Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

kicks forts posted:

What about corporate bean dad he was whining bout something earlier

I think he got axed for being too much of a loon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

shyduck posted:

Rich Crackdad Poor Crackdad

lmao

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

shyduck posted:

Rich Crackdad Poor Crackdad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

imagine all the facebook grampas and grandmas nodding along to this lol

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

skaboomizzy posted:

WallStreetBets is talking about pumping AMC (yes, the movie theaters) and it closed at $4.96 (+12.22% on the day) and is at $8.23 after-hours

this is so dumb and hilarious

I'm no stonk genius but it seems like the obvious play is to let this go on for a while and then short (or buy puts, if possible) once it's at a suitably insane valuation, because these things cannot go on forever

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

lol this was a great show but I never saw this news clip about it

https://twitter.com/House_Feminist/status/1354224091750821889

My favorite part is the "I didn't know you were a metrosexual!" response to Toms Deodorant, two bottles of Clinique men's facial lotion, and a bottle of aftershave. For gently caress's sake the bar is low for men's skincare, huh?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Zulus?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

WallStreetBets is talking about pumping AMC (yes, the movie theaters) and it closed at $4.96 (+12.22% on the day) and is at $8.23 after-hours

i bought in at $4.76 lmao

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1354262926987767808
RIP

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

lol just watch tucker through all of this

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

why didn't this poo poo happen five years ago?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

loving idiot

being high in a crowd like that just ruins the e whole high

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

cumshitter posted:

i bought in at $4.76 lmao

you're smart, so why wouldn't you short at some insane price, or buy puts (if there is an option chain)? serious question

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
trungo

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

you're smart, so why wouldn't you short at some insane price, or buy puts (if there is an option chain)? serious question

i dont mess with options and dont know much about them beyond textbook stuff

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Yep. Best Pixies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAQQvf5qYo

I would of posted Allison but it's barely a minute long.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
devoting yourself to monopoly money and not even understanding all the rules

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn

emfive posted:

I'm no stonk genius but it seems like the obvious play is to let this go on for a while and then short (or buy puts, if possible) once it's at a suitably insane valuation, because these things cannot go on forever

predicting the top accurately enough to short without getting owned by margin calls is a challenge and that instinct to short into pumps is part of how they get so much momentum. people make this mistake in cryptos all the time and get owned. longer time frame puts might work but the breakeven price is probably going to be stilted so much that even there you dont get much advantage.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

cumshitter posted:

i dont mess with options and dont know much about them beyond textbook stuff

yea all that hedging strategy stuff just says to me "commercial software package that you pay a poo poo-ton of money for"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol, never seen gaetz without his trump tan and hair dye before

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers

emfive posted:

I bought a couple of new pillows but they were not from My Pillow :angel:

Mike Mindel doesn't want you to know this but you can make your own MyPillow by shredding your old ones and microwaving them full power.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1354273528321773568

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

new kind of cat posted:

loving idiot

not at a waka flocka show

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Apraxin posted:

bobble head mother fucker

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hammy posted:

predicting the top accurately enough to short without getting owned by margin calls is a challenge and that instinct to short into pumps is part of how they get so much momentum. people make this mistake in cryptos all the time and get owned. longer time frame puts might work but the breakeven price is probably going to be stilted so much that even there you dont get much advantage.

well puts have a lower max downside, but yea I get that. However in these kinds of anomalies, like, AMC stock is very very unlikely to be inflated for a long period of time, all these day-trader bozos are going to start cashing out really soon.

hungry for crepes n shit
Aug 17, 2005

gently caress

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Apraxin posted:

that's Tim Heideker lmao

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

new kind of cat posted:

loving idiot

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i'm poor and dont understand the stock market, please tell me what to buy a couple shares of so I can afford a playstation next week

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

skaboomizzy posted:

should i buy some dogecoin>?

i want to get rich and do drugs all day

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
i don't have enough in my eTrade account to mess around with day-trading or playing this bullshit

it's really fuckin funny though

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

GrimGypsy posted:

i'm poor and dont understand the stock market, please tell me what to buy a couple shares of so I can afford a playstation next week

Crime Inc.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn

emfive posted:

well puts have a lower max downside, but yea I get that. However in these kinds of anomalies, like, AMC stock is very very unlikely to be inflated for a long period of time, all these day-trader bozos are going to start cashing out really soon.

yea when mccaffee was twitter pumping crypto coins you saw this same phenomenon, early on when his pumps were working you'd see people trying to short and getting owned as they somehow went up 10-20x but as he kept pumping different ones each pump was weaker and shorter, and people were able to time their sells better and better until the trend sort of died. I expect the same thing will happen to wsb pumps absent regulatory action. when the trend is new/fresh you're better off just going with the pump and then when the trend starts to run out of gas you can short into it more easily.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

invest in this Crowbar IPO

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6pSiQp4-0

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

love tim pillow

great guy

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

GrimGypsy posted:

buy high sell low

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

where are you getting a playstation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

this big biker he came up to me he was crying this big tough guy tears streaming down his face he said sir mr presidet sir you have to help us mr tup sir we need more pillows we're dying sir