Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like that En Passant only exists as a hotfix to a bug introduced by an earlier patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

I like that En Passant only exists as a hotfix to a bug introduced by an earlier patch

Like the filibuster

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

christmas boots posted:

As a chess ignorant person, what was the earlier bug?

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

Vib Rib posted:

Is it that two pawns can be indefinitely stuck against one another? I’m rusty on chess.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The double first move that a Pawn can do.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Please don't make me add that chess show to my up-next list

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

christmas boots posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZFfB5ih60

Data Graham posted:

Please don't make me add that chess show to my up-next list
You can show interest in Chess, the game, without having to watch any TV show about chess.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

That said, Queen's Gambit is pretty good.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
https://youtu.be/YgeYScYe8wI

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vib Rib posted:

It was added in the 15th century when the rule that gave pawns an initial double-step move was introduced. It prevents a pawn from using the two-square advance to pass an adjacent enemy pawn without the risk of being captured.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

christmas boots posted:

It was added in the 15th century when the rule that gave pawns an initial double-step move was introduced. It prevents a pawn from using the two-square advance to pass an adjacent enemy pawn without the risk of being captured.
Oh, makes sense. That's really cool, thanks for that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BUY BUY BUY 📈📈📈 SELL SELL SELL 📉📉📉 now HOLD onto this fat dick 😩🍆 bc the COCK MARKET 😏📊 is going crazy!! 🚀🚀🚀🚀👽 Robin Hood made the Games Stop ✋❌😢 and now the hedge funds want to keep all of daddies cummies for themselves 🥺💦💦 but we keep loving 🙇🏻😫 and sucking 💆🏻‍♀️🍆👅 and flooding the market with investments until daddies cummies 💦💦💦 are redistributed to the working class from the evil Wall Street cummy hogs 😈💼💰🐷🐽 Send this all your Stock Bros 📊🕺 and Cock Hos 🍆💃 if you get 1 back, you’re a Basic rear end Trader 😞🍑 If you get 5 back, you’re a certified STOCK EXCHANGE ANAL-YST 🤓🍑 If you get 10 back you’re the WOLF 🐺 of getting your WALLS BEAT 🥊🍑

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I missed you, The Saddest Rhino.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

strong finish on that one, definitely a strong return to form

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Outstanding

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
God bless you Rhino

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I can now start my day with a full heart.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

wolf of getting your walls beat

:perfect:

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The Saddest Rhino posted:

a certified STOCK EXCHANGE ANAL-YST

I think we just found Cumshitter's formal job title.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

So this is what they felt like at Helm’s Deep when Gandalf returned

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Helms Deep 😏🍆🍑

Splicer has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Jan 30, 2021

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Soros when

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I usually hate those but wolf of getting your walls beat is hilarious

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/profile013no2/status/1355512235762855936

Be careful what you wish for.

Is there an easier way or screenshotting tweets then using the print screen button and hosting the image to imgur?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Use the Snipping Tool and then upload that

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Chess chat reminds me, what was that parody post about someone barging into a chess tournament and claiming to have discovered a "secret" chess rule based on an old shopping list? I don't remember what it was a parody of, but it was amusing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/SortaBad/status/1355595687648403457

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

SerialKilldeer posted:

Chess chat reminds me, what was that parody post about someone barging into a chess tournament and claiming to have discovered a "secret" chess rule based on an old shopping list? I don't remember what it was a parody of, but it was amusing.

It wasn't a parody of anything, it was an explanation of the forums phenomenon where some dumb rear end in a top hat would stink up a thread with their bullshit and then when everyone finally told them to gently caress off you'd get a clueless newcomer swinging in to go "hey guys, no need to be so mean, I'm sure we can sort this out civily, let's hear them out :kiddo:".

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

SerialKilldeer posted:

A better analogy would be if someone walks into a championship tournament, says "GEE I THINK I MAY HAVE TRANSCENDED THE UNDERSTANDING OF SOME OF YOU GRANDMASTERS HERE, WANT TO JOIN MY NEW SCHOOL OF CHESS STRATEGY?", then loses by scholar's mate twice in the first round.

This person then refuses to leave his seat, claiming that he needs additional proof that the queen in f7 actually ontologically exists before he will admit defeat, and that the rules of the CHESS ESTABLISHMENT were unfairly biased against him by disallowing the possibility of his king being able to leapfrog pieces.

