Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Thanks, I'll check those out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Let's Game it Out started streaming recently and he has a very appropriate channel point reward:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god I forgot about this particular clip, maybe one of my favorite short video clips on the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUR6u8nHoM&t=238s'

skate 3 is a hilariously broken game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Also, is everyone from the Young Turks a morally bankrupt grifter? There's Dore, Dave Ruben, and even Cenk himself who refuses to let his staff unionize and dabbles in Armenian genocide denialism.

Ben Mankiewicz is good, mainly because he got the gently caress away from TYT as fast he could and now works for Turner Classic Movies as their main programming host.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

nine-gear crow posted:

Ben Mankiewicz is good, mainly because he got the gently caress away from TYT as fast he could and now works for Turner Classic Movies as their main programming host.

god i wish that were me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvimrxnlCs
Paw Dugan returned to play some Kings Quest V

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Jamie Faith posted:

Also, is everyone from the Young Turks a morally bankrupt grifter? There's Dore, Dave Ruben, and even Cenk himself who refuses to let his staff unionize and dabbles in Armenian genocide denialism.

I mean, they're called The Young Turks. What a loving evil reference.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah lmao can anyone honestly say they didn't see Armenian Genocide denialism coming from a founder of a group called The Young Turks

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

eh nah

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I suppose they could just be massive Rod Stewart fans

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Alaois posted:

yeah lmao can anyone honestly say they didn't see Armenian Genocide denialism coming from a founder of a group called The Young Turks
Not everyone knows the thing that is referring to. I never gave it a second thought before this thread brought it up.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dias posted:

Is there anything wrong with the dude from Let's Game it Out because those are prime "let's destroy this sim game" videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCuz0pqBKb0&hd=1

Yeah, he’s a giraffe-torturing psychopath.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sankara posted:

Shinraaaaa! :argh:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Sankara posted:

Edit: sloppy citation

What's evil about it?

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 27, 2021

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

1.4.2 1915-1918: Armenian Genocide

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SimonChris posted:

What's evil about it?

in the future when you have to go to wikipedia to form an opinion on something i'd recommend reading the entire page

if you're feeling punchy you can even click on some of the sources!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

1.4.2 1915-1918: Armenian Genocide

Thanks. I missed that part.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Dore isn't a grifter, he's a dumbass. He's not smart enough to be a grifter.

Lol, CSPAM doesn't give a poo poo about Dore, it's dumb D&D rear end in a top hat who keep bringing him up because they don't actually have any argument against stuff like FTV. They just want an excuse for why people will keep dying and the democrats will do nothing to help them.

grifters are almost universally dumbasses

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

SimonChris posted:

What's evil about it?
That positive connotation only applies maybe in Turkey and everywhere else it's just the name of the political party that forced Turkey into WW1 and performed a genocide. Same way some ultra-white people might consider crusade a positive word.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
I can't understand why people get so upset about my Etruscan appreciation social club being called The Fascist Party.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ariong posted:

Yeah, he’s a giraffe-torturing psychopath.

Nevermind the endless cruelty he inflicts on poor Grace :colbert:

(It's a running joke; Any time there's an NPC named Grace that turns up, they're just the default victim of gameplay shenanigans)

Seriously though, Josh seems to be pretty decent considering in the About section of his Twitch streaming page there's this;

quote:

• Be nice.
• No sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, or any hate speech.
• Seriously, just be nice.
• Don't create drama.
• Be good to the moderators.
• WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BEING NICE

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

That positive connotation only applies maybe in Turkey and everywhere else it's just the name of the political party that forced Turkey into WW1 and performed a genocide. Same way some ultra-white people might consider crusade a positive word.

ive heard it used that way before but its very much pol sci jargon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That Wikipedia description is quite selective, given that it's the only one of six definitions on the source page that doesn't include the words "nationalist", "insurgent", or "aggressively".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
thankfully wikipedia is the free online encyclopedia that anyone can edit so you can go fix that

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:ssh:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol, CSPAM doesn't give a poo poo about Dore, it's dumb D&D rear end in a top hat who keep bringing him up because they don't actually have any argument against stuff like FTV. They just want an excuse for why people will keep dying and the democrats will do nothing to help them.

