Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/saintknives/status/1355145609813127171

she is wearing sneakers, though, I'm told that's worth a lot these days

love too dress like a watermelon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Flavius Aetass posted:

love too dress like a watermelon

I've turned myself into a watermelon Morty! I'm Watermelon Ellllllllllllllla

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

actionjackson posted:

is that an oil painting

sebum oil

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Stole the shirt from the photonegative version of waldo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This sucks; I didn't realize they were planning on loosening requirements in the first place, but it'd be really nice if they did. I'm lucky enough to have a suboxone doctor who is really hands-off and stopped giving drug tests very early (those are extremely expensive!), but if he stops practicing for whatever reason I don't look forward to trying to find someone else. I'm at a point where I just want to be able to get my prescription each month, and a lot of suboxone doctors have their own weird personal ideologies (I had one doctor who was just 100% convinced that I must have had some sort of childhood abuse that lead to my addiction :psyduck:). It's dumb that you can't just get it prescribed "normally" - anyone who is trying to get it prescribed for recreational reasons would just be using something else more dangerous otherwise (and they already let other doctors prescribe things way more dangerous than buprenorphine that you can actually OD on).

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loquacius posted:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Lester the Unlikely (Model)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Populon posted:

Bitch looks like Jojo's bizarre adventure

How loving dare you.

1930’s Joseph alone runs circles around her

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1355279654031122437

scratch a liberal etc

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

RBG_HBIC (of controlling poor people's lives)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ohio sure produces some special politicians
https://twitter.com/MikeLoychik/status/1355233135135490048?s=20

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Vomik posted:

loving hell - labor was donating to the democrats and now they're donating to the GOP? lol - double cucked

Consider it bribe money for them not passing RTW In Ohio

When the Dems have superminorities in each chamber and the fact Ohio labor is super chuds, I don't knock em for playing the game

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/status/1355237650349875204?s=20

why are they giving one of the most famous people in the world a blue check before me, the woman who is angry at podcasts?

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Willa Rogers posted:

oh wait, the kicker is the best:

In 2018, the Ohio Democratic Party became the first state party to recognize a chapter of the Campaign Workers Guild, which represented seasonal campaign organizers during the 2018 midterm election who sought better pay and working conditions.

To add a bit of context: the ODP also let most of these workers go by the end of 2018, and failed to live up the the bargain on many occasions. It looks like many of the people who got fired today were the higher ranking officials, who quite frankly, need to get the gently caress out because they are incredible loving losers.

This is a well-earned cleaning of house, and will be a retooling by a staunch Sherrod Brown person (who yes, is still covered in SUCC)... which is better than the rich Cincinnati shitheads, but you know... incremental progress.

Also, all the Warren/Biden/Kamala Dems think this is the end of the world, which is amazing and delicious.

tiberion02 has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Jan 29, 2021

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Egg Moron posted:

https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/status/1355237650349875204?s=20

why are they giving one of the most famous people in the world a blue check before me, the woman who is angry at podcasts?

If you can make more than 4 isms about a website you should probably reconsider being on it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

tiberion02 posted:

To add a bit of context: the ODP also let most of these workers go by the end of 2018, and failed to live up the the bargain on many occasions. It looks like many of the people who got fired today were the higher ranking officials, who quite frankly, need to get the gently caress out because they are incredible loving losers.

This is a well-earned cleaning of house, and will be a retooling by a staunch Sherrod Brown person (who yes, is still covered in SUCC)... which is better than the rich Cincinnati shitheads, but you know... incremental progress.

