Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BonHair posted:

Not really gonna argue we do it, but maybe start with not breeding more of them unless you actually need them for seeing eye dogs? Just let the remainder live out their lives, but without balls.

Of course, that would eliminate the puppy mill industry, which would be Bad For The Economy™.

ah yes Big Puppy Mill pulling the levers of power to make people want companionship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

The hedge funds shorting gamestop are doing naked shorts which are slightly different, a lot more risky, don't require you to back it with an actual stock, and have also been illegal since 2009 but nobody gives a poo poo about enforcing that since everybody still does it and usually it makes a lot of money

Super cool that our government is going to allow the same 2008 behaviors to continue because it makes the rich richer.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Not really gonna argue we do it, but maybe start with not breeding more of them unless you actually need them for seeing eye dogs? Just let the remainder live out their lives, but without balls.

Of course, that would eliminate the puppy mill industry, which would be Bad For The Economy™.

I mean yeah I think most people in this thread would agree that dog breeders are the worst, weirdest people and that you should only get shelter dogs.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BonHair posted:

So big brained woke you want to eliminate people finding happiness in caring for a pet.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Why yes I would like to pay $5000 for this dog with 5 different genetic disorders and a spine that doesn't work, this is totally normal and good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dr Pepper posted:

So big brained woke you want to eliminate people finding happiness in caring for a pet.

no no, they want to eliminate pets finding happiness in being cared for. if an animal doesn’t do a job it isn’t worthy of life, I’m big brained leftist

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shame Boy posted:

Why yes I would like to pay $5000 for this dog with 5 different genetic disorders and a spine that doesn't work, this is totally normal and good

That's not what he said. He said that people should only have dogs for if you need one for work or disabilities.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

That's not what he said. He said that people should only have dogs for if you need one for work or disabilities.

He said "not breeding more of them" unless you need one for work or disabilities, which yeah, sure. Admittedly I'm interpreting it in the most generous way possible but like c'mon it's not even noon yet here I don't need a dumb internet fight already.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I don't really care, just pretending to be a vegan extremist for dumb reasons. I don't really care, except i hate having to teach my three year old not to pick up dog poo poo because apparently it's acceptable to just leave it in the street. I don't really see the joy in dogs, but I can accept that other people feel differently.

I was also referencing the recent 3 billion dollar compensation for Danish mink farmers, who were told to cull their populations to avoid a new resistant strain of covid: https://www.ft.com/content/624f65b5-cd3e-45a1-b7f4-eeacff4f74fd

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

yeah it was naked shorts, which is 100% just gambling while not actually doing anything of note to the stock. you just say at point X you're gonna deliver this much stock back. Which means that you might have all the money in the world to buy the stock you need but if nobody's willing/capable of selling (say, if more stock is earmarked than actually exists), you're doomed to fail to deliver.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Norton posted:

"We are pleased to have the opportunity to invest additional capital.”

i hate these people

Will he thank people who break his windows?

It’s an investment opportunity in double glazing!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shame Boy posted:

He said "not breeding more of them" unless you need one for work or disabilities, which yeah, sure. Admittedly I'm interpreting it in the most generous way possible but like c'mon it's not even noon yet here I don't need a dumb internet fight already.

If dogs are outlawed, only cops will have dogs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

It's ok because we all know the people who feed their pets wet food as anything more than a treat are terrible pet owners anyway.

lol that you assume the dry pet food for insecure men isn't covered by the same brand.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The_Franz posted:

the one guy i know who had a hummer h2 ran over and killed his 5 year old son while pulling into the driveway because he couldn't see him

Jesus fuckin Christ

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1354177452994666504

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Where does that random Bitcoiner get that information from?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How!
Oct 29, 2009

BonHair posted:

suck my dog loving dick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Paineframe posted:

your gimmick is getting p boring lately

I know that when you become a something awful moderator, they zap your brain and permanently damage it such that you are blind to subtext and other forms of non-literal communication. However I have never made an ironic post in this forum, and they're all my actual, real opinions. Shut up idiot.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Now would actually be a great time to short GameStop lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

Somebody tell that hedge fund

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
this is legit the only good thing the stock market has done

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Looking forward to it raining men in Manhattan :getin:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/andyjayhawk/status/1316038292769566723

jesus loving christ lmao. i remember making jokes about suburban assault vehicles like 15 years ago

i just picked my kid up from preschool and some dipshit rolled up in some dodge monstrosity

the top of the hood was about as tall as my honda fit. i couldn't help envision how utterly both me and my daughter would be annihilated if we got t-boned by some limp dick moron driving one of these fuckers

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Food Boner posted:

i just picked my kid up from preschool and some dipshit rolled up in some dodge monstrosity

the top of the hood was about as tall as my honda fit. i couldn't help envision how utterly both me and my daughter would be annihilated if we got t-boned by some limp dick moron driving one of these fuckers

i remeber one of my wifes friends from high school when her chud husband got her a Nissan Armada. A giant car for a 105 pound woman with no kids at the time.

