Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The hack so far is a weird train wreck in terms of tone and content. But for as ugly as the texture work is, it does a great job communicating how hosed things are currently. Also the actual areas are interesting to look at and varied. It's been a while since I've been this torn on how I feel about a fan project.

Also the music in this area is very fitting for "abandoned death castle in the middle of a frozen hellscape."

EDIT: Update on the previous page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Who doesn't love Eleum Loyce?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm 99% sure that the music when you first got to the Lozan Castle area is the theme from The Shining, which is a pretty rad choice tbh.

E: Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nsZ8yt1KA

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 27, 2021

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Lozan Castle: The Shining - Dies Irae

C-Euro posted:

I'm 99% sure that the music when you first got to the Lozan Castle area is the theme from The Shining, which is a pretty rad choice tbh.

E: Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nsZ8yt1KA

Congratulations! Aaaaand you edited in confirmation while I was posting :v:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yeah, I was about to say: it's totally Dies Irae/The Shining theme, which seems perfectly apropos.
This mod really went way over the edge in edginess with the Goron/Moblin situation, but its area designs are really interesting and well thought out, even if OoT is bad for platforming.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the theme of this area, it's pretty neat mixing the ice level with the ghost level.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Surprisingly, we actually make some very positive comparisons to it!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Is that Wario's Castle from Super Mario Land 2 in the Death Temple Death Temple Death Temple?

Edit: Gotta say, the whole Lozan area is really well done. Spooky dilapidated ice ruins with huge amounts of nothing is a real good way to illustrate a place falling to ruin and decaying.

Geemer fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 29, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah this area has been pretty cool. The Death Temple exterior looks rad as hell. And yes that's Wario Castle you're hearing in the temple!

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Death TempleDeath TempleDeath Temple: Super Mario Land 2 - Wario's Castle (as mentioned, twice)

It's been a while since I've had a Beta Test Anecdote to talk about, here's one: the first beta build I played, the cave with a wolfos and heart piece had neither, it was just a mysterious empty cave. Spent a while fruitlessly trying to figure out what secrets it hid. Thinking about it, this anecdote isn't all that interesting, is it? Oh well.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Procrastine posted:

Death TempleDeath TempleDeath Temple: Super Mario Land 2 - Wario's Castle (as mentioned, twice)

It's been a while since I've had a Beta Test Anecdote to talk about, here's one: the first beta build I played, the cave with a wolfos and heart piece had neither, it was just a mysterious empty cave. Spent a while fruitlessly trying to figure out what secrets it hid. Thinking about it, this anecdote isn't all that interesting, is it? Oh well.

Empty rooms like that are the stuff playground rumors spring from. Or, in the modern age: creepy pastas.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

I like the theme of this area, it's pretty neat mixing the ice level with the ghost level.

Maybe it's just my Wrath of the Lich King memories talking, but "ice + undead" does seem like a pretty solid combination. And the hack does a great job of making this whole area feel bleak as hell.

Speaking of updating maps, it's filling up pretty well now if anyone's curious. Not a lot of question marks left at this point, and most of them are around the lake and canyon.

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 29, 2021

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
I laughed way too hard at Ice Cavern Jr.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Okay so I'm planning to stream tonight at the usual time of 9pm EST. This will be the first stream done in my new apartment, and my upload speed here is significantly worse than what I had at my old place. No way around it sadly. It should still be enough to stream okay considering most of the country has 10Mbps or less, but if there are any hiccups with the stream tonight it'll be because I'm getting used to the new setup.

Regardless, we'll be picking up from where the last stream ended, which is a whole stream's worth of episodes past where the LP is at right now. It's up to you if you want to catch it live and just catch up on what you missed last time as the episodes come out.

Hope to see a bunch of you there!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Getting ready to go in ~5 minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

I went to watch the stream and it seems so far ahead! Couldn’t see the previous streams so I guess I’ll have to wait for the updates.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Sorry for the radio silence everyone, a friend is visiting and I haven't had time to edit between hanging with them and work. I'll get back to an update and streaming schedule soon.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Adobe randomly decided that my creative cloud subscription was no longer valid and removed my access to their services, so until I figure out how I want to address that I can't edit videos. And I didn't have anything exported and waiting for upload either, so I won't have any new videos until that happens either. Which additionally means I'm still not going to stream because we're so far ahead of the LP's videos.

A bit discouraging, but I'm not gonna give up on the LP, don't worry.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Guess who finally got access to Premiere again. :) Videos and streams will now resume regularly. I've got a bunch of stuff to edit in the meantime! Thanks for bearing with me.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Glad to see this is still going. I was just thinking about this LP yesterday. Death Castle is probably my favorite dungeon in this game. Maybe just because of that ending bit.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I love this game and I love this temple. :allears:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Welcome back! :neckbeard:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Glad to see this has returned.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FPzero posted:

Guess who finally got access to Premiere again. :) Videos and streams will now resume regularly. I've got a bunch of stuff to edit in the meantime! Thanks for bearing with me.

What a great birthday present this is! Too bad I can't watch it until Monday :v: Glad you're back though.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That last chest. :discourse:
Glad to see this going again.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

It returns!

Beta facts: the barred door in the entrance room was accidentally placed backwards, so you could go through without hitting the switch, but you would then be locked in and have to songwarp out. I didn't even know that was possible. I wonder if there's any way of using this mechanic intentionally to create puzzles? Not sure what you could do with it that isn't weird and miserable but hey

For as rude as that thin platform room is (where the edges are sloped, you may not have noticed), there's one small mercy: since there's a kill-all-enemies chest, if you kill everything, the enemies will stay dead. That's sort of considerate?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I've been watching the Nimpize Adventure LP after finding this one. I'd almost caught up with just finishing the Temple of Strength, but I was getting worried I'd run out episodes. Really great to see that it's picking back up again!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Mods, please change my name to Ruby Goldberg Machine.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So I know I asked later in the stream/a couple of videos from now, but:

Did anyone ever figure out where the skull images come from?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Weeble posted:

So I know I asked later in the stream/a couple of videos from now, but:

Did anyone ever figure out where the skull images come from?

My initial reaction was Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple, but I haven't checked either of them. I definitely recognize the skull as well, so it's either an existing asset or some perfectly weaved shitpost

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hooray! Something to look forward to after I get off a lovely day of work!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The skulls in the Death Temple look like they’re out of a WarHammer game. They have that really gothic 40k look to them.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

The end of that room was perfection

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Glad to see this back. I remember it being a pretty productive stream. :allears:

I think that chest might've been there just as a hookshot target, to let you skip the last bit if you killed everything.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh goddammit I know those skulls and if it hadn't been made into such a big deal I'd know exactly what they're from

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The spookiest part of DEATH TEMPLE isn't even in the game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I love how these always have an ending that is just perfect in every way :allears:

I heard that sound and instantly new what was going to happen and just grinned ear to ear

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I appreciate this game's rube goldberg puzzle sensibility almost as much as the ending.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Capfalcon posted:

I appreciate this game's rube goldberg puzzle sensibility almost as much as the ending.

FP getting owned by spitefully placed ice chests will never not be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I almost want to re-watch Nimpize for that alone.

Gotta get my ice chest fix.