The fact that Pepper kept his job after 2018 was loving baffling

If they weren't swapping to contractors I wouldn't care. I bet they still have those loving parking spots where only american cars can park, though

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Apparently there is a Jeff Psaki that works at citadel, no clue if there's a relation though

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loquacius posted:

real talk there's a part of me that's a little envious of people like this who can only exist by having a complete and total lack of shame

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

imagine the crystal clear, still lake of a psyche that fosters. you're a Roshi without any of the time and effort invested

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Business Gorillas posted:

The fact that Pepper kept his job after 2018 was loving baffling

If they weren't swapping to contractors I wouldn't care. I bet they still have those loving parking spots where only american cars can park, though

https://twitter.com/dj_mosfett/status/1355240439859838977

BTW - with this move, the Ohio Democratic Party now employs exactly SIX people.

https://twitter.com/ForwardFalcon/status/1355149369889185792
https://twitter.com/DavidPepper/status/1355193645608144901
Oh NO! We're losing our TALENT! lmfao - loving losers.

These are succ taints being run IRL.

tiberion02 has issued a correction as of 23:43 on Jan 29, 2021

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

AHAHAHA SHE WORE THAT OUTFIT TO THE INAUGURATION CEREMONY ARE YOU FOR loving REAL

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

AHAHAHA SHE WORE THAT OUTFIT TO THE INAUGURATION CEREMONY ARE YOU FOR loving REAL

honestly that rules, who gives a poo poo about that stupid ceremony

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

this is like looking at the monolith from 2001

when libs look at this its like the photo in westworld

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

ok but that makes me like her a lot more

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

oh don't think I'm unappreciative of this fact. in awe actually

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 23:49 on Jan 29, 2021

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

loving christ that username stands for "head bitch in charge" doesn't it

gently caress

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
//Delete posts containing these words or [combination of words]
const badWords=["succdem","Greenwald",
["shark","smooth"],
["battery","ocean"],
["kids","cages"],
"shitlib","cuck"," simp "," simping "," GME ","Gamestop"]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Shipon posted:

honestly that rules, who gives a poo poo about that stupid ceremony

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

World War Mammories posted:

loving christ that username stands for "head bitch in charge" doesn't it

gently caress

Historical Bitch College

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

this is like looking at the monolith from 2001

o word people are entitled to the wealth of their labor you say tell me more

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I've been putting together a list of poo poo that the Biden administration has done to piss me off since the inauguration. Did I miss anything?

General list of poo poo Joe Biden has done to piss me off:
  • Filled his cabinet with a bunch of corporate ghouls and warhawks
  • Immediately started using the military to help oil companies steal Oil in Syria
  • Immediately backed Juan Guido as the president of Venezuela even after the international community had withdrawn it’s support (this is an attempt at a soft coup btw)
  • Loudly refused to ban fracking
  • Supported increases in police funding after six months of people setting poo poo on fire over police killings
  • Allowed hedge funds to rig the markets during the GameStop bullshit

Larger bullshit made of smaller bullshit:

Dicking around with giving people $2000 checks:
  • Biden wanted only $900 during the Covid relief negotiations when other Democrats wanted at least $1200
  • Democrats promised people “$2000 on day 1” during the election
  • After winning Georgia elections shifted vocabulary to “$2000 includes $600 passed under Trump”
  • “Day 1” became “March” and later “April”
  • Democrats then started hinting that they could be negotiated down further
  • Biden said he’d be open to means testing (meaning many wouldn’t qualify and you’d have to fill out a form to get the check)

hosed up the already hosed up COVID response:
  • Is not requiring a nationwide mask usage (is only requiring within govt agencies)
  • Is not shutting down the economy against the advice of experts
  • Is re-opening the economy despite deaths and infections being higher than ever (this was what Trump wanted to do)
  • Sloppy vaccine rollout resulting in lost dosages and increased deaths
  • Allowed pharma companies to profiteer off of the vaccine meaning only certain people in certain countries can get a hold of it. Could have just paid pharma for the recipe and just made it public.

Broken Promises:
  • Promised to ban choke holds but then didn’t
  • Promised to create a task force to reunite separated immigrant families but then didn’t
  • Said he’d ban choke holds (and nothing else) but then didn’t
  • Promised a (incredibly lovely) public option (that only applied to those that qualify for Medicaid in states where Republicans didn’t expand the program) but then quietly dropped support for it.

