Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

P-P-POWERHOUSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo is this new music for Hobbs?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't care where he's really from, this dude should be billed as from Ireland.

Hell yes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What if hook takes his sweatshirt off and he's just shredded

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Penguin Patrol posted:

Oh poo poo is this new music for Hobbs?

I think so, it's alright.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hobbs theme whips rear end

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't care where he's really from, this dude should be billed as from Ireland.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Dark: it's a show about flags

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THE HOOK PLEX

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
yooooo nice, hook!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Hook's arms only work on the left side outside the ring.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hooks one move per dark

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Taz sounds so proud of Hook. Big face energy there.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Taz sounds so proud of Hook. Big face energy there.

Proud Father Taz.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
aew has more sons than any wrestling promotion in history

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Reality Protester posted:

Stampede might need to have words with AEW.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm so glad they realized Hobbs has amazing heel energy

love that sneer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
huh, honestly the finisher was the weakest part of the entire ending sequence. Not that it's bad, but everything about the setup looked way cooler.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Man, that was a really fun Dark.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOOK

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

all wrestling should have live on mic reactions from a child. nothing recreates the live experience better

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

huh, honestly the finisher was the weakest part of the entire ending sequence. Not that it's bad, but everything about the setup looked way cooler.

i loved that bull rush in, and the st. patrick's sell where hobbs had to peel him off him was great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's a normal person saying hook and then there is Will Hobbs saying Hook.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Hobbs squashes are a thing of beauty

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

all in all I thought Jake St. Patrick actually looked really good in that squash lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

All sons! No daughters! (Sorry Tessa)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Squishy posted:

All sons! No daughters! (Sorry Tessa)

Aubrey Edwards (daughter of the legendary Eddie Edwards) sticks her head out of the treehouse and laughs.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Takeaways from tonight’s episode: Fenix vs Baron Black was very good. I don’t know what it is but I think Madi Wrenkowski has star power. -1 is cute but little kids cursing is always weird to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mons Hubris posted:

Takeaways from tonight’s episode: Fenix vs Baron Black was very good. I don’t know what it is but I think Madi Wrenkowski has star power. -1 is cute but little kids cursing is always weird to me.

It's because you are a fuddy duddy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bart Simpson said hell, so can -1

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

-1 is too young to have a heel persona. 10 needs to get off the blow and be a better role model.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Madi Wrenkowski has an energy about her that really reminds me of Captain Charisma-era Christian. Just full of hubris and looks completely surprised when they’re on the losing end of an exchange. I hope they keep bringing her back, the women’s division could use a decent delusional heel.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Squishy posted:

I love CDs goofy ring jacket. Generals in general look dumb as hell.

isnt his gimmick a freddie mercury rip

StarkRavingMad posted:

Fenix is so cool that even his botches look pretty dope

part of me wants to think fenix is on a 'im gonna botch one move but not tell you which one and you're going to have to deal with it' level

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

-1 is too young to have a heel persona. 10 needs to get off the blow and be a better role model.

Have you ever met a kid? They're all heels.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Catching up on Dark. Rey Fenix just casually pulling out a missed moonsault roll back cutter is amazing. The Walk Off was super fun. Now going to watch Santana and Ortiz destroy cheap Superman and the guy who's growing on me with his enthusiasm Ryzin

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If you don't like Ryzin you can go to Hell(gate, Florida)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I love the irony that everyone in the Dark Order is a face EXCEPT for the kid

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

name someone who has a better pump kick than Tay Conti. You can't do it

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Crapple! posted:

name someone who has a better pump kick than Tay Conti. You can't do it

maybe miro? but it's real close

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Taz, Excalibur, and Ricky Starks on commentary

1) Fuego Del Sol vs Miro. God, Miro is the scariest looking human. Chuckie is doing a great job of being resentful. Ooh, fiery and largely ineffective offense from Fuego apparently people from Kentucky wear their hair parted to the side? I wish the Miro / Chuck thing would go on longer because it's great.

2) Jurassic Express vs Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow. Given a cohesive gimmick, Johnson and Solow could be an excellent team. The Jurassic Express entrance to Tarzan Boy is still great. Opening exchange with JB and LJ absolutely ruled. This is a super exciting and athletic match that showcases Solow and Johnson well along with showing off some of Jungle Boy's technical skills.

