Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

ozymandius1024 posted:

The anecdotes of a dude who gets paid multiple millions for this bullshit :suicide:

Proof sucking up to 1%ers is a viable and lucrative career strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like Easterby will get more crazy as he gets more power and becomes more paranoid he will lose it.

That’s how these things tend to go

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Texans scouts are telling me they believe Zach Wilson to have ++ spiritual perception.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I can't imagine being a smart, talented person who's good at your job and you have to listen to this moron lecturing you and your co-workers everyday for an hour, and then afterwards you know he's having dinner with the boss and whispering sweet nothings to him the whole time.

Also...

https://twitter.com/BenJefferies79/status/1353978436440698880

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 26, 2021

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I can't imagine being a smart, talented person who's good at your job and you have to listen to this moron lecturing you and your co-workers everyday for an hour, and then afterwards you know he's having dinner with the boss and whispering sweet nothings to him the whole time.

Yes I too work at a job

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

dirty shrimp money posted:

Proof sucking up to 1%ers is a viable and lucrative career strategy

You'd have to be pretty dumb to not know that, though

There's a reason most of us don't do it

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

General Dog posted:

Texans scouts are telling me they believe Zach Wilson to have ++ spiritual perception.

Problem is they believe that spirit is Lucifer

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Thats some next level Machiavellian genius type poo poo. In just 2 clever questions, he's ascertained that this dude: 1, likes basketball and 2, thinks he's better than everyone he plays with. Now watch as we bend this poor sap to our will, just by manipulating those pressure points. Maybe casually gift him a couple basketballs. Maybe get your close personal friend Michael Jordan to play him. Like puddy in your hand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's the kind of poo poo people do because they think that's what smart, devious people do

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Man, imagine how smart you’d have to be to discern, in only two questions, that a guy who plays basketball at a highly competitive level at least kinda likes basketball and is better at it than most people he spends time with socially.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Biases masquerading as wisdom.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Now we know why Deshaun wants out regardless of who they bring in as head coach

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I listened to thirty seconds of that and I don’t even want to be a fan anymore of course he wants out

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

David Culley

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

And Lovie Smith

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1354805090947743748

How many good players remain on the team for Easterby to alienate? I'm assuming Watt is gone too.

Cooks, Tunsil? Hargreaves?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

How many good players remain on the team for Easterby to alienate? I'm assuming Watt is gone too.

Watt is probably the biggest threat to Easterby left (after Watson) so he's probably gone.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Watt is actually cooked so moving on from him might not be a bad thing.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SKULL.GIF posted:

cooks isn't good anymore

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

They probably can't afford to trade both Watson and Tunsil since they both got extended before this season. Watson alone is going to be a $20m+ cap hit if they trade him and they're already $20m over the cap so they'll have to cut David Johnson, Cooks, Watt and maybe more just to get under the cap after trading Watson

They'll have to try to trade Tunsil after next season

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I say they just hold onto Watson this year and see what happens. If he wants to sit, let him sit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

General Dog posted:

I say they just hold onto Watson this year and see what happens. If he wants to sit, let him sit.

He isn't going to change his mind and they're in desperate need of draft assets. This is their opportunity to reset the franchise with multiple first rounders in the next couple of drafts. They could come away with multiple firsts starting this year because of the Jets and Dolphins, including either the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft.

I can't see how keeping him on the roster benefits them at all.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Trade him and get as many draft assets as possible and then

Intruder posted:

Watson alone is going to be a $20m+ cap hit if they trade him and they're already $20m over the cap so they'll have to cut David Johnson, Cooks, Watt and maybe more just to get under the cap after trading Watson

actually do this and or trade them. bottom right the gently caress out. it will at least amuse me

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ehud posted:

He isn't going to change his mind and they're in desperate need of draft assets. This is their opportunity to reset the franchise with multiple first rounders in the next couple of drafts. They could come away with multiple firsts starting this year because of the Jets and Dolphins, including either the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft.

I can't see how keeping him on the roster benefits them at all.

Yeah but it would be funny.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

General Dog posted:

If you're the Texans:
If you want to replace him, you have to get rid of him. The top teams that want him are the top teams in the draft, and you'll at least be able to move on immediately with the assets you get
If you don't move him, you have no first Or second rounders this year and you have no QB because he Will sit, McCown is likely transitioning to the coaching staff, and McCarron is a free agent

You have no leverage in this situation

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Weird that the organization run by an evangelist seems to be damned.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Easterby furiously texting "this is god's will" to McNair every half hour

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
so which illegal fetish is jack easterby hiding that will eventually topple his empire?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Magicpants posted:

so which illegal fetish is jack easterby hiding that will eventually topple his empire?

Not illegal, but I'm guessing humiliation.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

General Dog posted:

Not illegal, but I'm guessing humiliation.

Ah, a disciple of Jerry Falwell Jr.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Ah, a disciple of Jerry Falwell Jr.

This is deeply offensive; cuckoldry is not inherently humiliating for the cuck.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Magicpants posted:

He posts in C-SPAM.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

fartknocker posted:

He posts in C-SPAM.

Oh come on Easterby can't be that depraved.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fartknocker posted:

He posts in C-SPAM.

hosed up, don't even joke about that

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
There's a secret safe in Easterby's office that contains dozens of notebooks, every single page filled to the edges with various comical misspellings of TRUMP

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would bet one million gamestop shares that Easterby is MAGA as hell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1355004926519218177?s=09

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/1347367860029566977

Some people lasted for days. Six hours is 5 carries for 21 yards.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/1347367860029566977

Some people lasted for days. Six hours is 5 carries for 21 yards.

this is like the most standard southern evangelical bullshit you'd hear during a sunday sermon

just needs a little joke about the local college rivalry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ahahaha