Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varinn posted:

screaming at my virtual coworkers in job simulator for voting from my million dollar brownstone

gently caress I wish I had one of those. lmao. get real.

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Did you fuckin' dorks not play Dawn of War growing up or something. Who gives a gently caress about the rot of Nurgle in the skull of some braindead billionaire TERF. Wasting 90 minutes imaging empathy for your class enemy, when you could have been trying to understand the struggles of your historical predecessors? Shameful. Pathetic. Embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU4e50fERiY
At the darkest hours of the Soviet Union, Stalin sent women up in bi-planes in the dark of night to cut their engines mid-flight and dive-bomb the fascists behind enemy lines. And instead you're wasting your precious time before an apocalyptic climate collapse trying to wrap your mind around the smooth jelly of a bigoted class enemy who has never even attempted to sit behind the controls of a canvas & wood attack craft to defend their nation from fascists? Blegh. Gross. Ugh. :sad:

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 08:27 on Jan 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Taintrunner posted:

So what was your excuse voting for this white nationalist shithead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgOBL5KCI8

Needed a few million more dead Muslims to satiate your bloodlust?

Yea

I didnt watch the video though which racist rapist warhawk politician are we talking about

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trump thread is not sending their best again.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Flying games are also universally very boring :hehe:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Did you fuckin' dorks not play Dawn of War growing up or something. Who gives a gently caress about the rot of Nurgle in the skull of some braindead billionaire TERF. Wasting 90 minutes imaging empathy for your class enemy, when you could have been trying to understand the struggles of your historical predecessors? Shameful. Pathetic. Embarrassing.

At the darkest hours of the Soviet Union, Stalin sent women up in bi-planes in the dark of night to cut their engines mid-flight and dive-bomb the fascists behind enemy lines. And instead you're wasting your precious time before an apocalyptic climate collapse trying to wrap your mind around the smooth jelly of a bigoted class enemy who has never even attempted to sit behind the controls of a canvas & wood attack craft to defend their nation from fascists? Blegh. Gross. Ugh. :sad:

i go to work every day instead and have people cough on me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

wrong

war thunder is the only good one

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Farm Frenzy posted:

nobody is jealous of the rift S dude. buy an index or stfu

Reverb is where it's at for flying/driving

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i just got a reverb g2 and been playing squadrons with it, it's pretty baller

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Kunster posted:

With an included "Being against zionism = Being Against Jewish people" bit in the middle

she didn't say that people railing against zionism were antisemitic, she said people railing against ZOG were antisemitic

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I had to think a bit about that and it's one of those things where I earnestly don't know if it's indeed antisemitic or just antizionist. Like, would ZOG apply to let's say, forcing states to sign a pledge to ban BDS efforts just to get emergency funding.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kunster posted:

I had to think a bit about that and it's one of those things where I earnestly don't know if it's indeed antisemitic or just antizionist. Like, would ZOG apply to let's say, forcing states to sign a pledge to ban BDS efforts just to get emergency funding.

zog is literally an antisemitic conspiracy theory started by fascists. it's one of the key plot points in the turner diaries

anti-bds poo poo is just run of the mill imperialism

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Embarrassing

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kunster posted:

no its exclusively a term used by nazis for nazi poo poo

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

zog is literally an antisemitic conspiracy theory started by fascists. it's one of the key plot points in the turner diaries

anti-bds poo poo is just run of the mill imperialism

I earnestly did not know this and it has been ages since I've bumbled into that actual term.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I know there's a tendency for people to make up things that didn't actually happen and get mad at it just because it came from someone they already didn't like, and I also know that I was probably doing that, despite my attempt to make it clear exactly what it was I saw and heard and where I stopped listening and why.

So thank you for making the effort to post this.

Like, both are true! She does start going into cancel culture nonsense but nearly all of the video is indeed an earnest approach on Rowling, the TERF ideology and ways and where she happened to bumble into (Which is indeed good! Farm Frenzy and others who did appreciate the video are right in pointing that the video isn't about Cancel Culture)... and then at the end she does go back into that stuff for a bit.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

saw the video and the entire thing was to make a point about the inefficacy of Rowling's appeal to sympathy based on her present and active behavior

the bit about cancel culture, though groanworthy, was to hammer in the point that it does not legitimize lovely behavior, nor does it lend credence to lovely ideology

