Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The_Rob posted:

del toro made one good movie. pacific rim is legitimately an embarrassment.

Cronos, The Devil's Backbone and Pan's Labyrinth are all bangers. I haven't seen it in years but I'll go to bat for Hellboy too, why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/danahoule/status/1355229478482489346?s=21

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Wait what the gently caress?? Blade 2 owns you maniac

It's such a step down from the first one in every way

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Didn't the kulaks come into being in the 20th century anyway? Marx couldn't talk about what to do about kulaks because they hadn't consolidated formerly communal property into large estates yet.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I Before E posted:

It's such a step down from the first one in every way

I'm mad at this take. Its giving me the vapours

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

half of the time I can't tell if Aimee is Avshalom

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

This turned out fully unlistenable to me, precisely because it turns out I remember all that poo poo with perfect clarity the moment anything prods my memory at all. And it is not good stuff to remember.

Which is pretty high praise, anyone who has actually forgotten or didn't for one reason or another pay cspam-on-trump-levels of attention at the time should have a listen. Also good advice for the year 2033, when I suggest all of CSPAM should refrain from listening to whatever historical Trump retrospective podcast is then released.

I don't blame you tbh

Iraq War was extremely loving awful and even Trump with all of his worst doesn't come close to the insanity and just pure psychopathy of the Bush admin.

the episode TrueAnon did with the Nissou Square masscare murderer pardons was already gross enough. sure trump sucks for pardoning them but Bush sucks far loving worse for starting that poo poo and enabling it continuously. seriously gently caress libs who rehabilitated Bush just because he wasn't as crude as wet orange daddy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
pacific rim rules

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

THS posted:

seeking derangements is a podcast about two gay men bullying a gay cajun

i don't remember that cum town bit

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Finicums Wake posted:

i don't remember that cum town bit

Yeah pierre st pierre was explicitly heterosexual

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

the episode TrueAnon did with the Nissou Square masscare murderer pardons was already gross enough. sure trump sucks for pardoning them but Bush sucks far loving worse for starting that poo poo and enabling it continuously. seriously gently caress libs who rehabilitated Bush just because he wasn't as crude as wet orange daddy.
I listened to all of blowback but I lasted just about 3.5 words into brace setting the stage on that

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
brace beldon went on girls talk. about to listen, but i have no idea wtf this is going to be

coathat
May 21, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

pacific rim rules

It sinks. Worse than everything that inspired it without breaking even the slightest new ground

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i liked james bond and channing tatum chewing on the scenery in knives out but its very average otherwise. i dont give a gently caress about the extremely on the nose didactic political message just because it happens to be vaguely similar to my own politics thats a stupid way to watch a movie

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Pacific Rim is legitimately great, sad day for the haters and losers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The_Rob posted:

You are a fool.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Pacific Rim is legitimately great, sad day for the haters and losers

it's a proper kaiju movie. there's not really much else to say here

well, other than the proposed Pacific Rim/Cloverfield crossover that was supposed to happen

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I Before E posted:

He's had some English language stinkers, and while I wouldn't say Shape Of Water is as bad as Pacific Rim or Blade 2, when Matt described Shape Of Water as all sentiment, I completely understood why he hated it even though I loved it, because I'm a huge sap and the sentiment worked for me.

That was Matt trying too hard to be contrarian and you still fell for it.

Also Blade 2 ruled.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

coathat posted:

It sinks. Worse than everything that inspired it without breaking even the slightest new ground

its the only movie that has giant robots fighting giant monsters with 3D visuals that are good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

its the only movie that has giant robots fighting giant monsters with 3D visuals that are good

the live action Filipino Voltes V looks like its gonna be good on that count too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ4ChZPlikM

coathat
May 21, 2007

At night in the rain and underwater

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watching hasan freak out about the controls in breath of the wild and i've decided i don't need to see matt game anymore

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

The Hong Kong fight, maybe, but every other fight is crap.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

pacific rim rules

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The_Rob posted:

Look at this guy who hates fun

Lmao that was a quick account protect

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's bros all the way down

https://twitter.com/DanaHoule/status/1355273389125021696?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

my foreign language trump era picks (excl parasite):

BURNING (Lee Chang Dong, South Korea)

BACURAU (Filho and Dornelles, Brazil)

SHOPLIFTERS (Koreeda, Japan)

ZAMA (Martel, Argentina)

THE SQUARE (Ostlund, Sweden)

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Me in my late teens early 20s.

Yeah the government is bad. Less involvement, more freedom for me. Surely things will never change in my life.

Me in my early 30s

That people are dying from not being able to afford basic medicine and care is a travesty.

Twitter: These things are the same.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online posted:

watching hasan freak out about the controls in breath of the wild and i've decided i don't need to see matt game anymore

Lmao he's so bad at video games.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Leslie Lee whined about BotW's controls on Struggle Session a couple years back while his cohosts audibly rolled their eyes. That was pretty funny.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was in search of content and started listening to Death is Just Around the Corner: E136 - CIA Backed Nazis In MY Rotunda

Really disappointed that some inbred limey hosed up the spelling of a half remembered word a century ago and now we have a generation that is misspelling and mispronouncing gaumless.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

he is going to spend three hours trying to climb a single wall, calling it here

he will curse god and man and, most especially, the in-game rain

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

hasan is just bad at videogames

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lumpentroll posted:

hasan is just bad at videogames

he's the only person I've ever seen die to the Mindflayer in Demon's Souls, the enemy that just sits there and pokes at you or grabs you if you don't do anything at all

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Victory Position posted:

he is going to spend three hours trying to climb a single wall, calling it here

he will curse god and man and, most especially, the in-game rain

Someone make him do hero mode so he keeps getting sniped by a lynel 30 seconds in.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

Leslie Lee whined about BotW's controls on Struggle Session a couple years back while his cohosts audibly rolled their eyes. That was pretty funny.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedNastyGrasshopperImGlitch

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Please tell me he unintentionally lets Link freeze to death.:allears:

\/\/\/ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Jan 30, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

Please tell me he unintentionally lets Link freeze to death.:allears:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenuousCoweringDoveBlargNaut

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

he is correct that the inventory management is the worst part of the game

edit: although this is the case in every game except resident evil 4 (and possibly 8 since they are bringing back the same system)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:laffo: