Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pretty great how the comments seem to be a lot of "lol that's hilarious, Dragon Papa owns kusa kusa kusa."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ollie is angling to become the 3rd major construction power on the Minecraft server. She’s got a logo now for Kureiji Kensetsu.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

njsykora posted:

Ollie is angling to become the 3rd major construction power on the Minecraft server. She’s got a logo now for Kureiji Kensetsu.

With that name, she better hire Haachama ASAP.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Takoluka posted:

Pretty great how the comments seem to be a lot of "lol that's hilarious, Dragon Papa owns kusa kusa kusa."

papa dragon is hilarious to occasionally hear about from coco but would be the worst to actually have to live with

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

njsykora posted:

5th Gen has already been linking up their home to hers and built her a ramen shop. She could easily recruit them all.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hivac posted:

If it's DQ it could be a sugiyama kobo licensing thing because he's a fucker

nah he's generally fine with japanese stuff iirc, it's only Filthy Foreigners he has a problem with

also yay Pekora Story will continue tonight, get hype

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Watch Holo Bass play a Smol Ame fan game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXXQehk8ro

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I played a bit of that fan game and it's pretty impressive, I hope Ame gets the ok to play it somehow because there's enough input lag when you play on the browser and I can imagine her spending an entire stream on this getting mad and making the same noises.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ame is back on Mario Galaxy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtoPcFdbS2k

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

papa dragon is hilarious to occasionally hear about from coco but would be the worst to actually have to live with

Considering where she's from, it is not outside the realm of possibility that dude has a Parler account.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
My favourite Vtuber Dad in concept is Calli's dad, who seems to have made the executive decision to become a weird Anime Girl Figurines Guy in a misguided attempt to bond with his anime girl daughter. He also only buys the most scuffed, paint-chipped, garage-sale/thrift-store looking anime girl figurines he finds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Ottnh8T0Q&t=6670s

All in all, an incredibly strong Dad Concept. A+

in terms of on screen appearances rather than mere concept we really only have Papa Macchia to go on. so that list of Vtuber Dads is more boring even if its only real entry is a good one

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Nene talking about how rough her design shake-up and delayed 3D debut has been on her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYN84ThSXDA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ame spilled food on her desk while streaming, once again proving she is the purest gamer in all of HoloEN

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Oh yeah it's been a while since this has come up, but just in case here are some browser extensions that make consuming vtube content more efficient or something

ytcFilter - chrome/firefox - lets you display chat translations or specific members in a separate chat box
LiveJimaku - chrome/firefox - displays chat translations over the video itself like a caption
LiveTL - chrome/firefox/android apparently - does the same as the previous two combined but honestly I don't like the interface as much, ymmv

and if you use userscripts I highly recommend

YouTube Live CPU Tamer - changes the tick rate of superchat and new member notifications at the top of chat, significantly cut down lag on big streams and it's NUTS that this is even an issue
YouTube Live Filled Up View - maximize your screen space for more of your favorite vtube
YouTube Sticky Live Chat - pins the most recent channel owner/moderator chat messages to the top of the chat

and for actual channels and videos,

Holotools - really good for seeing current and upcoming streams, hololive/stars specific
Holoclips - compiles clip channels, hololive/stars specific
Holodex - does both of the above combine, but also includes Nijisanji, Kizuna Ai, VOMS, VShojo, independent channels, and a whole bunch of others I've never heard of

and here, for your trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j241hdqWAKA

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Wudz posted:

Oh yeah it's been a while since this has come up, but just in case here are some browser extensions that make consuming vtube content more efficient or something

ytcFilter - chrome/firefox - lets you display chat translations or specific members in a separate chat box
LiveJimaku - chrome/firefox - displays chat translations over the video itself like a caption
LiveTL - chrome/firefox/android apparently - does the same as the previous two combined but honestly I don't like the interface as much, ymmv

and if you use userscripts I highly recommend

YouTube Live CPU Tamer - changes the tick rate of superchat and new member notifications at the top of chat, significantly cut down lag on big streams and it's NUTS that this is even an issue
YouTube Live Filled Up View - maximize your screen space for more of your favorite vtube
YouTube Sticky Live Chat - pins the most recent channel owner/moderator chat messages to the top of the chat

and for actual channels and videos,

Holotools - really good for seeing current and upcoming streams, hololive/stars specific
Holoclips - compiles clip channels, hololive/stars specific
Holodex - does both of the above combine, but also includes Nijisanji, Kizuna Ai, VOMS, VShojo, independent channels, and a whole bunch of others I've never heard of

and here, for your trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j241hdqWAKA

Does the super chat cpu one matter if you always hide chat?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Yeah I actually nearly chucked the game for this crap, especially since the tutorial itself so poorly conveyed the dodging mechanic was more a matter of blindly spamming the dodge button than manually dashing into a preferrable positioning. Trying to do that was what was getting me killed. And it's not "really" a hard tutorial either, it's just that if you don't immediately correctly understand what it wants of you, it wastes a huge amount of your time, which is antithetical to a good tutorial

Someone once blamed me for not knowing how Platinum Games games worked when I mentioned this and I was like, you expect me to play entire other games as the tutorial to this one?

