Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I used to be big into idle games (as probably evidenced from my posts ITT or in this thread's predecessors) but fell off a couple years back. From the last page or so, aside from NGU (which I'm not sure that I want to jump back into, since I'd either be trying to remember how everything works off of a deep save or starting from scratch, which is also a bummer) it seems like FE000000 is the new thing? What else has been really good over the last year or two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Heya folks. I'm back again to advertise the game I made because now it's out on Steam and on sale for a buck off.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488100/IncrediMarble/

Also it's gonna get Twitch integration soon. Here's a quick example of what that'll sorta look like:

https://twitch.tv/videos/887220321?t=11414s

I still haven't advertised it on the idle reddit because, in all honestly, I've kinda fudged the numbers so much that it's not drip-feedy enough. Plus there aren't a lot of upgrade options, something decent idle games are really good at. I'll... get there eventually.

Still, though, if you didn't grab the mobile version I showed off before, maybe you'll like the Steam version! (Plus the earnings are increased since it's a pay-for game now and not f2p.)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DaveKap posted:

Heya folks. I'm back again to advertise the game I made because now it's out on Steam and on sale for a buck off

finally

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DaveKap posted:

Heya folks. I'm back again to advertise the game I made because now it's out on Steam and on sale for a buck off.

This is a lot of fun! I meant to check it out quick before bed and lost the last hour playing it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Teddybear posted:

What else has been really good over the last year or two?

Synergism
Prestige Tree
FE000000000000
Evolve (not sure, not my style)
Antimatter Dimensions
NGU Industries

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Teddybear posted:

I used to be big into idle games (as probably evidenced from my posts ITT or in this thread's predecessors) but fell off a couple years back. From the last page or so, aside from NGU (which I'm not sure that I want to jump back into, since I'd either be trying to remember how everything works off of a deep save or starting from scratch, which is also a bummer) it seems like FE000000 is the new thing? What else has been really good over the last year or two?
Two years is such a long time, honestly.

Does that mean you never played Theory of Magic (formerly Arcanum)? it's pretty active for an idler but it's good, has a clearly defined stopping point cause the prestige is skeletal at best.

Shark Game got an update but it's still the same gameplay loop but you can toss it a few hours.

Synergism was all the hotness for a while and is still updating and there's a shitload of stuff there even if some of it is opaque enough to require asking this thread/their Discord.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Teddybear posted:

Wuxia World is good if you don't mind playing on mobile or text badly translated from Chinese. They fixed most of the translation a couple weeks ago but there's still a few instances of gibberish or untranslated dialogue.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Cobalt60 posted:

In Perfect Tower 2, the progression in the factory is just starting to get extremely complex - far past the fun-zone for me. Talking about T5 producers, for example. Is there added automation for building stuff like high-end chips, or is this just not a late-game experience for me?

There isn't anything yet, you'd have to write your own AI script due to item locations in your inventory, etc.

I made 1 T5 White producer, and it's good for 200QI/sec or so, but I was already pulling in more than that in zone1 endless runs. It does make starting a new tier a bit easier, but even that peters out quickly as you get up t0 tier 10+. I'm at the current endgame (T11?) and just slowly pushing for eras. I might put it to sleep until the next update though, as I imagine this grind will be annihilated by whatever new tech they add in.

The discord for this game is sadly necessary because it's still alpha and the documentation doesn't appear to be high on the priority list.

I would suggest getting scripts for auto mining and activating all of your modules while playing the actual game.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

DaveKap posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488100/IncrediMarble/

Also it's gonna get Twitch integration soon. Here's a quick example of what that'll sorta look like:

https://twitch.tv/videos/887220321?t=11414s

I still haven't advertised it on the idle reddit because, in all honestly, I've kinda fudged the numbers so much that it's not drip-feedy enough. Plus there aren't a lot of upgrade options, something decent idle games are really good at. I'll... get there eventually.

Still, though, if you didn't grab the mobile version I showed off before, maybe you'll like the Steam version! (Plus the earnings are increased since it's a pay-for game now and not f2p.)
Any plans for Android version? Always looking for something to play while holding a sleeping newborn.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Teddybear posted:

Alongside what everyone else has said, Legends of Idleon came out (from the maker of Idle Skilling) and it's a strange idle/mmo hybrid. There isn't too much content at the moment but the dev is very active and is adding new stuff all the time.

Another Chronicle is another one I enjoyed quite a bit.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sibling of TB posted:

Any plans for Android version? Always looking for something to play while holding a sleeping newborn.

