Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Homocow posted:

wait are people seriously buying dogecoin?

what the gently caress is going on

Chinatown was taking a poo then slipped and cracked his head on the toilet seat, in his concussed state he put his life saving in dogecoin. Now he is a dogecoin millionaire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wtf i decided to buy doge on rh for yucks a couple hours ago and it said order pending and it won't let me see the order or cancel it but the money is still gone

NewPlayer
Apr 17, 2020

this is the most fun i've had with 20$ since highschool

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

get the gently caress out of dogecoin right now you loving goons

take your 6x gains and run and be thankful volume is high enough to cash out. DONT TRADE CRYPTO

All I hear is "BUY BUY BUY"

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

take your 6x gains and run and be thankful volume is high enough to cash out. DONT TRADE CRYPTO

counterpoint: get out of dogecoin in about 6 hours people are still trying to figure out how to buy it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

seriously all you dogecoin millionaires are gonna gnash and wail when nobody wants to buy your shitcoins and it plummets to 1 cent after, like, 20 minutes from now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hirsute posted:

this must be what it felt like during the gold rush days in california and the yukon in the 19th century except without all the toothless overalls-wearing prospectors cackling about gold in them thar hills and drinking moonshine from comically large jugs

ZOUNDS

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Still riding on AMC but got to be honest I might pick up some GME if they push it back down to 150 early in the morning

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Does AMC have the potential to cause a cascading financial crisis, though? I really hope it does

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GADZOOKS IVE BEEN GUTSHOT

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Blaziken386 posted:

i feel like if more people had played MMOs in middle school, it wouldnt have taken them so long to understand this

did anyone ever talk about Steve Bannon being behind the majority of gold farming in WoW 2004-2010 and if u ever bought gold for USD you gave him money

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

lol gently caress you money isn't real

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Justin Tyme posted:

no

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Justin Tyme posted:

seriously all you dogecoin millionaires are gonna gnash and wail when nobody wants to buy your shitcoins and it plummets to 1 cent after, like, 20 minutes from now

Let people ride the wave, currently there is no such thing as sound advice because we live in chaos

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dolphin posted:

wtf i decided to buy doge on rh for yucks a couple hours ago and it said order pending and it won't let me see the order or cancel it but the money is still gone

That happened to me but like an hour later it showed up

Check your sell button it's def there

Seth Pecksniff has issued a correction as of 04:47 on Jan 29, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Justin Tyme posted:

That's the magic of crypto

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers

Xaris posted:

where do you live? we have a bunch of non-us people (canadian, brazilian, etc) peeps here you can ask like dead gay comedy forums and stuff

never heard of passfolio but it seems potentially usable i guess. i'm not seeing any immediate scary red flags

UK

Looking into it the funds have to be transferred internationally, I was expecting them to have a local account to make it easier to avoid fees. I'll keep looking.

Alternatively how does this spread to local stock markets. The UK hedge funders are all born to rule literal inbred aristocrats so we despise them even more than your pale shadow Ivy League aristocrat-lites.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The crypto feels like the thing you buy if you want a piece of the class action but we're to cowardly to have durring the fuckery.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Misato > Asuka > Ritsuko > Kaworu > Maya > Yui > Rei

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

1stGear posted:

im actually going to wake up early on my day off to watch all this go down lmao 2021 owns

I already told my manager I'm gonna be distracted as gently caress at work tomorrow morning. He said it was ok, so would he.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

low key sex master posted:

That happened to me nut like an hour later it showed up

Check your sell button it's def there
it says "pending" and i hit cancel and it says "order cannot be cancelled"

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

counterpoint: HODL!!!!

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
"The hedges will look up and shout, "issue more stock!" And I'll whisper...no..." Gamestop CEO, probably

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
found an old wallet.dat with like 3000 dogecoin i mined in 2014. To the moon, please!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
for canadians, wealthsimple trader or whatever it's called has explicitly said they wont stop you from buying stonks, and seem to be taking a "gently caress the hedge funds" angle to garner interest

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sarsapariller posted:

Still riding on AMC but got to be honest I might pick up some GME if they push it back down to 150 early in the morning

no chance it's at 350 ah because they still need to cover and nobody is selling it'll open higher than it did today

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

NAKD BBW > 2D THOTS

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Forget that crap, here's a real investment opportunity for goons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSVa6sqz0g

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I love everything that is going on, eat the rich, keep up the good work

I bought NOK cause I'm a coward and it's a decent hold anyways. Also I couldn't afford GME this morning because it jumped $75 above my play money balance while I was trying to make the trade lol

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dolphin posted:

The real roulette is what price will it buy at? Will you get it at .02 and immediately make a profit or .08c and immediately get hosed? So exciting.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Entropist posted:

found an old wallet.dat with like 3000 dogecoin i mined in 2014. To the moon, please!
i think i might have done that actually... how do i find that

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dolphin posted:

Ok weird it's probably glitching out then

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
how are people even buying doge all the exchanges are timing out for me

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
GME + NAKD

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1354947541863780365

lmao that Chamath is shilling his robinhood competitor

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Here's what TD Ameritrade sent me about trading restrictions:

text editor posted:

Securities with trading restrictions

We have placed some restrictions on the following securities. These restrictions will not prevent clients from making basic buy and sell transactions. This list is as of January 28, 2021, 4:00PM ET.

AMC, CVM, EXPR, FOSL, GME, NOK, BB, BBBY, FIZZ, GSX, IRBT, NCMI, TR, UONE, VIR, NAK, NAKD, DDS, KOSS

The following restrictions are in place:

Stocks - 100% holding requirement (not marginable)
Long calls and puts are allowed
Covered call and short put orders may only be placed with a broker. Please be aware that wait times to speak with a broker may be longer than normal due to current market conditions.
Covered calls only allowed if your account currently has the shares
Short puts only if you have the maintenance/cash to cover the entire exercise amount of the short puts
All other complex options orders will not be accepted
We may also implement additional restrictions on the opening of option trades that expire Friday, January 29th

The emphasis on covered calls and selling options makes me think they don't want to deal with buying any of those stocks themselves on behalf of its users.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
im gona gamble away all my money on crypto and tell my landlord that money is fake

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/business/status/1354978848912375811?s=20

lmao

bear sterns vibes baby

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
They're gonna find a way to blame dogecoin for whatever happens tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can respect that.