Then he pulls out an ancient shopping list from 1905 and claims that "1. Eggs" means 'The King', "2. Butter" means 'can', and "3. Milk" means 'leapfrog'. This is admissible evidence for his case because he has lived according to the dictates of this list since he was a teenager, and it has drastically improved his quality of life. When the referees tell him that this makes no loving sense, he drags them into a three hour debate over the precise meaning of the words 'makes', 'no', 'loving', and 'sense'.

When people point out that there is more than enough evidence to suggest his list is just a scrap of paper from some long-dead housewife's purse, he rather proudly points out how close-minded they are in dismissing outright the possibility that the list was in fact a secret coded message on the best way to live life, originally formulated by Atlanteans and passed down through the ages disguised as everyday documents. After all, if one starts with the presupposition that such a document exists, then it would be very fair to argue that it is indeed in the form of his shopping list.

Never mind that his previous interpretations of the list led to three convictions and time served for robbery, hate crimes, and murder. These were just unfortunate misinterpretations on his part of the list's true intentions, he says. The list itself is blameless. In fact, the Atlanteans deliberately obfuscated the true meaning of the list in this way, so that it would require multiple failed misinterpretations before one would happen across its TRUE meaning, and in doing so appreciate it all the more.

In fact, he does have some evidence to back up his claims. Why, just last week during his daily meditation on the list, he felt it telling him that something good was about to happen in his future. And yesterday, wouldn't you know it, he found a twenty dollar note on the sidewalk! Evidence of the list's prophetic powers if I ever saw one. And believe him, he has many more stories where that came from.

By now, the debate has splintered off into innumerable tangents, with the one man against literally every other player and referee present at the tournament. Finally, he graciously accepts the possibility of defeat in some of the myriad topics now being covered. OK, maybe the tallest player doesn't always get to go first. Fine, I will concede that there isn't much evidence to support my third-invisible-knight hypothesis. But that's all irrelevant. What he wants to concentrate on, and what nobody has yet been able to disprove, he adds, is the ability of the king to leapfrog over other pieces.

The argument drags on for weeks. Finally, one afternoon, the beet-faced referee exhausts his last reserves of decency and throws his arms up in frustration and despair. "YOU loving RETARD, HOW CAN YOU LAY CLAIM TO KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT CHESS STRATEGY WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN GRASP THE MOST BASIC RULES!?" He shouts, just as a new entrant walks through the door. "I'm sorry," replies the man calmly, "I simply cannot discuss the rules of chess with such an 'official' if you insist on using such strong and uncouth language. Please retract your insults or I will be forced to plug my ears whenever you say anything from now on."

Seeing only this last exchange, the new entrant pipes up. "He's right, you know. If he did something wrong, then you as the referee have every right to tell him he is so, but it should be done with a patient and thorough explanation of the details of his error. Hurling ridicule at him solves nothing and won't change anyone's mind."

The lazy eye of the retarded List-following, King-leapfrogging man twitches almost unnoticeably, as he cranes his head towards the source of this new voice. A welcoming smile cracks, inch by beaming inch, across his face. He licks his lips. He clears his throat.

"So glad to know decent people like you still value a polite discussion. Care for a game?"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

SerialKilldeer posted:

efb

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Happy for you, op. Or sorry that happened.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Anora posted:

Is there an easier way or screenshotting tweets then using the print screen button and hosting the image to imgur?

Snippingtool++
Ctrl-shift-1 lets you select what you want to capture, uploads it to imgur, and sticks the url in your clipboard
Ctrl-shift-2 acts like the windows snipping tool

It saves the deletion url in a text file if you want to remove the image later

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1355599112243130369

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
For people who don't know The Quartering would make up bullshit stories about how Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans hated Brie Larson and she was a complete diva on set in Avenger movies.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
He's also a complete attention whore that lies (like above) for attention and "deletes" his twitter every other week for more attention.

And he's an alcoholic sack of poo poo that pisses in his basement because his wife hates him/left him.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Skwirl posted:

For people who don't know The Quartering would make up bullshit stories about how Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans hated Brie Larson and she was a complete diva on set in Avenger movies.

I mean he’s also retweeting count dankula and defending conceptualjames so I think him lying about marvel actresses is merely a small part of his piece of poo poo lifestyle.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
a nazi is also a lying misogynist? weird, that never happens

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Idiots On Social Media... In real life?!? https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1355394022362148864?s=19

Edit: Whoops, it's satire. My b

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Like, that would be a super easy thing to get custom made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

grittyreboot posted:

Idiots On Social Media... In real life?!? https://twitter.com/djbaskin/status/1355394022362148864?s=19

Edit: Whoops, it's satire. My b

Truth or Onion has gotten real hard so it's understandable