Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Dreamsicle posted:

Is that really a QTE sequence in a New Vegas mod

A QTE sequence lifted directly from Far Cry 5, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I think im just gonna unfollow the frontier mod on nexus and just work on adding unique vulpine npcs for the Vulpine Race mod.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
This entire mod is built from people going "can we" and nobody going "should we?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ironslave posted:

This entire mod is built from people going "can we" and nobody going "should we?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nazm3_OXac

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So is the Tale of Two Wastelands done so this list I'll post soon done so nothing will be broken?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjCGyzx46Q

Oh God this just keeps getting worse hahaha

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This one is a mod to Frontier. Yes, a mod to the mod. All it adds is this convo.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjCGyzx46Q

Oh God this just keeps getting worse hahaha

is this whole mod an elaborate prank? her mutation is a known, natural disease and also having red hair as an asian?

jesus christ

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I think you could do something interesting with the Brotherhood reacting to a obscure pre-war genetic condition as a mutation. Not if you're one of the writers for The Frontier, but maybe like a real writer could spin that into a good plotline.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Crowetron posted:

I think you could do something interesting with the Brotherhood reacting to a obscure pre-war genetic condition as a mutation. Not if you're one of the writers for The Frontier, but maybe like a real writer could spin that into a good plotline.

You know they only chose the "feel no pain" condition because it plays into their fetish of making her into a slave who you can do anything to.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

You know they only chose the "feel no pain" condition because it plays into their fetish of making her into a slave who you can do anything to.

Yeah :smith:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wow it looks like my decision to ignore all the major NV quest mods really worked out.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DaysBefore posted:

is this whole mod an elaborate prank? her mutation is a known, natural disease and also having red hair as an asian?

jesus christ

Also the particular Brotherhood group she references were fine with mutants, so...

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Midnight Voyager posted:

Also the particular Brotherhood group she references were fine with mutants, so...

and she turned eighteen like three days before the courier showed up to sweettalk her into being his sex slave

never gonna touch this lovely mod lmao

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
instead of trying to make the mod work i deleted my new vegas instalation what the gently caress
ill stick to cp2077 and another run of resident evil 7

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

just play regular new vegas. it's still good

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Yeah the base game is still good. I'm going through it again on PC instead of PS3 like I did years ago. Just murdered Vulpes for his stupid hat in Nipton.

Haven't modded it yet. That Frontier mod.. Uh.... That's a big ol yikes.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Trying to think of what I got out of frontier that wasn't just extraneous vendor fluff. A set of machine guns I already have decent analogues for in the Mojave? A laser rifle with a secondary grenade launcher (admittedly pretty cool, but the scope is jank)? Power armor that lets me jump higher? Eh...

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqZPd29NcSQ

Okay, so it turns out that last video I posted didn't show some of the more egregious stuff, believe it or not.

Just like New California, The Frontier also felt the need to draw a connection to Lonesome Road and the nuking of Hopeville.

Edit: holy poo poo that ending what the gently caress.

... :stare:

Just... what... what was... words fail me... That whole thing is just... just...
Really, they really give you the option to just casually wipe out the core of the NCR, Legion, or both with the ultra super duper Ion Cannon... WHAT!? Unwritten slate at Hoover Dam, umm, sorry but you just kind of wiped out two civilizations there... Just gonna gloss that on over huh? OK...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfr8aU-v8o
Pure conjecture on the part of this LP around 6 minutes but those aliens honestly do look like the horrendous black caricature aliens from that piece of poo poo anime Terraformars.

Generally I wouldn't recommend this LP, though. Too many pussy and r word drops for my liking.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 27, 2021

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I mean, they might be inspired by Terraformars, but the design doesn't really keep any of the parts that make those aliens actual racist caricatures. Like... it's still a lovely design, but at most you can just question the taste of the person who made it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Don't know if this belongs here, or the Awesome/Awful Mods thread, but..

This truly has been a saga.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Cross-Section posted:

Don't know if this belongs here, or the Awesome/Awful Mods thread, but..

This truly has been a saga.

Can I get a TL;DR? The text is too small for me to read.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Twincityhacker posted:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Twincityhacker posted:

One of the Frontier devs was outed as a furry pedo artist, they've been booted from the dev team while the mod itself has been taken down while they figure out what to do

e:fb

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It just never stops with this loving mod. Jesus

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's certainly a weird reason to take down the mod, lmao.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
7 years for this. Wow.

Goonmod better be better.

https://discord.gg/fAaqjrwx

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

The internet was a mistake.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
This mod's not going to get released on Steam, is it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Max Wilco posted:

lol

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I mean, there's still a listing for it on Steam, but it still says, 'coming soon'.

Is that torrent link for it still up, or did that get axed too?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I feel a lot better about my decision to keep my old modlist for my next playthrough YOU WILL TAKE PROJECT NEVADA FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Seriously, though, the base story content of FNV is so good it's really hard to match.

Max Wilco posted:

Like Steam has any compunctions against hosting horrible content.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

at least they weren't a nazi

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There still time

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

Like Steam has any compunctions against hosting horrible content.

:hmmyes: Good point.

This is looking, uh...

I don't know this is as bad as Hunt Down the Freeman (I didn't play HDtF, though it looked like a broken mess and you had to pay for it). The Frontier seems like it had a lot more effort put behind it, but it seems very on-rails, and tonally, it seems all over the place with its content.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Agents are GO! posted:

Seriously, though, the base story content of FNV is so good it's really hard to match.

even obsidian never really got there again

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

7 years for this. Wow.

goons are cut from the exact same cloth as nexus posters and discord moderators.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
2021 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

7 years for this. Wow.

Not saying your hearts not in the right place but have you seen how poo poo the previous goon mods for games are.