Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Does he own Moo Moo Farm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I would interpret through the lens of “monitoring to determine whether future trade regulations should come out of it” not “should cash be thrown at it?”

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I would interpret through the lens or “monitoring to determine whether future trade regulations should come out of it”.

I mean that's still tone deaf to me? Like this shouldn't be what it takes to make you want to look into that.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

fartknocker posted:

Does he own Moo Moo Farm?

No, he helped bankrupt the farm in 2008 so he could purchase it and turn it into Moo Moo Meadows

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

What exactly do we want Biden to do (or not do) about Gamestop right now? The Press Secretary's answer screams to me, we are not really paying that much attention, and we're not planning to do anything right now. It's a non answer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I mean that's still tone deaf to me? Like this shouldn't be what it takes to make you want to look into that.

Well, yeah that’s fair.

Bird in a Blender posted:

What exactly do we want Biden to do (or not do) about Gamestop right now? The Press Secretary's answer screams to me, we are not really paying that much attention, and we're not planning to do anything right now. It's a non answer.

This is also true, it’s an answer that effectively translates to “we don’t think this is important or worth saying anything about, yet.”

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus 10 seconds after I make my edit adding the Biden thing.

There's no way he's that tone deaf, is there?

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1354496586760511489

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yellen is probably the least-inclined to bail out overly leveraged hedge funds of anyone we could realistically hope to be in charge of that decision. Which means it's still probably a 50/50 tossup, but that's better than the all-but-certainty of previous administrations.

wandler20 posted:

Wanna see a news host get bodied?

This guy is great in these interviews; but nobody should be mistaken, dude is a libertarian billionaire with tons of awful libertarian (and awful billionaire) ideas and convictions.

But boy is he right about the way the financial news media seems entirely on the side of the rapacious vulture capital funds who have been permitted to reap untold billions in rewards for decades by taking huge risks and absolutely should not be bailed out from the consequences of those risks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If one person had faced a single consequence of 2008, I doubt this full campaign to tell every single hedge fund ghoul to go gently caress themselves and get some concrete shoes probably wouldn't have as much momentum

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Really the big problem we've had since 2008 is we needed to see people jumping off buildings in wall street but they just keep reaping billions while we suffer

Lol if gamestop finally gives us the reckoning

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1354441259247665154

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

By Trading and Markets! who are not having a fun morning according to my mother.

Also it looks like the brokers are going to have investigations opened on them soon, as they're definitely lying about having the correct amount of shorted stocks, so there's some SEC fines coming. (There's always SEC fines coming, it's not a deterrent)

Then we had a 20 minute argument about the housing crisis where we agree on everything, except she blames government regulation and the end of redlining for the market collapse and not, you know, the firms making CDO's and synthetic CDO's and the bond rating agencies pretending that poo poo was AAA.

Is there a secondary, not super loving racist, definition of reclining I'm unaware of?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

Is there a secondary, not super loving racist, definition of reclining I'm unaware of?

There's nothing racist about reclining, it's just relaxing and comfortable

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Just lay down or push that chair back until it feels right man, it's fine.

(no there's not I'm fairly sure)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1354436518170005509

reddit is making people so mad right now and it rules

Also forgot about this

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1354502134914576387

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Literally I would talk about racist redlining is and my mother would instantly equate that with giving ninja loans that had no chance of being paid back. Ninja = no income, job or assets.

She's uh... yeah.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C-Euro posted:

I mean The Fitness Log Cabin is right there :shrug:

Excellent post buddy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Redlining is literally the application of institutionalized racism.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Can you guys seriously not see that one is ReCLINING and one is REDLINING

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Also when you go beyond your cars RPM threshold, as seen in the original Fast and Furious movie

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pron on VHS posted:

Also when you go beyond your cars RPM threshold, as seen in the original Fast and Furious movie

The 2008 housing collapse being brought on by a decline in street racers redlining would be a pretty impressive take.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skwirl posted:

In contracts, the process of redlining is when two parties go over a draft of a contract, and point out things they would like changed. It comes the concept of drawing a red line under a word / phrase / sentence when you're peer reviewing a paper.

They probably should use a different term considering the racist history of that term, but :shrug:

BrownThunder posted:

Can you guys seriously not see that one is ReCLINING and one is REDLINING

My phone autocorrected redlining to reclining so I'm assuming thats what happened here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Skwirl posted:

The 2008 housing collapse being brought on by a decline in street racers redlining would be a pretty impressive take.

Hey, driving too fast causes crashes all the time

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

"I practice discrimination a quarter mile at a time."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

General Dog posted:

Discrimination at Any Size

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

General Dog posted:

When your loan goes to the bank for approval

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LargeRareCarpenterant-mobile.mp4

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
From what I’ve seen the in the movie, when you redline your car nuts and bolts start popping off your engine, it’s really bad for your car despite the speed gains

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I bought some number, expecting to be retired by tomorrow.

Why not done?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Discrimination at Any Size

Junior sequel gonna be lit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Junior sequel gonna be lit

Yeah I don't even understand how you achieve that body shape. He looks like Kobayashi after a competitive eating event.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Go to the gym but when your bros take out protein shakes you slam a beer and pizza

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

Yeah I don't even understand how you achieve that body shape. He looks like Kobayashi after a competitive eating event.

Skipping ab work

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

please don't shame the ultimate dad bod

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

General Dog posted:

Let me tell you about something called Schmidt Ice

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

please don't shame the ultimate dad bod

Looks like mom bod to me

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Vin filming a different genre of movie

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

That picture of Vin (PBUH) is from years ago

This is for my midwest brethren

https://twitter.com/midwestern_ope/status/1354500727666860037?s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
In an effort to break out of bad mental cycles, I have stopped watching 90s sitcoms and decided to start on a new show. Watched the pilot of The Expanse since I have heard good things and want to get more into sci-fi, it was really good. Excited to watch the second episode later today

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pron on VHS posted:

In an effort to break out of bad mental cycles, I have stopped watching 90s sitcoms and decided to start on a new show. Watched the pilot of The Expanse since I have heard good things and want to get more into sci-fi, it was really good. Excited to watch the second episode later today

I just finished The Flight Attendant, and I would not recommend it if you're trying to get out of bad mental cycles. I found it to be ok, I'd say a B- show. A good plot, and normally good acting, but there is a lot of drunken screaming happening, and the main character makes terrible choices for 99% of the show. The plot was a fun murder mystery, but there were some very annoying characters that dragged the show down a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
By bad mental cycle I mean I’m just stuck on rewatching comfortable crap I’ve seen a billion times, that’s a weird quirk that’s happened to me in quarantine. I couldn’t even check out the new Fargo or Mandalorian and a year or two ago those are shows I would have rushed to watch