Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

I'm gonna read all these in Skwisgaar's accent

I'm thinking in Hertzog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Let me guess, Amazon says they can't be trusted because it's harder for them to identify who's voting for a union so they can fire them.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

lol is this about the EO to end trans discrimination in the military? yes yes, that's definitely equivalent to little girls (a considerable demographic within the military) having to share showers with men :hmmyes:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

lol is this about the EO to end trans discrimination in the military? yes yes, that's definitely equivalent to little girls (a considerable demographic within the military) having to share showers with men :hmmyes:

It's probably the EO that says:
"Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love. Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports. Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes. People should be able to access healthcare and secure a roof over their heads without being subjected to sex discrimination. All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation."

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Oh, Amazon is supposed to be automatically good and wise? And a valid source of political discourse? Because they deliver things? gently caress off.

quote:

Naked loving transphobia.

quote:

Think about this metaphor for a second. These guys are trying to get a drink from an oil pipeline. The Jobs they are trying to tap into are poison, and they just don't care.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fauci advised against masks at first because people are panicky weirdos and bought up all the n95 masks, paper masks, whatever they could get their hands on at the expense of healthcare and essential workers. There was (and still is) confusion about how masks work: it’s to prevent infecting others, not the wearer. This is why masks being a political issue is so frustrating: chuds give medical experts the finger, but the rest of us are the ones at increased risk.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

They’re unnecessary because COVID-19 survivability rate is 99.7 percent!

It's good to know Ben would have no problem with me sawing his hands off, because the survivability rate would be very high! As long as you don't die from it, no need to worry!

Spider-Man is powerful, but an independent god? That might be stretching it a bit. He got his rear end kicked by a guy in a gorilla suit after all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just picking the low hanging fruit here

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

NRVNQSR posted:

Tiger snakes are a protected species; killing it would have likely cost him a hell of a lot more than $250. Gazebo or no gazebo I'm not going to jump down a guy's throat for paying $250 to have his dogs not die.

Wait, in Australia are you not allowed to kill a critter that is a direct threat to you or your livestock?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I literally don't get who this is supposed to be owning. Are Republicans supposed to be pro-labor now? Am I suppose to oppose mail in ballots because Bezos is trying to stop people from unionizing?

Like I feel the next panel should be the DASGC character yelling about boycotting Amazon and buying local.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Yes, meaning this cartoon is either from a far-right American, or a 56 year old white British feminist.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Tibalt posted:

I literally don't get who this is supposed to be owning. Are Republicans supposed to be pro-labor now? Am I suppose to oppose mail in ballots because Bezos is trying to stop people from unionizing?

Like I feel the next panel should be the DASGC character yelling about boycotting Amazon and buying local.

I think the point is that Amazon is perceived as a Liberal company, with the expectation from Lester that all his enemies should be be ideological lock-step; :smuggo: "you say mail in voting is fine, but the company you love so much disagrees."

Unfortunately for him, Lester is a dumb motherfucker, so his point makes no sense.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

BrotherJayne posted:

Wait, in Australia are you not allowed to kill a critter that is a direct threat to you or your livestock?

I think "killing a protected species results in you being in Some poo poo" no matter where you are.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

Fauci advised against masks at first because people are panicky weirdos and bought up all the n95 masks, paper masks, whatever they could get their hands on at the expense of healthcare and essential workers. There was (and still is) confusion about how masks work: it’s to prevent infecting others, not the wearer. This is why masks being a political issue is so frustrating: chuds give medical experts the finger, but the rest of us are the ones at increased risk.

The fact that we're still talking about this in here is just showing how effective their rhetoric is at poisoning the well. Anyone that doesn't already know this is gullible to the line "well first Fauci said not to wear a mask" and all the poisoned paths that can lead down. They don't need to hook everyone with it, just enough.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Get hosed forever McCoy. Also the loving gall of this rear end in a top hat whining about rubber stamping EOs after four years of Trump.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nomination: Bigotry (Transphobia)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Maybe don’t mention penmanship class in your cartoon if your own writing consists of barely legible squiggles.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Wearing a mask is a completely selfless act: you are inconveniencing yourself for no personal gain, only to protect others. So I guess it probably shouldn't surprise us that Americans have had such a big problem doing it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Amazon and the Washington Post are both owned by the same person. That's the "joke".

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

First dog's "gazebo" sounds more like a storage shed, since that's where they keep the sheep food. Hardly a sign of top hatted excess.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Hat-tip to this (party time,) excellent Wayne’s World ref

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

gently caress you.

e. You know, let's make this official. Nomination: least concealed bigotry (transphobia).

