Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1354444714473377794

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

this was really good.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Tears In A Vial posted:

Over Christmas I subscribed to a podcast called Escape This Podcast, because British comedian and creator of Taskmaster Alex Horne was on it. I forgot to unsubscribe, and it just refreshed to show that Travis and Justin are the latest guests.

It's basically a one hour audio escape room.

Oh poo poo that's awesome. I devoured all of Taskmaster last year, it's fantastic. Gonna check this out for sure.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

Oh poo poo that's awesome. I devoured all of Taskmaster last year, it's fantastic. Gonna check this out for sure.

Sorry! I think I phrased that badly.. Alex Horne was a guest, and now the McElroys are guests. Horne and the McElroys aren't on together.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I laughed so hard that I cried.

Not sure they'll be able to figure out the mechanics of the game and make it funny but seeing them flail around was hysterical.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This was the best Monster Factory in a long, long time.

Thank the lord that this horrible zero-year old baby is finally in hell where he BELONGS.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah I was nervous about them doing crusader kings because of how obtuse it is, but making a despised baby that was dying at game start was definitely the optimal way for them to go.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

someone should tell them about the game of thrones mod because, if nothing else, im sure that'll provide an easier entry point than having to understand several centuries of european history

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I was sobbing so hard I couldn't see the terrible baby and his awful schemes for half the runtime, A++

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I laughed harder at that monster factory than I have at anything in months I think. I kind of needed that.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why would you put a peg leg on a 0 year old baby?????

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Ariong posted:

Why would you put a peg leg on a 0 year old baby?????

Cause he lost his leg to the gout, keep up

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wait, was Rat Baby not 0 years old? Or was that one of those anime things where she's actually 200,000 years old so it's totally OK that she looks like a child don't shame my fanart

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

sticklefifer posted:

Wait, was Rat Baby not 0 years old? Or was that one of those anime things where she's actually 200,000 years old so it's totally OK that she looks like a child don't shame my fanart

Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice Beetlejuice has finally been cast to hell at 0 years old

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The promise of more McElroy CK3 is extremely exciting.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Rat baby in the weird mmo game was a child, if I remember right. Tammy Radbody was certainly an adult!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
An all-timer Monster Factory, every individual segment was pure gold, including the gameplay.

Hopefully next time they figure out the game well enough to raise some monster babies because CK3 interprets all its sliders as genetics.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKl8lOGszUa/?igshid=18150f6luqfqo

Live TAZ show on 2/16-they’re playing Honey Heist with some interactive portions.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Legendary episode of Monster Factory.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That Monster Factory was profoundly upsetting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The fact that Crusader Kings devs actually set the flavor text to "Nice" when you put your stats at 69 makes me think they also programmed in the extreme sliders specifically so people could make horrifying abominations.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

That, and they wanted people to be able to make historically accurate depictions of the Habsburgs.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Tenik posted:

That, and they wanted people to be able to make historically accurate depictions of the Habsburgs.

He already said "horrifying abominations"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I was kinda feeling like Monster Factory had run its course and wasn't doing anything for me anymore, but this episode changed my mind.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Vargs posted:

I was kinda feeling like Monster Factory had run its course and wasn't doing anything for me anymore, but this episode changed my mind.

They kinda ran out of good games for a bit there.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
Yeah, Monster Factory is dependent on a game having a robust enough character creator to make something truly heinous. Or third-party tools, in case of the Mass Effect 2 episode.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Grunch Worldflower posted:

Yeah, Monster Factory is dependent on a game having a robust enough character creator to make something truly heinous. Or third-party tools, in case of the Mass Effect 2 episode.

Yeah Justin actually says how they normally need to a hack a game to get such good results. Paradox did the sensible thing of adding an extra 25% - 50% beyond whats physically possible to either end of their sliders.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The past few monster factories have been funnier in game play than character creator, IMO. I think character creator is the stage exercise that sets it all up, though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I could not stop staring at the conspicuous gap between Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice Beetlejuice's nose and mouth. Just an all-timer episode of Monster Factory, holy cow.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Grunch Worldflower posted:

I usually agree with this, but the woodworking simulator episode made me realize that just being willfully ignorant of the game can produce similar comedy as well.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

um excuse me posted:

The past few monster factories have been funnier in game play than character creator, IMO. I think character creator is the stage exercise that sets it all up, though.

I will say that the gameplay portion of that gymnastics game a few months back was hysterical, too.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
It just seems like there haven't been a ton of AAA games with broke-rear end creation options in a while. And in the case of that WWE game, they couldn't even finish making a monster without the thing crashing.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

My favorite thing in the world is when Travis does TAZ ad reads with baby Dot in the room and you get to hear her coo-ing. More babies on podcasts please.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Their realization that CK3 is not a combat game, and loading their guy with every negative that made them laugh made everyone on earth hate him, was the best thing Monster Factory had in ages

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The most unrealistic thing about yesterday's TAZ is that any organization would be able, let alone willing, to start a new hire the day after their interview. And we're supposed to believe that this happened for two new "hires"!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Finally got around to watching the new Monster Factory. Sigh...I guess I’m back on the Brothers’ side, again. They aren’t secret sex pests. They’re good boys.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

My favorite thing in the world is when Travis does TAZ ad reads with baby Dot in the room and you get to hear her coo-ing. More babies on podcasts please.

Listening to the McElroy's long enough to have heard Charlie's conception announcement (phrasing?) , Baby noises on saw ones , And then to have an interview with her on the show is a weird bit of joy

Very :3

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Then we get to pick our faith, no chance to get in trouble here, Juice!"

"Just pick the funniest faith."

Man I was worried Monster Factory was spinning its gears last time but jesus this was a banger.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

sexpig by night posted:

Man I was worried Monster Factory was spinning its gears last time but jesus this was a banger.

Should have gone with Adamites. Pretty sure that is the funniest one in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Justin is very good at egging on his brothers.