Things he could have done but didn’t:
  • Cancel all student debt (is talking about maybe doing $10k though)
  • Close the immigrant cages
  • Close all private prisons used by the fed govt. Chose to not renew contracts used by the justice department but not other agencies like ICE. Only 14k out of 2m prisoners affected
  • Ended the war in Iraq/Afghanistan
  • Broken up monopolies
  • Banned fracking
  • Mandated masks
  • Shut down any of our corrupt police agencies including ICE
  • Done literally anything to deal with the housing crisis (10% of all people still expected to lose their homes but no plan to deal with this yet)
  • Prosecuted wall st for the countless crimes they have done and continue to do
  • Prosecuted Trump (could still happen I’ll believe it when I see it)
  • Pardoned Snowden or Assange
  • Ended the war in Yemen
  • Demanded Israel stop doing an apartheid.

And we're only 10 days in! :cheers:

(And yes, some of this stuff may change in the coming months but I'm assuming that if Biden hasn't done something yet or said he's going to do it then it's just not going to happen. gently caress giving these people the benefit of the doubt.)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

imagine being born a poster and being doomed to live your life in a high powered political family, and you just keep getting forced to fail upwards

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Jesus loving Christ this is embarrassing

things biden did not move cautiously on: (pic of kid sniffing here)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

readingatwork posted:

So I've been putting together a list of poo poo that the Biden administration has done to piss me off since the inauguration. Did I miss anything?

• Immediately started using the military to help oil companies steal Oil in Syria
  • Immediately backed Juan Guido as the president of Venezuela even after the international community had withdrawn it’s support (this is an attempt at a soft coup btw)
  • Supported increases in police funding after six months of people setting poo poo on fire over police killings

• Biden wanted only $900 during the Covid relief negotiations when other Democrats wanted at least $1200
  • After winning Georgia elections shifted vocabulary to “$2000 includes $600 passed under Trump”
  • Biden said he’d be open to means testing (meaning many wouldn’t qualify and you’d have to fill out a form to get the check)

• Is not requiring a nationwide mask usage (is only requiring within govt agencies)
  • Is re-opening the economy despite deaths and infections being higher than ever (this was what Trump wanted to do)
  • Allowed pharma companies to profiteer off of the vaccine meaning only certain people in certain countries can get a hold of it. Could have just paid pharma for the recipe and just made it public.

Broken Promises:
  • Promised to create a task force to reunite separated immigrant families but then didn’t
  • Promised a (incredibly lovely) public option (that only applied to those that qualify for Medicaid in states where Republicans didn’t expand the program) but then quietly dropped support for it.

• Close all private prisons used by the fed govt. Chose to not renew contracts used by the justice department but not other agencies like ICE. Only 14k out of 2m prisoners affected
  • Broken up monopolies
  • Banned fracking
  • Mandated masks
  • Done literally anything to deal with the housing crisis (10% of all people still expected to lose their homes but no plan to deal with this yet)
  • Ended the war in Yemen

(And yes, some of this stuff may change in the coming months but I'm assuming that if Biden hasn't done something yet or said he's going to do it then it's just not going to happen. gently caress giving these people the benefit of the doubt.)

okay good. now post this to Reddit and immediately disconnect your internet

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

readingatwork posted:

Broken Promises:

• Broken up monopolies
  • Banned fracking
  • Mandated masks
  • Ended the war in Yemen

:emptyquote:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Populon posted:

Bitch looks like Jojo's bizarre adventure

Big part 5 energy.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

readingatwork posted:

Broken Promises:

• Broken up monopolies
  • Banned fracking
  • Mandated masks
  • Ended the war in Yemen

Closing the cages counts as a broken election promise too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/S3Partners/status/1355239833128628225?s=20

lmao the hedge funds are going to ratfuck wsb