I think I would also play more if I had it on my phone. I'm pre-registered for the android version so I assume it's in the works?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Hey its me, the one guy playing games on a chromebook

How about Linux compatibility?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

IncrediMarble feedback: You may want to tweak the frozen pieces code so that they at least a certain high from one another; early on it's very hard to gain elevation since all the tracks that do so are expensive and unlocked much further on. It's possible to have the frozen pieces spawn at close to the same vertical elevation but have no way to cover the horizontal distance between them as a result. It's a real shame because I think the little build challenge (and reward) the frozen pieces represent is pretty neat.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Ineptitude posted:

NGU Industries

Woah, is there a place it's out? I have the game wishlisted on Steam since I'm hopelessly addicted to similar games.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

also hoping for linux support for NGU Industries, if 4g is lurking in the shadows ;)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RoboCicero posted:

Woah, is there a place it's out? I have the game wishlisted on Steam since I'm hopelessly addicted to similar games.

Some of us have been trying the beta build that 4G gave codes out for a while ago. It's not out officially yet.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Lib and let die posted:

also hoping for linux support for NGU Industries, if 4g is lurking in the shadows ;)

it might be possible, it worked pretty much out of the box on mac. has more to do with if the file saves and mtx through steam works the same.

or if unity plays nice on linux idk we've been doing frontend work at work and i think it's given me a brain bleed

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Feline Mind Meld posted:

it might be possible, it worked pretty much out of the box on mac. has more to do with if the file saves and mtx through steam works the same.

or if unity plays nice on linux idk we've been doing frontend work at work and i think it's given me a brain bleed

i would imagine the profit pipeline is largely the same, though i've seen plenty of masochistic solutions employed myself so, who knows. it sounded like doing geforce now was just a matter of flipping a switch to start the review process, so who knows what multiplatform support looks like.

i'd certainly be willing to participate in any linux testing

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Sibling of TB posted:

Yes, some day soon it will also be on Android. I'll post here again and probably in the Android thread when it hits.

explosivo posted:

I think I would also play more if I had it on my phone. I'm pre-registered for the android version so I assume it's in the works?
Oh, right! You can do that here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funfirst.letsroll&hl=en_US&gl=US

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I got my first Exile kill! And a drop! Hey, what's that stat, it's... nooooooooooooooo!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Probably no linux port since a) very few people use exclusively linux
b)wine or proton seem to make it work anyways and linux users are generally competent computer touchers and
c) :effort:

Tbh i was really iffy on the mac port too til it basically worked first fry which was a miracle.

Seems to chug the cpu on something called big sur for afaik no reason though

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

something posted:

b)wine or proton seem to make it work anyways and linux users are generally competent computer touchers and

Tbh i was really iffy on the mac port too til it basically worked first fry which was a miracle.

Big Sur is the newest Mac OS they give it a new dumb name every year and Mac people know the order and get offended when you don't know if snow leopard or mountain lion came first.

Big Sur gave me lots of issues at work even photoshop had problems for awhile, which we had to do since a major company we work with updated their photoshop first and their stuff wouldn't open until we did.

Basically gently caress Apple doesn't give a gently caress if it's not from their app store and they aren't skimming money.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pixaal posted:

Big Sur is the newest Mac OS they give it a new dumb name every year and Mac people know the order and get offended when you don't know if snow leopard or mountain lion came first.
at least Google has the decency to give Android releases alphabetical names :(

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

something posted:

I dunno, I mean it's not like these games are cp2077, with ray tracing and whatever other fancy nonsense gets people wound up and something like ShadowPC seems a far more appropriate solution for doing windows on Linux for gaming.

If you've got a chromebook with gallium installed, you're not just going to run wine or proton to play a game because your gpu is going to just jump off a cliff.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Speaking of gently caress Apple. Any recommendations for iPhone? I only have time to play on work breaks and on the toilet at home, so no PC idlers for me.

I’ve significantly enjoyed and been through:

Hero Factory
Swarm Sim
Idle Planet Miner
Idle Brick Breaker
Idle Heroes
Adventure Capitalist/Communist
Tap Titans 1/2

Bounced off a lot of others.

Thanks!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Maybe NGU IDle?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

Maybe NGU IDle?

There's no NGU Idle for native iOS - you can kiiiiinda play it on Steam's remote play, but not very well.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Doom Rooster posted:

Speaking of gently caress Apple. Any recommendations for iPhone? I only have time to play on work breaks and on the toilet at home, so no PC idlers for me.

I’ve significantly enjoyed and been through:

Hero Factory
Swarm Sim
Idle Planet Miner
Idle Brick Breaker
Idle Heroes
Adventure Capitalist/Communist
Tap Titans 1/2

Bounced off a lot of others.

Thanks!

I’ve been enjoying Tower Ball.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Does that mean you never played Theory of Magic (formerly Arcanum)? it's pretty active for an idler but it's good, has a clearly defined stopping point cause the prestige is skeletal at best.

I'd never played this, and since I finished FE000000 I dove right in. Really fun in a very different way from most idlers. About to jump into tier 2 as a Seer.

I'm resisting the temptation to look things up because discovery seems to be the whole point of the game. The one thing I'm breaking that rule for is houses - seems like a poor decision to show you what houses are out there, but only show you the purchase requirements after you've already met them, so you have no idea what to work towards. (It's usually just higher max gold and gems, but still, why not just tell me that)

E: vvvvv Oh good, then I don't feel bad at all.

