Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Gaz-L posted:

Ah yes, small businesses like... McDonalds... with only thirty-eight thousand locations. How could they ever afford a real minimum wage? Hell, Washington state already HAS a $15 minimum. Shouldn't she have at least made up a mom n pop burger joint so the fact that the actual concern is for the bottom line of twenty billion dollar companies isn't as transparent?

Her faux concern is because she owns a breastaurant where the waitresses carry loaded firearms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
You should listen to Between The Sheets. But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1353585557771845632

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

You should listen to Between The Sheets. But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

I genuinely enjoy the early 2000's shows. I was a bit burned out by all the Monday Night... stuff at that point so it's a blind spot.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Man, I guess I haven't watched a Warrior math since I was a kid, and I did root for Hogan at WMVI, but Craig and Vinny are like "...why?" when Bryan is discussing being a huge Warrior fan as a kid.

Wasn't every kid a Warrior fan at that time? He had that psycho charisma like Sid.

Also the fact Bryan's sister sent get well letters to Hogan after Earthquake squashed him is incredibly endearing. That's the power of wrestling right there and why it is timeless and good.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
The Hogan music video that aired coming out of the Earthquake angle is one of the most brilliant WWE productions of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvhCqKQBU0

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

The Hogan music video that aired coming out of the Earthquake angle is one of the most brilliant WWE productions of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvhCqKQBU0

Oh my gosh. 'Real American' but a requiem. Jim Johnston, you've done it again!

Unrelated I really did not appreciate Quake at the time but I'm glad I do now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mob posted:

Her faux concern is because she owns a breastaurant where the waitresses carry loaded firearms

I mean, I'd pay those ladies a decent wage then if they're packing heat. :v:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Unrelated I really did not appreciate Quake at the time but I'm glad I do now.

Same here. A really underrated talent.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This rap goes out to the most entertaining personality at F 4 dubya

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMNuehE_Xfs

G-raf is the best investment the site ever made.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/realscottyriggs/status/1353983203363663873

https://twitter.com/realscottyriggs/status/1353985293595140096

SCOTTY RIGGS OUT OF NOWHERE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NikkolasKing posted:

Man, I guess I haven't watched a Warrior math since I was a kid
How does that add up to Scott Steiner's

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

How does that add up to Scott Steiner's

The letters count up to trouble for Ho Kogan at Wrestlemania!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I honestly thought RIGGS was dead.

I'm glad he's not!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1353818117990920196

I am a bad person for wanting to hear Bach bury Jericho.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I had to laugh this morning when I heard Dave talking about how things could go for WWE and AEW respectively between now and when their tv deals are up.

“AEW could go down, AEW could go up, WWE could go down, who knows.”

This isn’t quite the exact quote and I don’t think he even meant it as a pointed comment, but it was pretty funny.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan says "Chris Benoit killed his family" in the first 5 minutes of WOR and I laughed and then felt real bad.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Seams posted:

Bryan says "Chris Benoit killed his family" in the first 5 minutes of WOR and I laughed and then felt real bad.

He'd react the same way today if Vinny asked him to talk about Raw.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I had to look up the raw main event out of morbid curiosity after listening today and holy loving lol what an absolute shitshow

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I love that Riggs thinks NBC is going to have a say on how WWE is run. WWE would just triple down just to spite them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

I love that Riggs thinks NBC is going to have a say on how WWE is run. WWE would just triple down just to spite them.

scotty doesnt have the best depth perception

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I have been unable to source a Sick Boy hot take

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DebbieMalenko/status/1354508498621480960?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think it was on the B&V Show, Bryan had a line that just killed me: "I'm not sure but I think Randy Orton is the Raw Women's Champion now...?"

Hell yeah Debbie and hell yeah that shirt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God Dave's initial frustration turning to fascination about the potential for dog fans at wrestling shows :vince:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God Dave's initial frustration turning to fascination about the potential for dog fans at wrestling shows :vince:

Howling dogs as fans is the future.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Will venues start serving spaghetti??

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jerusalem posted:

I literally came to post this exact thing , the only time I’ve ever been in this thread. Between that and Dave flexing about his wife, it’s maybe the funniest episode I’ve ever heard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Between that and Dave flexing about his wife, it’s maybe the funniest episode I’ve ever heard.

Oh God, that was also great, and immediately made me think about the people who seem convinced Dave secretly got divorced or something :xd:

Bryan demanding to know what Dave did with his fake money was also great.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 28, 2021

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Mods change my name to either Dave Meltzer’s Hot Wife or Dave Meltzer’s Lacrosse Wife dealer’s choice.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Speaking of funny, I'm basic enough that the unnecessary censorship contests are great to me.

When Granny got into it, it was wonderful.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Incredible content on WOR this morning, between net worth, dog fans and accurate wives, Dave burying Bryan’s workrate with Jungle Boy can’t be overlooked.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave was so proud of his fake wife's lacrosse record

"Other people in my family did not find that nearly as cool as I thought it was"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The new AEW Unrestricted with Amanda Huber is a tough listen but it’s very very good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

The new AEW Unrestricted with Amanda Huber is a tough listen but it’s very very good.

I could absolutely hear the Orange Cassidy line in that story in his voice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I had tears in my eyes for half of this episode. Really worth listening to if you don't normally listen to Unrestricted but have any questions about Brodie's death or how his family is doing or doubts about how the family is being used on TV.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Unrestricted is great but super sad. Starting crying when she told the story about calling friends to help break the news to Brodie Jr.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Unrestricted is great but super sad. Starting crying when she told the story about calling friends to help break the news to Brodie Jr.

Yeah this was the exact part where I had to fight back tears while walking my dog. I have a ton of respect for Cody and Big E. And the HR person for that matter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I don't think I have the mental endurance for it, honestly. I'm a widow and it is, hands down, the worst pain.

I also feel like an attention seeker for bringing it up, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't think I have the mental endurance for it, honestly. I'm a widow and it is, hands down, the worst pain.

I also feel like an attention seeker for bringing it up, I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
:sympathy: