Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Omnicarus posted:

So there's another tab on this trading app that is called Forex is that something worth looking into?

lmao

Forex is currency trading and probably isn't worth it unless you get really into the entrail-reading of technical analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

stocks is easy, every day you just triple your current money idk how these hedge fund guys hosed this up

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

can i short sell brexit

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

The Alpha Centauri posted:

:wtc: how is that allowed

Twitter, but for stocks.

Braggins
May 21, 2020

No, it's Braggins, not... dammit
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1354487021302149126

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Senator Mcmurder posted:

Bought BB on Friday, just sold now for 10$ more per share. Made over 1000$ in profit for clicking a button twice, all in a tax free account. How is the economy even real? It's getting very hard to go back to pretending to do my real job after that. :crackping:

Don't daytrade with your retirement accounts

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
so if NOK doesn't make me money tat means I can put it down and render it into glue right

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

you can day trade in your roth or 401k rollover account hth

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

stocks is easy, every day you just triple your current money idk how these hedge fund guys hosed this up

this is a case where hedge fund managers do, in fact, hate this one weird trick!!!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

A couple of fun images, for context:

Did I forget anything?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Warmachine posted:

The problem with the tweet is that the mere threat of action scares people off. Markets run on perception not reality.

It's scaring off people that have no idea how the trading market works and is due diligence on their part so if something really fishy happens they announced beforehand.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

spacemang_spliff posted:

so if NOK doesn't make me money tat means I can put it down and render it into glue right

You can write up to $3k in losses off if you're in the USA

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

can i short sell brexit

too late but this is what probably 90% of the Tory leadership was doing yes, and they made a killing though I think it was currency stuff

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This is just like when a Magic: The Gathering card spikes because they announce that it's no longer banned from tournaments, and online retailers who sell it to you suddenly cancel the order you made yesterday at the old price.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

NOK gonna go up up up and we’ll get a new ngage out of it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

shut up!! So many brain dead awful takes on this

https://twitter.com/jason_a_w/status/1354482090759208961?s=21

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I never thought doomsday economics would become such a fast moving thread and have a bunch of the posters buying into the market but lol

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

you can day trade in your roth or 401k rollover account hth

i think the "uhh" is because you probably shouldn't gamble with money in your retirement accounts lol

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
I did it for the NOKie

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

read read read

Yeah I'm out a man's got to know his limitations

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Not a Children posted:

You can write up to $3k in losses off if you're in the USA

lol the calvinball economy owns

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

You'll know the fix is in if the mainstream media starts conflating wsb redditors with thedonald/parler nazis and concern trolling about twenty-somethings losing their savings.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i am now rebranding as a guy who says "My hedgefunderinos!" unironically in solidarity with our reddit bros

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jon Irenicus posted:

lmao they are going to attempt to make talking about trading stocks while being a prole illegal.

lmao free speech motehrfuckers!!!!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Chamale posted:

This is just like when a Magic: The Gathering card spikes because they announce that it's no longer banned from tournaments, and online retailers who sell it to you suddenly cancel the order you made yesterday at the old price.

If only this was for digital cards and there was some sort of online exchange to prevent it.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

cool av posted:

it was me i put in so much money it went to the moon

hell yeah :hfive:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

i still have my nokia internet tablet

truly ahead of its time

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BB is going to the moon!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

why the gently caress wasn’t my order filled goddamn these cheating fucks

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

im on the net me boys posted:

I never thought doomsday economics would become such a fast moving thread and have a bunch of the posters buying into the market but lol

bugs coming to eat the rotting corpse of capitalism

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fact is, nothing fundamentally about Gamestop as a company warrants the price, other than it was heavily devalued by a bunch of hedge funds so you give them a good old squeeze and money comes out. These other stocks are a slightly different scenario and are jumping due to frenzy buying, which isn't as powerful

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

DukeDuke posted:

I did it for the NOKie

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Nokia going to $20, have sisu.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Omnicarus posted:

NOK is back!

GO BABY GO

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

hope gambling this months mortgage works, number only goes up i hear

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The best we can hope is that we get another Gizmondo.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Homeless Friend posted:

i am now rebranding as a guy who says "My hedgefunderinos!" unironically in solidarity with our reddit bros

le epic bacon sir

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the last thread was full of posts that just said blood when the market was dropping in like March

we just love to see the numbers dance

they are a great favorite

they will never die

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Already gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the monster snapped of the leash, i cant control it anymore...