Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I guess I'm going to play Breath of the Wild if this game sucks I blame the chat thread

It's the swim up bar of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Following those nerds advice and logic for the last week has done me pretty well, so I’m happy with my decision to leave 80% of my shares intact. Hold hold hold. It’s me and the house husband clinging champagne glasses on a private jet, suckers!

(I seriously can’t believe there are folks who have MILLIONS at stake who are still holding holy HELL)

Let's loving go 😎

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Following those nerds advice and logic for the last week has done me pretty well, so I’m happy with my decision to leave 80% of my shares intact. Hold hold hold. It’s me and the house husband clinging champagne glasses on a private jet, suckers!

(I seriously can’t believe there are folks who have MILLIONS at stake who are still holding holy HELL)

I'm sure there must be some, but likely far fewer than are claimed on Reddit.

Grittybeard posted:

Is this like an actual career path? I feel like I know so little about wall street that studying mechanical engineering might actually be the way to get a cushy job moving money around if you've got connections.

Or do you just mean they have the choice to work for the most soulless people in the world?

Yeah basically people the wall street firms identify as likely candidates get recruited. Anyone they think could be Very Clever at writing algo code. So I dunno so much for mech eng specifically, but broader eng degrees, comp sci, maths nerds, etc. As well as, of course, anyone majoring in finance.

The key thing though is to go to the right school. They're all expensive fuckin' schools.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/career-compensation/091616/heres-where-investment-banks-are-recruiting-gs-c.asp

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Alex Jones got into a massive loving fight with a 20 year old boogaloo boy and I cant recommend today's episode of knowledge fight podcast covering it enough

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1355073043404472323?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/1355055615035518976

wheres the goddamn guillotine

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Ponzi schemes are where you think you'll make money on a stupid investment, I know all of us are a little dumb, but surely you weren't dumb enough to think this forum would get you a profit.

Hey it worked for that one good who ran off with fantasy football winnings, it can work for me too!!

So uh anyone wanna join my fantasy football league?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1355099306966003718

i wish i could affect the markets by farting

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hedge funds have been trying to short tesla for a few years now. Hes getting the best kind of revenge.

Also. Aoc has gone fully soft on loving hedge funds the gently caress up by talking both sides bullshit. gently caress her.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

God I loving hate Elon Musk.

Living proof that most Americans are complete susceptible morons.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So many people on Reddit have been railing against the rich and powerful for market manipulation but literally the richest and most powerful person in the world habitually manipulates the market with his twitter account “for the memes” and they worship him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Musk isn’t the richest guy, that’s Bezos. Give ol Musky a break!

I don’t like that Marjorie Taylor Greene’s initials match up with Magic the Gathering.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So many people on Reddit have been railing against the rich and powerful for market manipulation but literally the richest and most powerful person in the world habitually manipulates the market with his twitter account “for the memes” and they worship him.

Because the GME thing has nothing to do with railing against the rich and powerful and everything to do with feeling rich and powerful themselves. They’d put themselves at the top in a second if they could, at the expense of everyone else.

A bunch of them hate hedge funds because musk hates short sellers. Many people think Tesla over valued so they short it, which he takes as a personal affront.

This has been my armchair psych podcast, thanks for listening

Also yes obviously Reddit is large and blah blah blah, r/wsb are the exact people who love musk the venmo diagram is a perfect circle

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Musk isn’t the richest guy, that’s Bezos. Give ol Musky a break!

I don’t like that Marjorie Taylor Greene’s initials match up with Magic the Gathering.

Musk recently passed Bezos.

I hate that I knew this already and only included that link as proof. But now you know it too.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Grittybeard posted:

I hate that I knew this already and only included that link as proof. But now you know it too.

IIRC Bezos passed Musk again a few days later

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

on the bored wop posted:

IIRC Bezos passed Musk again a few days later

Thank you, I feel slightly better that I did not know this.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sure there must be some, but likely far fewer than are claimed on Reddit.

Unless you think folks are photoshopping poo poo, nope.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Honestly, I didn't even realize he was anywhere close to Bezos. I know his net worth is mostly tied up in Tesla being way over priced though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1354949524700205066?s=19

I'm case you forgot that it's a big club and you ain't in it

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1355153736654438405

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Recruiter told me they're holding off on sending the offer until Q2

:negative:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This will be review brigaded to be the highest rated movie of all time on every website.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I'd heard rumors of this but what's the difference? Is it new scenes? Completely re-filmed? Just edited differently?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fuuuuuuck that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'd heard rumors of this but what's the difference? Is it new scenes? Completely re-filmed? Just edited differently?

They spent $70m on re-shooting some footage and special effects. It's extremely funny.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

At least you're getting an offer!!! I have faith they'll stick to it. It's 2021!!!!!!!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

$GME is back to $330 and trading was halted on it again

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

They spent $70m on re-shooting some footage and special effects. It's extremely funny.

Did they improve the mustache thing

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I watched like half of Justice League and it was boring as hell. I'll probably still watch this eventually though because what the gently caress else do I have to do?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ffffffffff

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli does your sister do this

https://twitter.com/panoparker/status/1354768184566575105

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity! posted:

Fuuuuuuck that

Yeah, happy I'm not and wasn't actively looking for a job or jobless.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

At least you're getting an offer!!! I have faith they'll stick to it. It's 2021!!!!!!!!!

This too, I'm hoping they stick to it.

Kalli posted:

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, just for fun though. Goat horns do crack and break if they get too crazy with them, and it's super gross when it does (there's blood vessels in there and it looks like a murder scene when it happens), but it's always the adults doing that. Babies can't generate the force necessary.

Savvier goats use their horns to hook the collars of other goats and then they are in control

The most annoying thing my sis's goats have been doing lately is they strung lights up around the farm so it'd be easier to do stuff when it's dark and the goats won't stop pulling them down and eating them.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 29, 2021

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Honestly, I didn't even realize he was anywhere close to Bezos. I know his net worth is mostly tied up in Tesla being way over priced though.

over-valued, and I would largely agree. they have so much of their cash flow turned over in things "not making and selling cars" that it's hard to take their value seriously.

for funsies this evening because my brain wandered over to it, I downloaded GameStop's 2020 10k to try and see what the real details are. hope you have a better Friday than me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is the right take for the GameStop / Robinhood business, imo

https://twitter.com/aaronhuertas/status/1355153781063905281

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Also this

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1355142535165915138

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

"if you didn't know what a gamma squeeze was 48 hours ago, you are [WSB's] exit strategy and the down payment on their next Porsche"

dead rear end accurate

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The house always wins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

75% of that kids stories are other kids sad they missed the peak. Lmao. What is this reporting?

And anyone betting their RENT money on this poo poo.. yikes. They’re in trouble anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah, happy I'm not and wasn't actively looking for a job or jobless.

Sorry, man. As someone whose also trying to get out of their current job, getting told some poo poo like that loving sucks.