Also I know "don't touch the poop" is an (un?) official thread rule, but I went looking for this shitbag to tell him to go gently caress himself to his face. He's on twitter, but his entire feed consists of bot posts about how many people followed and unfollowed him on a given day; his political cartoons are not on Gocomics; and I tracked down his syndication page, on which this strip and several others have exactly zero comments.

Is this guy published anywhere? Because I'm getting some real strong "shouting slurs into the void" vibes from him.

(Also gently caress you again. Just for good measure.)

Mikl fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 1, 2021

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Volcanic Vents posted:

Hat-tip to this (party time,) excellent Wayne’s World ref

What?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tibalt posted:

Judging from Cruz's recent talk about union jobs lost to the Keystone cancelation, it's entirely possible Republicans are trying to get labor on their side.

The cartoon though is just stupid because obviously both Amazon and Republicans had ulterior motives in eliminating mail-in votes and there's no real reason to believe they're at all untrustworthy.

duz posted:

Amazon and the Washington Post are both owned by the same person. That's the "joke".
There's no indication the Washington Post is the newspaper. Lester is distributed by the Washington Post, but I don't think that has anything to do with it the joke.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The third panel is referencing the scene were Garth is talking about selling out while covered in branded merch.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Tibalt posted:

Amazon workers are casting ballots for whether to unionize by mail. Unions are bad. Voting by mail is bad. Amazon is bad. However if one thing bad then other thing must be good. The rare triple-cognitive dissonance has resulted in this incomprehensible cartoon.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i prefer to just take it at face value and go with amazon corp is seditious and should be forcefully stopped

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Moon Slayer posted:

Wearing a mask is a completely selfless act: you are inconveniencing yourself for no personal gain, only to protect others. So I guess it probably shouldn't surprise us that Americans have had such a big problem doing it.
It's like the meme about putting the shopping cart back as a test of citizenship, except all the fascists failed when it required actual inconvenience.

(I assume the shopping cart meme is fascist because it seems to glorify Rico from Starship Troopers and frame citizenship as privilege to be earned through duty. Also because it's a meme on the internet)

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1354460130381713410?s=20

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Tibalt posted:

It's like the meme about putting the shopping cart back as a test of citizenship, except all the fascists failed when it required actual inconvenience.

(I assume the shopping cart meme is fascist because it seems to glorify Rico from Starship Troopers and frame citizenship as privilege to be earned through duty. Also because it's a meme on the internet)

all the fascists failed it because it's... very much not a fascist meme?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Bootleg Trunks posted:

YoloSwagStudios

Isn't this a StoneToss aligned person?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Ms Adequate posted:

all the fascists failed it because it's... very much not a fascist meme?
https://pisco.pubninja.com/c1c2170f-f039-4c84-adb8-d031c6a58acb.jpeg

Sounds hella fashy to me, but maybe I'm prejudging.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Okay reading over it again I can see where that conclusion comes from. I can't actually say whether it was intended as such or not. It doesn't come across as fashy to me because it seems like it's emphasizing selflessness with no reward as the basis of a good person, and that a society without that threat of law is one to aim for, but I can see the flipside for sure.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Who's this guy? He sucks, none of the charm or wittiness of Kelly, whose comics he's so poorly trying to channel.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The fabled hybrid of Kelly and Family Guy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Help Im Alive posted:

What's happening in prickly city

Stantis has spent the last four years complaining that the left and right are equally bad, and can only solve their dispute by meeting in the middle (i.e. doing everything republicans want, but with :decorum:). Now that there has been a insurrection attempting to overthrow the elected democrat president and make last year's fascist the monarch of the US, he finally has vindication that indeed both sides are equally bad.

There is no bias in this view, because as you can see, the words are in the mouth of a non-white girl, so it must be the unvarnished truth. The marxist cat dog is not missing her point because it is stupid as hell, he is missing it because he has no actual beliefs of his own and can only parrot the last thing he heard.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 27, 2021

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Post poste posted:

Isn't this a StoneToss aligned person?

Stonetoss is the first recommended follower on that twitter page so I'm gonna say yes.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This isn’t even coherent. It’s literally just screaming “NO MASK! CHINA!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikl posted:

(Also gently caress you again. Just for good measure.)

Fuckin A, sister. I am pissed at that loving strip and wish to see him choke on a pretzel. loving McCoys..

e - also that yoloswag dude was on a block chain of mine from when I blocked stonetoss followers/follows, so... yeah gently caress that guy too.