ( :v: ) at getting my first vaccine dose tomorrow and if it doesn't happen it should be within the next couple weeks :toot:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/OutOfContextEv/status/1354206326029692933?s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m real tempted to buy a call option for this game stop deal.

Absolutely bananas.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m real tempted to buy a call option for this game stop deal.

Absolutely bananas.

You want to write a long out-of-the money call, right? Or, are you saying you want to actually make a bet that the stock is going to go up more, but rather than just buy the stock, you want leverage and the possibility of a total loss if the stock goes down??

Because if it's the latter, whoo boy, more power to ya but that's a heckum of a gamble IMO

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Godzilla vs Kong looks like just the right amount of stupid fun that I will absolutely be spending a hundred bucks to rent out a theater so I can see it on a big screen and hoot and holler as the big monkey punches the big lizard. I also plan on being pretty drunk.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Leperflesh posted:

Quite a few posters two and three pages back who really really should pay an extended visit to BFC's long-term investing and retirement thread. It's an incredibly useful resource.

So can I get the longer version of your tl;dr from the books they recommend in the OP? Not sure how to get the major bullets from an 866 page thread.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

Godzilla vs Kong looks like just the right amount of stupid fun that I will absolutely be spending a hundred bucks to rent out a theater so I can see it on a big screen and hoot and holler as the big monkey punches the big lizard. I also plan on being pretty drunk.

Yeah I mean, pacific rim was fine this should also be... fine.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't understand this Gamestop thing at all but I am certain that someone will face jail time for their involvement in it. Don't know why, I just get that feeling.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

I don't understand this Gamestop thing at all but I am certain that someone will face jail time for their involvement in it. Don't know why, I just get that feeling.

Hopefully it’s friggin Todd Howard!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I called my mother to pick her brain on what's going on and after explaining what /r/wallstreetbets was she said she was going to call one of her friends in the market monitoring division (there's a group that actively monitors any unusual stock activity that triggers a freeze on a stock, which has happened tons with GME since friday). So if anyone gets their heads torn off by old, angry chinese ladies that don't understand technology, sorry.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Kalli posted:

Yeah I called my mother to pick her brain on what's going on and after explaining what /r/wallstreetbets was she said she was going to call one of her friends in the market monitoring division (there's a group that actively monitors any unusual stock activity that triggers a freeze on a stock, which has happened tons with GME since friday). So if anyone gets their heads torn off by old, angry chinese ladies that don't understand technology, sorry.

Kalli are you snitching

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Does causing someone to have an orgasm without touching them count as sex?

You’d think ‘no’, until you try explaining it to your wife out loud.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think everyone is the cause of their own orgasm, really.

Except maybe that ape in Singapore that got tazered until he nutted to death

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 27, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I mean, pacific rim was fine this should also be... fine.
I watched Pacific Rim with a bunch of like-minded dudes and marked the gently caress out the whole time.

I got cash, I can rent out a theater. Now I wanna do that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I rented one out to take the kids to see Elf. Time to rent one out with a couple of my buddies for Godzilla.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Where are people streaming TV from illegally nowadays?

Between all the streaming services we have or get free access to it's been years since I couldn't find a legit version of what I was looking for. But my wife and I just finished Halt and Catch Fire and now I want to show her Pushing Daisies but it isn't streaming on any Canadian services (looks like US Prime only, boo).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

Between all the streaming services we have or get free access to it's been years since I couldn't find a legit version of what I was looking for. But my wife and I just finished Halt and Catch Fire and now I want to show her Pushing Daisies but it isn't streaming on any Canadian services (looks like US Prime only, boo).

It used to be on CW Seed in the US, which is free (with ads).

Also I did not enjoy Pushing Daisies very much on re-visit. I liked it when it aired, but coming back to it 10 years later, watching it felt like chugging corn syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

Get a VPN?