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Victory Position posted:

saw the video and the entire thing was to make a point about the inefficacy of Rowling's appeal to sympathy based on her present and active behavior

the bit about cancel culture, though groanworthy, was to hammer in the point that it does not legitimize lovely behavior, nor does it lend credence to lovely ideology

yeah the video was fine but an hour too long

its just this book in "video essay" form tbh

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Atrocious Joe posted:

I refuse to watch youtube videos longer than an hour, unless they are about The Vampire Diaries or 19th century artillery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbXyAzGtIX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEFjl0buiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgIJEWv7Hdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXWMk1kuVIg

try this dude

Goast has issued a correction as of 13:38 on Jan 27, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Equeen posted:

yeah its a long-rear end video, but Contra does use JK's transphobia to deep dive into the demented ideology of the terf, which i found interesting as a cisperson :shrug:

Agreed, I understand that contrapoints is not universally popular, but a lot of what the videos offer for me is stuff that is probably too obvious to even be noticed by people actually (negatively) affected by the norms and prejudices treated. I can often also tell in retrospect that it is obvious stuff, but being immersed in a world full of norms built to suit people like me clearly makes me pretty stupid. Which also means that I appreciate getting things explained to me pretty slowly.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Some people are very angry that the canceling did not take, which is why other people post her stuff to troll. It should not be so difficult to just ignore the lib poo poo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
when the person screaming about contrapoints is taintrunner, you can be sure contrapoints is pretty cool

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Kneel before ZOG

E: ah poo poo this isn't the username thread

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
MEESTER KENNEDY

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Taintrunner posted:

you wasted 90 minutes trying to get inside the head of a worthless billionaire terf while I was experiencing the challenges of WW1 biplanes with my HOTAS VR setup. the technical struggles of working class champions in the face of oblivion versus the braindead delusions of a billionaire class dipshit. hmm. talk about a self-own, jackass.

Big PMC energy here.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol at anyone watching 90 minute youtube videos instead of using their 1500 dollar vr set to practice their HK/FAL slap reload

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

lol at anyone watching 90 minute youtube videos instead of using their 1500 dollar vr set to practice their HK/FAL slap reload run SEAD missions against the Feds trying to suppress Cascadian independence

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Are WW1 videogames still praxis if you listen to a long video while playing them?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

circling back to podcasts, recent revolutions episodes mentioned the voyage of the damned, where russia sent a fleet from Baltic to more or less Korea’s during the russo-japanese war. Duncan recommended this YouTube video for a deep dive and boy howdy is it a trip:

https://youtu.be/9Mdi_Fh9_Ag

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Varinn posted:

i go to work every day instead and have people cough on me

weird that this doesn't illicit a response

maybe taintrunner is just busy Doing The Work...?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
soothing my class guilt by angrily posting about how absolutely everyone else is impure, in between fantasy pilot sessions on my $1500 VR gaming rig

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wolfsheim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ey_q1QziMU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

scary ghost dog posted:

when the person screaming about contrapoints is taintrunner, you can be sure contrapoints is pretty cool

taintrunner is fine for a poster contrapoints is fine for a lib

there, argument over go listen to some boring military history dad poo poo or something its a better use of your time

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw3wlU3eYsc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Goast posted:

taintrunner is fine for a poster contrapoints is fine for a lib

there, argument over go listen to some boring military history dad poo poo or something its a better use of your time

taintrunner is a bottom 5 poster on this website

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

scary ghost dog posted:

taintrunner is a bottom 5 poster on this website

no, you

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ6Tzij-Pbs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Goast posted:

no, you

good poo poo

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

just getting into the jakarta method finally. added it to my list after listening to vincent bevins' interview on chapo last year. glad to be filling in a big gap in my knowledge- u.s. meddling in southeast asia after wwii. it's a recommend from me.

the cia are pretty bad, you guys!

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Hooplah posted:

just getting into the jakarta method finally. added it to my list after listening to vincent bevins' interview on chapo last year. glad to be filling in a big gap in my knowledge- u.s. meddling in southeast asia after wwii. it's a recommend from me.

the cia are pretty bad, you guys!

https://www.powells.com/book/jakarta-method-washingtons-anti-communist-crusade-the-mass-murder-program-that-shaped-our-world-9781541742406

or go find a :filez: ebook

its more interesting than any video essay you will ever "watch"

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

stop projecting your bad posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Do a barrel roll onto this dilznik

Unrelated but I did listen to the true anon norman finkelstein interview after everyone talked it up and it was extremely good

The part about his parents considering any criticism of stalin as a betrayal owned