Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Another great hire. Future looking bright in Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

SKULL.GIF posted:

Another great hire. Future looking bright in Detroit.

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train coming your way

That freight train? Jahlani Tavai running wide open at 0.0001 mph trying to make a tackle.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitch trubisky

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

R.D. Mangles posted:

mitch trubisky

has limited himself to kissing only a single pair of tittiesss now. All the poor tittiesss in Chicagoland that will go unkissed. Truly a selfish quarterback.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

mitch trubisky

:hmmyes::sonia:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

has limited himself to kissing only a single pair of tittiesss now. All the poor tittiesss in Chicagoland that will go unkissed. Truly a selfish quarterback.

Hey, you don’t know what kind of relationship they have.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Titsch Mrubisky

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

jng2058 posted:

Because he was the DC of a team that made it to the NFC Conference Championship? That usually mean everyone keeps their jobs. :shrug:

the chiefs made it to the 2018 afccg and still fired bob sutton and it was the best thing they did

idk if pettine is quite at that level (have barely paid attention to the packers this year) but it's not out of the question

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1354556645154709507?s=20

So... is Mike Pettine gone, then?

I mean, they're not firing him, but how do you justify giving him a new contract after the last two years?

According to this, he declined an extension last year, so maybe he's just done with professional football? After the Browns gig, he was out for a few years, and has made noises about never wanting to be a head coach again.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Mennennga is a good shoot

lost in the discussion of Pettine's playcalling at the end of the first half was the casual 50-yard kick return that set it up

aside from Crosby's reliability, special teams been mediocre-to-bad for years, gotta fix it

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Packers need to hire someone to unfuck whatever happened to JK Scott. My longboi used to be great and needs fixing.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Packers need to hire someone to unfuck whatever happened to JK Scott. My longboi used to be great and needs fixing.

Yah, what happened with him? Last year he was super reliable and would often pin the other team inside the 15. He's been garbage this year.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
What is Dave Fipp going to do when it is revealed that he is from the Andromeda galaxy?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Houston is hiring Lovie Smith as DC

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lions coaching staff going all tanks plus one wizard with crazy eyes so far.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Mike Pettine is gone but I have no idea who on the market now is a replacement I'd want?

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 28, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Mike Pettine is gone but I have no idea who on the market now is a replacement I'd want?

I don’t see anything explicitly saying he’s gone...

Which makes me think they’re trying to offer him another contract and he’s pushing either for more money or more years. :cripes:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I don’t see anything explicitly saying he’s gone...

Which makes me think they’re trying to offer him another contract and he’s pushing either for more money or more years. :cripes:

Nah, they're just waiting to see if they can get Dom Capers back.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
well he's no longer in Minnesota (thank gently caress)

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
say what you want about trubisky, but you can't deny that he has never kicked a game losing field goal

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1354864270773780485

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1354882236097712129

*bangs table*
FORMER! PLAYER!
FORMER! PLAYER!
FORMER! PLAYER!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Lions should hire...

*hits randomizer button*

......ART MONK

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RUMPH!

*click*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

*bangs table*
FORMER! PLAYER!
FORMER! PLAYER!
FORMER! PLAYER!

What better way to gain the respect of the locker room than having a coaching staff comprised entirely of former NFL players who actually knew what it's like to play on the field?

Especially after a coach who probably couldn't even deadlift his own body weight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

RUMPH!

*click*

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The lions making good decisions mixed with terrible ones is some weird symmetry.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

The lions making good decisions mixed with terrible ones is some weird symmetry.

Which terrible decisions have they made recently?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

As a fellow lefty I am all for members of the brotherhood getting jobs. This is also why my choice for the Lions' new QB is Tim Tebow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

Which terrible decisions have they made recently?

Every second they haven't traded for Watson is unforgivable and can only be redeemed by trading for Watson.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

What better way to gain the respect of the locker room than having a coaching staff comprised entirely of former NFL players who actually knew what it's like to play on the field?

If the NBA is any guide, those old players will all grouse about the current generation/game being too soft.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

tinstaach posted:

As a fellow lefty I am all for members of the brotherhood getting jobs. This is also why my choice for the Lions' new QB is Tim Tebow.

tim tebow, neither right-handed nor left

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

MJeff posted:

Every second they haven't traded for Watson is unforgivable and can only be redeemed by trading for Watson.

This is a terrible idea. We have too many holes to fill, the picks we'd need to give up are completely necessary even using Stafford as a buffer.

edit: Sorry not sure if you're being sarcastic

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

didn't stafford kneel during the anthem

texans would never take him as part of a trade package

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I would imagine Stafford wants to go to a team that can win, also.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hope he goes to indy and gets a ring.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Trade him to Indy and send whatever you get back plus your #7 this year and first-rounder next year to Houston for Watson, bing bong so simple

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every QB in the league is going to Indy.
The first all QB team on offense and defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Every QB in the league is going to Indy.
The first all QB team on offense and defense

Like Matt Millen and his wideouts.