Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Asuka vs Alexa Bliss, WWE Raw 1/25.

This is the best TV WWE has produced in years.

nth i can't believe they did it two weeks in a row

e: has there ever been a back-to-back wmotyc with the same people on the same show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wonder if every WWE Raw match by default should just go into the WMOTY column unless something happens to make it not monumentally terrible

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

graph posted:

nth i can't believe they did it two weeks in a row

e: has there ever been a back-to-back wmotyc with the same people on the same show

At least Braun vs Bray were a month apart, they did the same main event two weeks in a row and it was hot dogshit both times.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Everything Fiend and Alexa releated is worse than the end of Nitro and almost past TNA levels

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: Ren Narita vs Bateman, NJPW Strong ROAD to LION'S BREAK: CONTENDER 1/23
A solid performance from a promising Young Lion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HM: Rey Fenix vs Baron Black, AEW Dark 1/26

this match ruled

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Alaois posted:

this match ruled

Nth

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

this match ruled

Yup, easily nthing this, lots of action packed into this match and well worth watching.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
23rd January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground Night 3
GHC National Title
Kenoh vs Kazunari Murakami

Seems they are pushing Kenoh down a shoot style road at present, first he faced Sakuraba last month, here he is against Murakami. It's a fairly quick match, intense striking, submission attempts I'm really digging it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

this match ruled

:yeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th January
Ice Ribbon #1092
Random Draw Tag Match
Ibuki Hoshi & Suzu Suzuki vs Sareee & Tsukasa Fujimoto

Ice Ribbon seem to do this thing occasionally where they announce the competitors in a tag match but don't announce partners until they do a random draw just before the match begins. This is really good, helped by the fact that ¾ of the competitors (Sareee, Suzu Suzuki & Tsukasa Fujimoto) are great. At least worth watching as part of the Sareee retirement tour before she moves to a strange cult in Florida.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MOTYC, 1 / 27 AEW Dynamite, Jungle Boy vs Dax

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Jungle Boy vs. Dax Harwood - AEW Dynamite 1/27

Just a perfectly booked and executed match between two great wrestlers with a superb ending. Right on the cusp of MOTYC status.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

Third. Great match.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Just a perfectly booked and executed match between two great wrestlers with a superb ending. Right on the cusp of MOTYC status.

Agree. I don't think it was quite MOTY, but loving great match none the less.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

yeah agreed

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Yup

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

Nth. Blown away by how good that match was.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru (C) vs. El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Road to the New Beginning 1/23

Ridiculously entertaining match with a truly bizarre (but great) tail section, well worth watching.

Nth, this was hilarious.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agree with all of this.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Berzerker posted:

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

Agreed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Very enjoyable. The constraints on it meant MOTYC was out of reach, but boy can that Jungle Boy wrestle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Jungle Boy vs. Dax Harwood, AEW Dynamite, 27/01
HM: The Young Bucks/The Good Brothers vs. The Dark Order, AEW Dynamite, 27/01

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Saori Anou vs. Hibiscus Mii - Colega Pro Wrestling Stars Night (1/28)
HM: #STRONGHEARTS (CIMA & T-Hawk) vs. Keiichi Sato & Alejandro - Colega Pro Wrestling Stars Night (1/28)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cpNbd3gjY&t=2495s
(the matches are one after the other but you'll need to skip ahead ~5 minutes unless you want to watch ring cleaning)

I'm going to keep evangelizing for this promotion because it's the most fun I've had watching pro wrestling in ages and it's keeping me tuning in despite running six days a week. Saori Anou is one of the best wrestlers in the whole world. Her fluidity and flexibility are almost super human and her selling is among the best out there. Hibiscus Mii is so great as a powerhouse bully that I think she's the biggest wrestler in Colega's women's division despite being even shorter than Ancham. This match is playing off tension between the two that has been simmering since the first Colega show and Anou's last before returning to Tokyo and rules throughout, but the absolute frenetic pace they take at the end as they play off their desperation to get the victory after the three minutes remaining call is incredible and pushes it into being one of my favourite matches of the year. Anou hits a bridging straitjacket suplex into a submission hold that I will vote 2021 move of the year if she keeps doing it. I hope Anou heads back to Osaka for more Colega sooner than later (even if it means I won't get to see her in person quite so often).

The main event is another fun #STRONGHEARTS match where CIMA gets to show off that he is one of the most charismatic people in all of wrestling.

Also worth noting that Colega own their own venue and allow fans to chant and boo (and they boo quite frequently) so if you're missing live puro with crowd noise then Colega is the show to watch.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Lance Archer vs Eddie Kingston
MOTYC: Dax Harwood vs Jungle Boy
HM: Young Bucks & Good Brothers vs Dark Order

All from AEW Dynamite 27.01.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth. Folks are sleeping on the Lance Archer vs. Kingston match. It was great too!

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Kirios posted:

Nth. Folks are sleeping on the Lance Archer vs. Kingston match. It was great too!

The TNT feed cut out for a lot of people, myself included, during that match, which might be why.

Seconding the HM nomination for Bullet Club/Dark Order.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth!! What a great show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Shigehiro Irie vs. Tsubasa - Colega Pro Wrestling Saturday Night Rising Stars Grand Opening (1/23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Mp1wfB_D8&t=3062s

Could really nominate any match from this show but this was probably the best. Colega has come out of nowhere to run daily shows and it's honestly one of the highlights of my day right now. The community is great and the booking is really well done. It's showcasing a bunch of Land's End and Osaka wrestlers I'd never seen before and they're all shining. I'd strongly recommend at least watching the Saturday shows to anyone because they're supposed to be the major ones.

2nd. It's cool getting to see old OPW guys like Billy Ken Kid and TSUBASA. Irie rules obviously.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HMs from AEW Dynamite on January 27

Dax Harwood vs. Jungle Boy
Alex Reynolds, Evil Uno, John Silver, & Stu Grayson vs. Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
MOTYC AEW Dynamite 1/27/21 - Jungle Boy v Dax Harwood

My mind BOGGLES at how sick that slingshot powerbomb looked.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Kyle O'Reilly & Finn Bálor (C) vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch - NXT 1/27

aggressive, fast, and stiff. a real good match with lots of drama interspersed. oney and danny have been great workers the past year or so. not the best finish but kyle's past three matches have been awesome

graph fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jan 29, 2021

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga vs. Lulu Pencil & Minoru Fujita, ChocoPro 77, 1/1

Probably went a little long, but it was still a fun, goofy match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: #STRONGHEARTS (CIMA & T-Hawk) vs. Keiichi Sato & Alejandro - Colega Pro Wrestling Stars Night (1/28)

2nd this as a very good match. Definitely didn't resonate with the womens match though, especially as far too much of it happened outside the ring for a hardcam only show. It was still good, but a little shy of HM for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MOTYC: Yunamon & Chris Brookes vs Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga - Gatoh Move ChocoPro #85 (1/29)

Unsurprisingly, all of the cool poo poo these four come up with in Ichigaya translates out to a full ring, and they had a ballin' rear end tag title match on the Mitsuru Graduation Show