Look, if they wanted dems to help them they should've done more endless, nebulous organizing instead of trying to pressure politicians to do stuff. But not too aggressively, or too loudly, or where people can see or hear, or impolitely or

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

If you like speedrun content from good people, check out Bismuth and Lowest Percent.

I'll check them out, ty

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"Young Turks" has become a generic term but if you're people of Turkish descent who deny the genocide maybe choose a different name. Feel like the people that'd know about the actual party would know the generic usage as well (and the latter is probably more widely known).

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Groovelord Neato posted:

"Young Turks" has become a generic term but if you're people of Turkish descent who deny the genocide maybe choose a different name. Feel like the people that'd know about the actual party would know the generic usage as well (and the latter is probably more widely known).

Think I'd rather they just didn't deny the genocide.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
What is their general opinion on Erdogan and the current political situation in Turkey?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BizarroAzrael posted:

Think I'd rather they just didn't deny the genocide.

That goes without saying but Cenk had already done it long before they made the show.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

Hasan Piker is kind of the obvious answer. Can't think of anything particularly bad he's done off the top of my head.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Terrible Opinions posted:

Hasan is the only one I have heard anyone actualyl like.

RIP Michael Brooks

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Hasan Piker is kind of the obvious answer. Can't think of anything particularly bad he's done off the top of my head.

From the internet rumblings I've heard against him is that he doesn't pay his editors and he had this weird misogynist when he said that Destiny's gf/wife only regurgitates Destiny's opinions instead of thinking for herself and that one time he called a female cnn reporter a oval office. And he said that the US deserved 9/11, which led to some backlash and him having to reverse his position on that.

I have close to 0 overlap with Hasans part of the internet, but those were the things that managed to reach me. No clue how accurate/true they are.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Alaois posted:

I suppose they could just be massive Rod Stewart fans

As a Rod Stewart fan, I appreciate the reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ41hqlV0Kk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Archer666 posted:

From the internet rumblings I've heard against him is that he doesn't pay his editors and he had this weird misogynist when he said that Destiny's gf/wife only regurgitates Destiny's opinions instead of thinking for herself and that one time he called a female cnn reporter a oval office. And he said that the US deserved 9/11, which led to some backlash and him having to reverse his position on that.

I have close to 0 overlap with Hasans part of the internet, but those were the things that managed to reach me. No clue how accurate/true they are.

Hasan is a dumbass (years back I remember someone describing him as "morally lucky") like every other popular political online commentator - left, center, or right. What he meant by the "America deserves 9/11" was correct but all these guys are so bad at articulating their thoughts they blurt out some stupid poo poo they have to explain later.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Dore isn't a grifter, he's a dumbass. He's not smart enough to be a grifter.

Ok this is a lie CSPAM does definitely have a contingent that are all in on the Dote greenways type culture warriors. Especially if it gives them a chance to cancel someone.

They aren’t the majority but they exist and you can’t blame all your problems on DD

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Thanks, I'll check those out.

You could also try Rimmy Down Under's Fustercluck videos. He does a fair amount of streaming but occasionally he comes across a game that is downright broken and has to record his bewilderment

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Peter Coffin really gets on my nerves because they love to play leftier-than-thou games, but as far as I know they don't actually engage in any leftist/progressive activities outside of producing Content. I feel like if you call other people "breadlets" and don't at least work at a soup kitchen or something you're a massive hypocrite.

Hasan Piker is easily the best Rudeboy Leftist, by which I mean people who convert right-wingers by using rhetorical tactics and attitudes that right-wingers respond to. If it's true that he doesn't pay his editors then that really sucks. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I think it's more he's hot that does it.

But yeah Coffin sucks and is one of those babies that reflexively blocks anyone calling out his bad takes.