The thing that kept me playing was the fact the on the easiest difficulty the game basically literally plays itself so I could bypass the tutorial to a part of the game where I could actually learn the mechanics, without it harshly punishing incorrect interpretations of its crappy instructions

This is just a Platinum games things in general, my first game of theirs was Wonderful 101 and the game not only doesn't explain the dodge but you also have to buy it after the first stage or two.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Tabletops posted:

Does the super chat cpu one matter if you always hide chat?

probably not but the guy that made it also made a general youtube cpu tamer that might help

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Wudz posted:

I highly recommend

Thanks for these! I'd never seen the last two and they seem VERY useful!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Inuyama Tamaki did a host club stream with her two favorite Vtubers from Nijisanji and the amount of thirst that he has is like the Sahara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDyLO9FW1hg

This also reminded me of Hololive's older host club skits and makes me wish they would revive it with Gen 4, 5 and ID joining in. The levels of chaos and slights would be great.

Stuff like:

Flare wooing Miko and Korone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlX_ZQpLZxI

Matsuri and Host Clubs = "I'm in danger" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HAVSoYzVo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeSEiI4iXFA

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hHppI20UTs

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Stream reservation's there, thirsty bird is playing NieR: Automata today, in about 6 hours. Let's hope she can push through the tutorial, because I'm sure the story will grab her if she makes it that far.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
I think coco has been cursed with petrification
https://twitter.com/kiryucoco/status/1354677290345488387

tweet posted:

Something's wrong with half my face today, so I might not be able to deliver! Sorry, everyone! I can't open my eyes, I can't close my eyes, I can't talk, LOL!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Did Coco get a stroke

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Um, isn't that kinda serious if it isn't either a scuffed translation or Coco exaggerating?

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Yeah all of the JP comments seem to be saying variations of "hey uh go to a doctor" so probably not a busted translation.

I'm sure she's taking it seriously if it's not an exaggeration, and if it's just poor wording and it's just her live2d that's not working well that would be good but unfortunate choice of words

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Not to get all parasocial but I hope Coco did not suddenly get some palsy or have a stroke or whatever. Hope its just a passing thing. Get well soon, Coco

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
poo poo I read that tweet at first and thought she was having Live2D problems but if it's her actual face yea she needs to go to a doc

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

pezzie posted:

poo poo I read that tweet at first and thought she was having Live2D problems but if it's her actual face yea she needs to go to a doc

Yeah, I really hope it's a poorly worded issue with her Live2D avatar. Also I would argue that there is nothing parasocial about hoping that a person didn't have a stroke, even if said person plays a role of an anime dragon girl.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Um, isn't that kinda serious if it isn't either a scuffed translation or Coco exaggerating?

It's kind of ambiguous. She could be talking about her model. Her tone of voice suggests she's not particularly concerned.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

Stream reservation's there, thirsty bird is playing NieR: Automata today, in about 6 hours. Let's hope she can push through the tutorial, because I'm sure the story will grab her if she makes it that far.

Our Elite cyborg will also be playing it a couple of hours ealier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXuewXxMl4s

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

coco used a lol and kanata is continuting standard operations so it's probably fine

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Popped into Callie's superchats stream and she mentioned she's booked up for music collabs until basically May. Which is insane and awesome at the same time.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Patware posted:

coco used a lol and kanata is continuting standard operations so it's probably fine

Yeah I'm going with "model issue" rather than stroke, but either way I hope everything's fine!

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Sylvyfish posted:

It's kind of ambiguous. She could be talking about her model. Her tone of voice suggests she's not particularly concerned.

If she was talking about her real face, I'd still understand the the tone if it was her first time. I got Bell's Palsy in 2019 and I didn't know that half your face being paralyzed was a sign of a stroke, so I went on with my day until I told my parents and they rushed me into a hospital.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Huh, Noel just started streaming and it looks like her live 2d is frozen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIrQY21PQtc

So Coco's thing may not be medical after all

e: ah she's restarting the stream

e2 hahaha yeah it looks like live2d may be busted

Wudz fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 28, 2021

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Lyer posted:

Popped into Callie's superchats stream and she mentioned she's booked up for music collabs until basically May. Which is insane and awesome at the same time.

She's living her dream right now. I look forward to her works. Around the time of her debut both AZki and Suisei both expressed interest in collaborating with her. Watame somehow beat them both, bless the sheep.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I can't believe Coco Kiryu, the anime model, had a stroke and now has face paralysis

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
i take it back ollie just started streaming and seems just fine so gently caress if I know :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Haachama fighting the power.