Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Y3 - I FINALLY loving made it back to kamurocho lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Always glad to go back to Kamurocho but I really loved Okinawa, that was a cool city and a big reason I liked 3 so much

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Went back to Y0 to do the real estate stuff, but the disco game is impossible and I don't want to lose to this bitch rear end mf so I'm pissed and just moving on to cabarets lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive played too many rhythm games to be able to correctly play that disco game where youre not actually playing to the beat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

heehee posted:

Went back to Y0 to do the real estate stuff, but the disco game is impossible and I don't want to lose to this bitch rear end mf so I'm pissed and just moving on to cabarets lol

you gotta build multipliers by using empty spaces to beat that guy. i love the disco minigame that poo poo was tight lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Disco was my favourite minigame that wasn't mahjong. It would have made a perect kongregate game, and I wish I could rechallenge michael jackson.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

It really doesn’t hurt you that much to lose the mini game challenges. Just take the L and carry on

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Disco was my favorite mini game, racking up a big combo and making it to the right square just before the button disappears is such a sick feeling

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its really a disgrace that the DISCO minigame requires focusing your brain to neglect a 4/4 beat the entire time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the actual bits you hit are definitely to the beat it just all the movement in between doesnt need to be, i feel like if you play an instrument it shouldnt be that hard

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a disco minigame should only be about the beat

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1354581484435169282?s=20

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
got a giant cannon that fires explosive shells from a vending machine like 33 hours of gameplay ago and remembered I had it just as I got rushed by 50 goons in the Tojo clan HQ :coolspot:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I got a live tuna from a vending machine.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Nice DLing 3 now.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

No pausing during cutscenes blows. Still I know this will be great

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kiryu doing the "this is loving awesome" face.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

i was thinking the exact same thing

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

ive played too many rhythm games to be able to correctly play that disco game where youre not actually playing to the beat

yeah my brain could never adjust so I just gave up on trying for score and would watch the background, which I also never do in rhythm games. freeing experience

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

He’s doing the everybody quoting me face.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Yea lol if you have her and Eri he'll only attack the two dudes. I actually used that for a bit by having Adachi and Ichiban tank damage during rotations. I thought something was glitched at first until I put 2 and 2 together. I was just bummed that the Majima poundmate call doesn't do extra damage to kiryu
as soon as I realised that obviously Kiryu doesn't hit women other than small children, I put them both in my party and thought I was a genius. I immediately realised the flaw in this plan when, having only two targets, he immediately killed Ichiban in a couple of moves

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Does Ichiban being KO result in a game over immediately or can you revive him?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Brass Hand posted:

Does Ichiban being KO result in a game over immediately or can you revive him?

Immediate game over

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It should be noted that ichiban is the only character with an auto raise buff for this exact reason, it's pretty much a necessity for the last bosses.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

adachi also gets an auto raise buff i think but it's only available for his detective job, unlike ichiban's which is universal

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

If someone could answer without spoiling that would be great. Yakuza 3 - I'm in CH 4 and it says i'm about to go back to Kamurocho. I haven't explored much of okinawa at all so should I do all that now? I figured I'd be here for longer. I want to mess around a bit here but I guess the story moves fast>

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dw about it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Man the other cities are depressingly empty in 7... I was excited to get back to Kamurucho but there's nothing to do.

I don't like Ijincho as much at the moment, it feels kind of bland and doesn't have the same visual charm or style, but it's new and we've watched Kamurucho develop over like 7 games at this point

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Man the other cities are depressingly empty in 7... I was excited to get back to Kamurucho but there's nothing to do.

I don't like Ijincho as much at the moment, it feels kind of bland and doesn't have the same visual charm or style, but it's new and we've watched Kamurucho develop over like 7 games at this point

Same there are too many spaces with nothing to see. Similarly there are shops you use once before being too high level to bother with their wares and that’s kind of boring too.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the 3-5 collection is only 40 bucks?? drat i guess i'm buying that poo poo now even tho i won't get to it for months

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to try stop playing caberet club and play the final mission of y0 so i can move on and play the rest lol. im at like 120 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

im going to try stop playing caberet club and play the final mission of y0 so i can move on and play the rest lol. im at like 120 hours

:stare:

maybe this shouldnt have been on my annual gaming goals lol