Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Man, GME is just boring today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

The original suspected merger announcement was this weekend so it's possible CCIV is going up on bets that the merger announcement will still happen.

gregday
May 23, 2003

FWIW

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/joint-statement-market-volatility-2021-01-29

Statement of Acting Chair Lee and Commissioners Peirce, Roisman, and Crenshaw Regarding Recent Market Volatility
Acting Chair Allison Herren Lee
Commissioner Hester M. Peirce
Commissioner Elad L. Roisman
Commissioner Caroline A. Crenshaw

Jan. 29, 2021

The Commission is closely monitoring and evaluating the extreme price volatility of certain stocks’ trading prices over the past several days. Our core market infrastructure has proven resilient under the weight of this week’s extraordinary trading volumes. Nevertheless, extreme stock price volatility has the potential to expose investors to rapid and severe losses and undermine market confidence.

As always, the Commission will work to protect investors, to maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and to facilitate capital formation. The Commission is working closely with our regulatory partners, both across the government and at FINRA and other self-regulatory organizations, including the stock exchanges, to ensure that regulated entities uphold their obligations to protect investors and to identify and pursue potential wrongdoing. The Commission will closely review actions taken by regulated entities that may disadvantage investors or otherwise unduly inhibit their ability to trade certain securities.

In addition, we will act to protect retail investors when the facts demonstrate abusive or manipulative trading activity that is prohibited by the federal securities laws. Market participants should be careful to avoid such activity. Likewise, issuers must ensure compliance with the federal securities laws for any contemplated offers or sales of their own securities.

The Commission will continue our work on behalf of investors and the markets. In this regard, we hope to facilitate a robust public dialogue among market participants and investors on the structure and operation of our securities markets. Members of the public can submit tips or complaints through the Commission’s website using this online form. Members of the public with questions should contact the Commission’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy at 1-800-732-0330, ask a question using this online form, or email us at Help@SEC.gov.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Rolo posted:

I’m currently in GIK SNPR CCIV FUSE AACQ.

I have leftovers from my ridiculous doge adventure and I’m thinking about getting in IPOD and IPOF.

Any thoughts?

i was thinking about those two as well but dont want to spread thinner

im only in CCIV, GIK, and BTAQ

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gregday posted:

FWIW

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/joint-statement-market-volatility-2021-01-29

Statement of Acting Chair Lee and Commissioners Peirce, Roisman, and Crenshaw Regarding Recent Market Volatility
Acting Chair Allison Herren Lee
Commissioner Hester M. Peirce
Commissioner Elad L. Roisman
Commissioner Caroline A. Crenshaw

Jan. 29, 2021

The Commission is closely monitoring and evaluating the extreme price volatility of certain stocks’ trading prices over the past several days. Our core market infrastructure has proven resilient under the weight of this week’s extraordinary trading volumes. Nevertheless, extreme stock price volatility has the potential to expose investors to rapid and severe losses and undermine market confidence.

As always, the Commission will work to protect investors, to maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and to facilitate capital formation. The Commission is working closely with our regulatory partners, both across the government and at FINRA and other self-regulatory organizations, including the stock exchanges, to ensure that regulated entities uphold their obligations to protect investors and to identify and pursue potential wrongdoing. The Commission will closely review actions taken by regulated entities that may disadvantage investors or otherwise unduly inhibit their ability to trade certain securities.

In addition, we will act to protect retail investors when the facts demonstrate abusive or manipulative trading activity that is prohibited by the federal securities laws. Market participants should be careful to avoid such activity. Likewise, issuers must ensure compliance with the federal securities laws for any contemplated offers or sales of their own securities.

The Commission will continue our work on behalf of investors and the markets. In this regard, we hope to facilitate a robust public dialogue among market participants and investors on the structure and operation of our securities markets. Members of the public can submit tips or complaints through the Commission’s website using this online form. Members of the public with questions should contact the Commission’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy at 1-800-732-0330, ask a question using this online form, or email us at Help@SEC.gov.

Not sure why you bolded that, it appears to be saying nothing?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

thats not candy posted:

i was thinking about those two as well but dont want to spread thinner

im only in CCIV, GIK, and BTAQ

AACQ is a good bet.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

GrandmaParty posted:

AACQ is a good bet.

yeah i had it at nav and then sold at the first pop for 15% but it looks pretty good again so i just bought some more

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

update from https://isthesqueezesquoze.com

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wifi Toilet posted:

Man, GME is just boring today.

Yeah, kinda right? Much flatter than I was expecting.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

Well this is a big drop from the previous numbers.

I’d say that the bump ah yesterday was a lot of short exiting at the lower available prices. If this is where we are I have a hard time seeing a realistic ceiling being 1000 like Reddit would have you believe

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
I think there is a person here that posted about this, but sell your calls for today. do not let them expire in the money.

