Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Have the rumble come down to Lee and Lesnar and have Lee spirit bomb both of them directly through the ring to the floor. Since nobody can tell who touched first they both go to mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Not gonna lie, in a vacuum that triple threat is incredibly intriguing to me.

Especially because Lesnar clearly was impressed with Lee at the Rumble so he'd likely be more than willing to put him over.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This also means Edge/Orton won’t be a title match and Drew is either retaining until Mania or losing it to Brock at some point, because Lesnar wouldn’t be working it otherwise.

I guess this means Lee or Goldberg might win the Rumble?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

and then the miz cashes in on the winner

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That triple threat would loving own, I'm gonna keep it 100% real.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, except apparently Lee doesn't know how to work so he's been sent back to the PC kiddie pool by Papa Vince?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The funny thing is I absolutely believe that WWE is both considering putting Keith Lee in a WM main event with Brock Lesnar and also think he's needs to go back to wrestling school. I'm old enough to remember Nathan Jones.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status/1339366842801025024?s=21

For all the Dark watchers, got to imagine they work heel this time.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status/1339366842801025024?s=21

For all the Dark watchers, got to imagine they work heel this time.

They let them wear the bear trap masks. Hell yeah.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Big E won the IC title from Sami in a lumberjack match at the Smackdown tapings

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Seven years between singles titles runs (first IC title won on November 18th, 2013). What a ride for the Big E singles push

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
lmao switch the title while Sami is on a roll and Big E is cold as ice.

Hoping they do some Jericho-esque conspiracy victim stuff to have Sami get the title back or make it interesting. I like Big E as much as the next guy, but Sami was being entertaining and drawing interest to the belt.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
They just simply could not have reached the amazing heights of "beats chickenshit IC Champ in an unhyped lumberjack match on free TV" unless they cut all ties with the rest of the New Day. I wouldn't have taken it seriously.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given that it's smackdown that means that the other two members of the new day wouldn't be in the lumberjack crowd, yeah?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not sure if it counts as a spoiler because he said it openly on the Unrestricted podcast but at the end Sting mentioned that part of his deal un AEW is to do a cinematic style match.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Betting odds for the rumble

quote:

Men’s Royal Rumble Winner (Top 5)

Daniel Bryan +125
Keith Lee +400
Edge +500
Brock Lesnar +600
Big E +700

Women’s Royal Rumble Winner (Top 5)

Bianca Belair +250
Alexa Bliss +350
Rhea Ripley +400
Charlotte Flair +500
Bayley +700

Universal Title Match

Roman Reigns -800
Kevin Owens +425

SkyBet odds for the WWE Title match have Drew McIntyre at -175 and Bill Goldberg at 125.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heel Reigns v. Bryan would be an absolute banger. I understand why people despise WWE but Roman is on loving fire RN and him vs. Bryan would be SO GOOD.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I wonder what it would take to get Cena for Mania. He’s shooting the Peacemaker show right now so I think it’s highly unlikely he gets a surprise Rumble spot.

He’s also getting close to Rock territory where the movie money he gets is so much that’s it’s not worth the insurance risk to ever wrestle again in case he gets injured and fucks up a production.

I’m curious who the surprise entrants will be this year. I think they’ll use the Rumble to call up Priest and Ripley officially. I think Booker T gets a legend spot because of the Bad Bunny performance. Anyone in NXT UK is probably not possible.

The women’s rumble is harder to predict because it’s usually half legends and NXT already

Dacap fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 26, 2021

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Resubbing for the Rumble with the hopes my wife gets to see Bryan win

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Dacap posted:

Betting odds for the rumble

I'm sure this has come up countless times before but why the gently caress do bookmakers take bets on events that some people already know the outcome of? That seems insane to me.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Heel Reigns v. Bryan would be an absolute banger. I understand why people despise WWE but Roman is on loving fire RN and him vs. Bryan would be SO GOOD.

It makes all the sense in the world, so there's absolutely no way WWE will do it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Answers Me posted:

I'm sure this has come up countless times before but why the gently caress do bookmakers take bets on events that some people already know the outcome of? That seems insane to me.

because there are always people that dump money on longshot dogs. the wwe stuff though seems to be relegated to euro and asian bookies which are kind of the wild west anyway on that front

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i would say though that for free money dump loads onto Bryan.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I will watch WWE again for Bryan/Reigns I’ve wanted that rematch forever. I don’t see them letting Bryan win that one but it’d be a great match.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/wrestlevotes/status/1354227208387227651?s=21

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

:getin:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The final 2 will be Fiend and Bray Wyatt

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

HerraS posted:

The final 2 will be Fiend and Bray Wyatt

I think there’s a non-zero chance Fiend-possessed Alexa Bliss wins the men’s Rumble

igota75
Feb 9, 2006
hopeless in honolulu
Shane McMahon seems scariest to me

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dacap posted:

I think there’s a non-zero chance Fiend-possessed Alexa Bliss wins the men’s Rumble

She wins the women’s rumble straight up, gets possessed, wins the men’s, bam.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They're gonna do the Yano finish from this year's Rambo where everyone else is thrown out before #30 enters and he wins by default

I would say that it's a surprise Brock return for icing on the cake, but I guess they're announcing #30 ahead of time so that takes some fun out of it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’ll probably set the ring on fire and everyone but Bray will self eliminate because that seems dumb as poo poo and a complete waste of my time.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I thought WrestleVotes were the ones who regularly pulled "scoops" out of their asses for clicks, or am I confusing them with someone else?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DeepDickPizza posted:

I thought WrestleVotes were the ones who regularly pulled "scoops" out of their asses for clicks, or am I confusing them with someone else?

Wrestlevotes is not at all credible yea, complete bullshitter

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Miz. Miz vs McIntyre at Mania. McIntyre wins the Johnny nitro lays him out and Miz cashes in mitb to win the title.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A Johnny Mundo vs Drew match would loving own, especially if it's Lucha Underground version of Johnny Mundo.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if it scares the death out of you isn’t that a good thing? bring it on. not today, death.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fiend is 29, throws out everyone, Alexa shows up and sets fire to him or something, then he vanishes, now there's no one left, #30 comes, and

HERE COMES THE MONEEEEEY

e: bonus, Shane's somehow purple as he huffs it to the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Wrestlevotes has an ok track record for something called Wrestlevotes. He's gotten a few.