3) SCU vs Terence and Terrell Hughes. T & T are not pure identicals. This is a good solid meat and potatoes tag match. Hughes brothers are pretty slick, and have some good team offense. I'm enjoying this sunset run from SCU. it's clear Kaz still has more in the tank than Daniels, but they are so charismatic together. Ending was a bit awkward until the Best Meltzer Ever but that was overall solid.

I am never going to care about Scorpio Sky's podcast.

4) M'Badu and KC Navarro vs The Butcher and the Blade. M'Badu is M'Goodu. Navarro just getting murdered from the start. Butcher's backbreaker is just lethal. I like M'Badu, but I want him to be more concerned about his partner's fate. God, that corner splash is great. Match ended pretty quick but was fun while it went on, and I loved hearing Ogogo repping a fellow Nigerian boy.

5) Baron Black vs Rey Fenix. Good technical start, becomes pretty hard hitting. I'm still not quite seeing "it" from Baron Black, but he's fun enough. I did love Black just chucking Fenix out using his own momentum. Wow, Black has some Go Shiozaki style chops in his bag, those looked great. And that LUDICROUS moonsault attempt into a cutter. This heated up a lot as it went along and the end was great.

6) Shanna vs KiLynn King. King is really coming together as a performer, love her new ring music. Oof, strong showing to start from King. Great power moves and decent strikes. This is a lot more back and forth than I was fearing. I like the diving foot stomp in the corner but the assist from King was a bit too obvious. Great performance overall by King. Also unconnected: gently caress off racists. Anyway, where were we?

7) Brooke Havok vs Britt Baker. Havok is tiny. Like her look, we'll have to see if the promise she showed in the showcase pays off here. Britt is obviously driving, but Havok has some decent fundamentals. Some okay looking strikes, too. Easy win for Britt, and it was clear they were giving Havok an easy start, but she didn't look bad, just nervous.

8) Vertvixen vs Abadon. Abadon looking good, her strikes have improved a lot, and she's much more flexible and athletic than she was. Didn't see much from Vertvixen here but it was a good looking squash.

The Walk Off. Ooh, Aubrey's hair looks lovely. Wow, Lee's suit is SHARP. He's got some serious Jidenna vibes going on. Avalon can walk. This whole segment was excellent. And Peter's got a mega-me in Bononi!

9) Mike Verna and Ryzin vs Proud and Powerful. Mike Verna is a mediocre Superman impersonation and nothing else. Wow, this was a fast murder, Ryzin didn't even tag in!

10) Davienne vs Tay Conti. Not sure what's going on with Davienne's ring jacket. I like -1's jeans look. Wow, Dark Order are mobbed up on the ramp. Good back and forth with Tay and Davienne, very fast. Some great hard strikes from Davienne here. This is a fun match. God, Tay's strikes are such a joy. This wasn't long, but it was fun

11) Ray Jaz vs 10. -1 on commentary was pretty good fun. 10 is a very good midcard powerhouse. Lots of really good throws and strikes, and that reverse lariat was awesome. But the match was a sideshow to -1 causing chaos. Pillman jobs to a kendo stick and wasn't even in the match.

12) Red Velvet vs Madi Wrenkowski. Exciting match from the start. Wrenkowski has some fun offense. Enjoyable match, and the oven is on.

13) Sean Maluta vs Danny Limelight. Limelight looked great here, but this was also where I started to find - 1 distracting, not enjoyable

14) Jazmin Allure vs Ivelisse. This is a bit sloppy. Not everything worked, and it felt more like Ivelisse's fault than Jazmin's. Over quickly and not that much to talk about.

15) Jake St Patrick vs Powerhouse Hobbs. God, Hobbs is such a fun bully. He's just so cheerful as he murders people. Hook just grabbing dudes for a suplex was also fantastic.

Fun show overall. Nothing that stood out especially but everything was generally good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Loved Madi again, she's going to be a star heel.

-1 is pretty good on commentary, about as good as you'd expect an 8 year old in character to be. I wish he'd not do the "ooooooooooo- OH!" thing, though.