Jesus Christ

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I really was expecting fireworks today but it's been quite sedate, relatively.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bardeh posted:

I really was expecting fireworks today but it's been quite sedate, relatively.

Robinhood compromising on "you can buy but not more than 5 shares" is still putting a pretty heavy hamper on moonshots, probably

not sure where the other free platforms are sitting

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah, kinda right? Much flatter than I was expecting.

I feel like the fact that RH users can only buy 5 shares max if they had 0 shares has affected the pricing and volume a decent amount

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I feel like once Gamestop ends, Nokia and BB are going to be hit hard as well. I can't wait for the end of the day. :shrug:
Wondering if it's safer to evacuate my Nokia now and pick up again after a slump.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/1355163433700745220

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is that 5 shares at a go? Or are they restricting you to holding 5 shares if you didn't already have more? If the latter, that's super fucky.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Is that 5 shares at a go? Or are they restricting you to holding 5 shares if you didn't already have more? If the latter, that's super fucky.

You can only have a total of 5 shares. If you had more, you can't buy any

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I feel like the fact that multiple billionaires are getting behind WSB to "stick it to the man" should uh, maybe make some people think twice about whether the man is being stuck to or not.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

DoubleT2172 posted:

Oof yeah that's really restrictive.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

ranbo das posted:

I feel like the fact that multiple billionaires are getting behind WSB to "stick it to the man" should uh, maybe make some people think twice about whether the man is being stuck to or not.

Yeah people unironically posting tweets from Elon, the Winklevoss Twins, Justin Sun, Mark Cuban etc supporting 'the little guy' should make some alarm bells ring lol

edit: off the top of my head the only people who are anti-wsb at this point is that one elderly billionaire and various cnbc talking heads

Akarshi fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 29, 2021

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Well I can't do "complex orders" like selling covered calls for AMC on ToS. That sucks. The premiums are just sitting there for the taking.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DoubleT2172 posted:

So much for the free market. What a crock.

a friend in need
Jul 7, 2018

Oscar Wild posted:

Well I can't do "complex orders" like selling covered calls for AMC on ToS. That sucks. The premiums are just sitting there for the taking.

The premiums were loving insane a few days ago. Like $12 for strike 30. Even right now they are $5. If you were selling calls a few days ago you are probably making good money.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Akarshi posted:

edit: off the top of my head the only people who are anti-wsb at this point is that one elderly billionaire and various cnbc talking heads
Also the people who stand to lose billions of dollars because they are stupid, don't forget them

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bedlam posted:

The original suspected merger announcement was this weekend so it's possible CCIV is going up on bets that the merger announcement will still happen.

I would not be shocked if people want to hold merger announces until after the memes die down though.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

ReidRansom posted:

So much for the free market. What a crock.

You don't understand. If the proles could own more than 5 shares, they might be able to overturn the applecart.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

GME broke out of that sub 320 lull it was in there and hanging around 340 now

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1355182903584579589?s=19

oof

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

So is Fidelity ok in that it does not sell your trade info to a HFT company milliseconds before they execute it?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Femtosecond posted:

CNBC hosts have been like politely furious that AAPL hasn't gone to the moon after their completely absurdly fantastic quarterly numbers and instead the fact that they have to cover GME.

Yeah me too. The results were absurd. Like the numbers analysts were expecting were absurd, and they crushed some of those numbers by like 10%. They should have gotten a giant bump. Like nearly current every price target is an upside up to $175.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Yeah me too. The results were absurd. Like the numbers analysts were expecting were absurd, and they crushed some of those numbers by like 10%. They should have gotten a giant bump. Like nearly current every price target is an upside up to $175.

move ur GME winnings to AAPL folks (seriously)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah for real

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
Ok. I’m trying to set my shares at a sell limit of $8k. Ya know. Just in case. TDA says it can’t because ‘Your limit is significantly higher than the last traded price. Confirm you are trading the correct security.’

So what the gently caress? I have to wait for the stock to get past 8000 before the let me set the limit? What am I missing here?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why is it not going up

Is it me

Was I the gogogadetchris all along

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston
So at what point today do short sellers have to start buying gme stock to cover their shorts, or is that just something reddit tells itself to feel better about their positions?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SabinBlitz posted:

Ok. I’m trying to set my shares at a sell limit of $8k. Ya know. Just in case. TDA says it can’t because ‘Your limit is significantly higher than the last traded price. Confirm you are trading the correct security.’

So what the gently caress? I have to wait for the stock to get past 8000 before the let me set the limit? What am I missing here?

I think it has to be less than 10x the market price?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

SabinBlitz posted:

You aren't missing anything. TDA change the rules yesterday (I assume, no confirmation.) I have sell orders set at 10,000 that are still valid (that i placed earlier in the week)

E: Double edits added in parenthesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lmao if he put this out there than doesn't do it.