Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If the secret is money I will stop eating Sheetz for a month and contribute those funds to the cause. Should be a few grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Hustling together all my eternity shards to donate

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Strange Matter posted:

http://162.243.138.154/mh/cosmictoday.html

It was good back when it came out, but now it's got the added benefit of intense nostalgic signal boosting it.

Thank you so much for posting this. I missed this so much. I miss all of you groot force so much, except for dp.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss flying around and nuking trash

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

super sweet best pal posted:

I miss flying around and nuking trash

Literally no other ARPG has captured the feeling of mowing down dozens and dozens of guys with twenty different AOE spells and if anyone says POX approaches that experience I'm going to suffocate you with a Thingbuger

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And also gently caress whoever at Gaz decided travel powers needed to be limited.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Literally no other ARPG has captured the feeling of mowing down dozens and dozens of guys with twenty different AOE spells

WH40K Inquisitor Martyr .

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Knightsoul posted:

WH40K Inquisitor Martyr .

Tried that one. Way too clunky for my taste. Everything felt like moving through molasses. Could work for a desperate 40k fan I guess.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I hate to compliment gaz in any way, but I really think they nailed the gameplay cycle with the sub 2m boss runs to farm gear + the big, open world events like MM. All other ARPGs these days just feel like a slog and aren't nearly as social.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Literally no other ARPG has captured the feeling of mowing down dozens and dozens of guys with twenty different AOE spells and if anyone says POX approaches that experience I'm going to suffocate you with a Thingbuger

City of X on high numbers, maybe? But then you didn't quite have so many AOES.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Erdricks posted:

Thank you so much for posting this. I missed this so much. I miss all of you groot force so much, except for dp.
It simply is the most perfect representation of what made this game so good.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Quill posted:

Tried that one. Way too clunky for my taste. Everything felt like moving through molasses. Could work for a desperate 40k fan I guess.

Even for a 40k fan, it was way too janky to play for me. :saddowns:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Even for a 40k fan, it was way too janky to play for me. :saddowns:

Same, I was really let down

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So has the private server got the Immortal Hulk transformations working yet?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Praise Khonshu

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Lowtax played a fuckton of Inquisitor Martyr if that tells you anything

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
King in black raid looking good

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

MH Knights posted:

So has the private server got the Immortal Hulk transformations working yet?

"Working", yes - the basic functionality is there but it comes with a bunch of weird visual bugs. Last time I tried it my hands were replaced by squirrels.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mover posted:

Praise Khonshu

:hmmyes:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Mover posted:

Praise Khonshu

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

"Working", yes - the basic functionality is there but it comes with a bunch of weird visual bugs. Last time I tried it my hands were replaced by squirrels.

Heard about someone else who was having a similar issue except instead of squirrels it was demon babies. From what I understand it went poorly for him.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I really hope that joke post they made showing the different characters using Reed's stretchy tech ends up being put in for real, that poo poo was hilarious.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

:smith:

It's very odd to me we can't set up a private server being able to download all the game's info via Steam still. Ah well.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We're lacking the critical part that was all Gaz side, most notably the giant Frankenstein switch to turn Midtown Madness on and off.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Diabetic posted:

:smith:

It's very odd to me we can't set up a private server being able to download all the game's info via Steam still. Ah well.

a person could, with likely years of reverse-engineering, create a private server based solely on client queries for the marvel heroes client. without the database, though, it's effectively not possible to recreate marvel heroes, the game that actually existed, with the correct numbers, npc/enemy positions, text, etc.. video from the era could get you there on a surface level, maybe.

:ssh: i'm not sure that would actually matter tho, was anyone that attached to the way the game was balanced or most of the items/descriptions/etc.? seems like stuff that would see substantial revision from an active private server team anyway

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 30, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

City Of Heroes Private Servers? :allears:
Marvel Heroes Private Servers? :nallears:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Jazerus posted:

:ssh: i'm not sure that would actually matter tho, was anyone that attached to the way the game was balanced or most of the items/descriptions/etc.? seems like stuff that would see substantial revision from an active private server team anyway

As long as they keep the OG cyclops ult description.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

City of heros also lasted a lot longer.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Shame on all you for not being logged in 24x7 Marvel Goons Steam chat.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

You guys think they're gonna do a 70s Paul Bettany costume for Vision when the servers come back up?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I heard Thing Burger was such a smash hit that Denny's will serve it again this summer and they are switching Marvel Heroes back on just for the length of the promotion.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I've adopted our signature smilie in the Monster Hunter thread for talking about Hunting Horn, which is literally a giant bagpipe club that lets you bash monsters while playing songs to buff your team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ura5ZQccgM

:gaz:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You know what's loving sad?

DCUO just had its 10 year anniversary.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

And is still not as pretty as our golden game

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Don't worry, it'll get shut down too when Disney buys DC.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I give this game a try every year and it's just so..................not MH

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the upcoming Magic The Gathering MMOARPG sounds like it has a lot in common with Marvel Heroes if yall haven't seen much on that yet. F2P game, starts you off with a single class of your choice, earn currency through drops while playing to unlock other classes. it's a diablo-like focused on co-op stuff, too. just instead of gear you get card drops to build a small 'deck' out of that you draw from and play in the real-time combat. casting spells, summoning monsters that fight alongside you, all the card game stuff but like... realtime, isometric ARPG with friends. there's class skill tree stuff too, and you don't have to match the color of your cards to the color of your class so in theory there's a lot of freedom for crazy builds. possibly. need to play the game to really see.

it's entering open beta mid-March so it may be worth checking out. this feels like it could be the closest thing to a MH style game we get for a while.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Maraxus of Keld is currently bugged, strength is calculated based on number of concurrent players instead of cards in your deck, lmao

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mr. Maggy posted:

Maraxus of Keld is currently bugged, strength is calculated based on number of concurrent players instead of cards in your deck, lmao
The spirit of Marvel Heroes is strong in this one, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Will there be a character that scales with number of hot dogs eaten?