Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the corona quid posted:

You’ve spent the past couple of days taking the piss out of a dude for something completely out of his control. gently caress off.
To be fair though it's not outside his control, there is a very fine and soon to be knighted example in the grid of how it can be controlled. Which then makes it Seb's conscious choice as a German who exercises his raw and irresistible will over himself and the world. Phwoar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To be fair though it's not outside his control, there is a very fine and soon to be knighted example in the grid of how it can be controlled. Which then makes it Seb's conscious choice as a German who exercises his raw and irresistible will over himself and the world. Phwoar.

I don't think hair transplants can replace a completely barren scalp. It's more a solution for receding hairlines like Lewis had. If your situation is like Vettel it helps thinning hair look thicker for a while until everything except the transplanted hair falls off and you kind of look ridiculous (happened to my father).

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Seb Reddington

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Watching Monaco '88 and loving Walker's running count of the number of chassis Andrea de Cesaris has destroyed. Truly the Grosjean of his time.

Wikipedia posted:

"Due to the frequent crashes, he earned the nickname "Andrea de Crasheris".

Which one of the thread elders wrote this one?

bgreman fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 29, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Couple of salty bald dudes itt

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So just so I understand, its all good to poo poo all over Hamilton and his hair/plugs but jokes about seb being bald are off limits? This is a legit question because you can't do one and then complain about the other. Or you can I guess because I couldn't care less.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

Like, I've been biting my tongue on his for the last day or so, but gently caress it, it's worth eating a sixer/30-dayer or more for.

lol at not having the testicular fortitude to double down on your lovely "bald = bad" narrative and gently caress off with that false 'rich bald white man' poo poo you loving coward.

Going bald is not fun, it eats away at your confidence. It sucks. It's a fact of life, but it sucks. Making it a 'rich white guy' problem is extremely regressive and you can get hosed for that.

Does someone want a hug?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Custard Undies posted:

So just so I understand, its all good to poo poo all over Hamilton and his hair/plugs but jokes about seb being bald are off limits? This is a legit question because you can't do one and then complain about the other. Or you can I guess because I couldn't care less.

As a balding white man I can see myself in seb. Quite literally, it's a very shiny scalp.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Azza Bamboo posted:

I can see myself in seb.

Fnaarrrrrr fnaaarrrrrrr!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Azza Bamboo posted:

As a balding white man I can see myself in seb. Quite literally, it's a very shiny scalp.

:xd:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Sebaldstian Vettbald

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I love that seb is embracing his middle age and not pretending he's an up and coming young driver anymore, but on the other hand he's bald and that is funny.

I hope he also regrows his moustache

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
i remember when we used to mockingly call seb justin bieber

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Is bald shaming 2nd lookism?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hair causes aero drag, seb would rather have the pace than the looks

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

No need to bald shame but anybody wanting more hair is free to get some of mine. My covid hair is horrible, barbers open soon please.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

hair causes aero drag, seb would rather have the pace than the looks

However he’s in a helmet, so it doesn’t matter. The real win is he’s now lighter and they can increase the ballast to meet the minimum weight, lowering the center of gravity. Big brain stuff.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Big brain would raise the centre of gravity

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I hope he also regrows his moustache

Given how severe those pictures look (especially compared to Abu Dhabi two months ago), I honestly thought the bald pics were him just loving around like he did with the mustache. Most younger guys that start going bald seem to prefer either shaving their heads (e.g. all bald Youtubers) or doing the all-over short buzz. If he's sticking with the old man horseshoe, though, he should bring that mustache back to really sell the look.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

His hair has been disguising his hairline a bit lately, and wearing a cap all the time makes it easy to ignore. I'm guessing he's just buzzed it all off since getting haircuts at the moment isn't easy.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Had a interview nice chat with the guy at Merc that does my job there, good guy tbh wouldn't mind working with him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus posted:

Had a interview nice chat with the guy at Merc that does my job there, good guy tbh wouldn't mind working with him

Lord knows you’re due some success

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why would you want to leave Williams just before Our Jense leads a magical turnaround in their fortunes?

Edit: Herr Loss, lmao

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Merc can afford a second pdf maker? Ham must not have signed.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Just saw this and as much as Verstappen is a wanker it did make me laugh because Bottas is a joke

https://twitter.com/F1Daniel_/status/1355174291093000194?s=19

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I’ve learned so much from this thread. I just completed a race in GT Sport and did not great in the Merc GT3 car. I am now switching to the only non-fraudulent car the Ferrari

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Skim Milk posted:

I’ve learned so much from this thread. I just completed a race in GT Sport and did not great in the Merc GT3 car. I am now switching to the only non-fraudulent car the Ferrari

What is your opinion on cast iron and air fryers?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

What is your opinion on cast iron and air fryers?

excuse me the italian names for their engine block and turbo duct are way longer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Skim Milk posted:

Congratulations op this is gaming with power

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

People kept talking about air fryers and then I googled that they’re just convection ovens and it’s just a marketing thing that they sell them as a separate tool and now I’m ready to fight about them.

Also lol I don’t know if it’s specific to america but somehow people insist that it’s “healthier” because it doesn’t use oil as they immediately ‘air fry’ several dozen tater tots to cover in ketchup and cheese.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thanks Ants posted:

Edit: Herr Loss, lmao

heh

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Skim Milk posted:

the mercedes gt3 is a non fraudulent car as it isn't manufactured in britain unlike the fraudulent formula1 car

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
seb should bring back the moustache imo

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Anime Store Adventure posted:

People kept talking about air fryers and then I googled that they’re just convection ovens and it’s just a marketing thing that they sell them as a separate tool and now I’m ready to fight about them.

Also lol I don’t know if it’s specific to america but somehow people insist that it’s “healthier” because it doesn’t use oil as they immediately ‘air fry’ several dozen tater tots to cover in ketchup and cheese.

Do you also get mad if people have a toaster oven?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don’t have an air fryer. Do not plan on getting an air fryer. The argument that the air fryer is an absurd creation because of the existence of the convection oven and people should just tear out and throw out their perfectly fine normal oven for a convection one instead of an air fryer is loving insane.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Probably because it's literally healthier without the oil lmao

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It's nice to use our combo toaster oven air fryer thing if I'm making food for one or a snack for teo. Much faster.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If they just called the fuckin thing a convection (toaster) oven I wouldn’t throw a fit about it.

your friend wicka posted:

Probably because it's literally healthier without the oil lmao

Okay fair, I was drunk and did an awful job explaining what I meant. I was trying pick at the people who act like the difference between them being fit and fat was the air fryer, rather than the fact they’re eating a shitload of bad food either way.

The Big Jesus posted:

It's nice to use our combo toaster oven air fryer thing if I'm making food for one or a snack for teo. Much faster.

This is also reasonable. I just fuckin hate the hype and want people to stop pretending it’s some space age poo poo when it’s just a god drat convection oven. I’m not buying another $400 loving kitchen gadget to try and carve out a niche for. I’ve made it this far with my other heat sources and my tacos have never once come out too sweet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If they just called the fuckin thing a convection (toaster) oven I wouldn’t throw a fit about it.

It must frustrate you that your parents didn't name you Pedantic oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Have you heard of this thing called marketing? It turns out if you change the name of a product it can sell more.