Nibble fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 29, 2021

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Nibble posted:

I'd never played this, and since I finished FE000000 I dove right in. Really fun in a very different way from most idlers. About to jump into tier 2 as a Seer.

I'm resisting the temptation to look things up because discovery seems to be the whole point of the game. The one thing I'm breaking that rule for is houses - seems like a poor decision to show you what houses are out there, but only show you the purchase requirements after you've already met them, so you have no idea what to work towards. (It's usually just higher max gold and gems, but still, why not just tell me that)

iirc the house thing is a bug and if you use a different browser it works as intended

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Is Krissmus going to last until June? Absolutely do focus on the new game, though. It looks to be the hotter, newer thing.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Okay I will ask one thing about Theory/Arcanum, is there a useful dump for research that I'm missing? Extra gold can always go towards gems, furniture, etc. but I'm sitting on 20k research with maxed scrolls/codices/tomes and feel like there must be another way to spend it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think you can spend science weaving tapestries for a max mana bonus?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I think The Exile V1 in NGU is bugged. Both the game and the Wiki say the needed autokill stats are 100Sx Power and 50Sx Toughness, but my stats are 53Sx and 22Sx, roughly half those figures, and I'm autokilling him. Meanwhile The Godmother V4 I still have to manually kill because her requirements are 50Sx/25Sx.

e: Apparently the Exile also goes on autokill if you kill him 24 times, and I'm pretty sure I haven't but *shrug*

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 30, 2021

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I think The Exile V1 in NGU is bugged. Both the game and the Wiki say the needed autokill stats are 100Sx Power and 50Sx Toughness, but my stats are 53Sx and 22Sx, roughly half those figures, and I'm autokilling him. Meanwhile The Godmother V4 I still have to manually kill because her requirements are 50Sx/25Sx.

e: Apparently the Exile also goes on autokill if you kill him 24 times, and I'm pretty sure I haven't but *shrug*

That will be true of every version of the Exile, and you can check your number of kills in the Beastiary

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Thirst Mutilator posted:

That will be true of every version of the Exile, and you can check your number of kills in the Beastiary

Given how high the Exile's autokill stats are I'm quite glad for it.

So I do want to ask: the Exile v2 seems to be next (RadLands appears to want about 4/2 Sp to get started) and that wants around 372Sx / 156Sx. Right now with several days of AT built up I'm at about 58/24 Sx. How am I going to make the climb? Do I just need to lean back and do a few weeks of normal daily rebirths and regular iron pills and stacking up Adventure NGUs and Hacks and so on? I've got cards and Mayo going and I've got Adventure tagged but cards are like any just-unlocked feature slow going for now.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

Given how high the Exile's autokill stats are I'm quite glad for it.

So I do want to ask: the Exile v2 seems to be next (RadLands appears to want about 4/2 Sp to get started) and that wants around 372Sx / 156Sx. Right now with several days of AT built up I'm at about 58/24 Sx. How am I going to make the climb? Do I just need to lean back and do a few weeks of normal daily rebirths and regular iron pills and stacking up Adventure NGUs and Hacks and so on? I've got cards and Mayo going and I've got Adventure tagged but cards are like any just-unlocked feature slow going for now.

I'm roughly in the same place as you, and I'm like 60% to Exile v2 stats. I've got the following maxed:

- Adventure Wishes I & II
- Adventure Perk I
- Adventure Quirk I
- Cube Softcapped

I think if I maxed Adv Perk II and Adv Quirk II I'd be close. This, combined with regular Iron Pill (I'm getting about 2m adv stats from each one) and hackdays (days where you pop R3 potions and dedicate the whole day to hacks) should surely get me there.

EDIT: I do recommend joining the official Discord (I think there's a link in the game itself). It can be a bit noisy, but there's a bunch of old hands that'll helpfully tell you exactly what you should be doing if you're totally lost for guidance.

Thirst Mutilator fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 30, 2021

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
NGU Idle

So I had heard there was a maximum amount of Energy and Magic you could have (at 9 Quintillion of each).

Apparently there is also a ceiling on how much Energy/Magic power you can have (2.2 Quintillion). I probably should've noticed a few billion XP ago on my road to 1 billion base power in each. Oh well.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Bedurndurn posted:

NGU Idle

So I had heard there was a maximum amount of Energy and Magic you could have (at 9 Quintillion of each).

Apparently there is also a ceiling on how much Energy/Magic power you can have (2.2 Quintillion). I probably should've noticed a few billion XP ago on my road to 1 billion base power in each. Oh well.

Im a few weeks away from max magic cap. Then pumping power, good to know when to stop :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally gained enough rep with the daily labyrinth's vendor in Wuxia World to reach tier 2 and buy the cultivation manual. An extra 720k internal every day is going to come in handy now that levels cost upwards of a hundred million.