She has one kid now so I guess its big enough to get him to and from soccer pratice

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Weak womanly dog food (for dogs under 5kg)

Strong manly dog food (for dogs under 5kg)

As a bonus the manly one will probably give your dog heart disease.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

When I was a young teen twenty years ago the family was looking to get a new car that would probably end up mine in six or eight years. We had a realistic assessment of statistics and figured I might bend it or get hit. One of the major considerations was that it be big enough that it wouldn't get outright destroyed by anything short of a semi since this was the middle of the big SUV craze. It ended up being a small SUV. I didn't need it, the worst that happened was a couple of parking lot bumps (I got one, I gave one). If I was the type to have kids and was thinking about a car to pass down to them in turn I'd have similar considerations in mind today.

American vehicle culture is hosed up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Any of that high protein poo poo everyone loved to feed their dogs because commercials told them to will do that.

I ran dog food questions by my veterinarian cousin years ago. She suggested Purina Pro-Plan or Beneful, because even though Purina is a big capitalistic devil, they don't make a habit out of killing pets like some of the companies that have sprung up in the past decade, whether with heart disease or aflatoxin.

Healthy poops, will buy again.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Any of that high protein poo poo everyone loved to feed their dogs because commercials told them to will do that.

I ran dog food questions by my veterinarian cousin years ago. She suggested Purina Pro-Plan or Beneful, because even though Purina is a big capitalistic devil, they don't make a habit out of killing pets like some of the companies that have sprung up in the past decade, whether with heart disease or aflatoxin.

Healthy poops, will buy again.

More specifically the grain free but yeah. Also you are unfortunately correct that your best bet is any of the big pet food producers. Probably because they actually hire veterinary nutritionists.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The Crave brand is from Mars which is one of the big ones.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao of course

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Yeah, well that's capitalism baby

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

The Kroger Co. is recalling select pet food packages from stores in 19 states fearing some of these products may contain aflatoxin, a toxic chemical byproduct that could be harmful to animals.

The recall involves certain bags of Pet Pride Cat Food, Pet Pride Kitten Food, Old Yeller Chunk Dog Food, Kroger Value Cat Food and Kroger Value Chunk Food, the company said Saturday.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/andyjayhawk/status/1316038292769566723

jesus loving christ lmao. i remember making jokes about suburban assault vehicles like 15 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

taqueso posted:

The Crave brand is from Mars which is one of the big ones.

Ah yes, let a chocolate manufacturer make food for animals that can't eat chocolate. It's brilliant!

Rabbi Tupac posted:

More specifically the grain free but yeah. Also you are unfortunately correct that your best bet is any of the big pet food producers. Probably because they actually hire veterinary nutritionists.

That's pretty much the explanation I was given. Great satan multi-national conglomerate or not, Purina keeps my pets happy and full and produces much better poops than any "grain free" bullshit like Blue Buffalo.

Not to say high protein diets don't have their place in the dog world, but if Fluffy is just hanging out inside all day and might run 6 laps around the yard a few times, then you're just feeding your dog diarrhea food.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ah yes, let a chocolate manufacturer make food for animals that can't eat chocolate. It's brilliant!

That's pretty much the explanation I was given. Great satan multi-national conglomerate or not, Purina keeps my pets happy and full and produces much better poops than any "grain free" bullshit like Blue Buffalo.

Not to say high protein diets don't have their place in the dog world, but if Fluffy is just hanging out inside all day and might run 6 laps around the yard a few times, then you're just feeding your dog diarrhea food.

also, grain free dog food has a chance of just silently destroying your dog's heart

happened to mine :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Complications posted:

When I was a young teen twenty years ago the family was looking to get a new car that would probably end up mine in six or eight years. We had a realistic assessment of statistics and figured I might bend it or get hit. One of the major considerations was that it be big enough that it wouldn't get outright destroyed by anything short of a semi since this was the middle of the big SUV craze. It ended up being a small SUV. I didn't need it, the worst that happened was a couple of parking lot bumps (I got one, I gave one). If I was the type to have kids and was thinking about a car to pass down to them in turn I'd have similar considerations in mind today.

American vehicle culture is hosed up.

SUVs are not safer than sedans though. It feels like they should be safer because they are bigger, but it's the same tinfoil and fiberglass over a steel cage as normal cars. However, having a much higher center of balance does make them more prone flipping over. And cost more in gas.

Get your future children a toyota corolla. Do they still make those? Or whatever the future equivalent is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ they still make Corrolas. Kia/hynudai is the cheap, reliable thing now.

Main Paineframe posted:

also, grain free dog food has a chance of just silently destroying your dog's heart

happened to mine :(

Yeah, heart disease is taking on the dog world by storm.

I'd love to see the people who pushed grain free into the limelight swing from the lightpoles in their wealthy neighborhoods for what they've done. But that's about as likely as seeing Jenny McCarthy being thrown into a volcano as a sacrifice to the vaccine gods.

Sorry for your loss, we don't deserve dogs.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Jan 27, 2021