Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

perepelki posted:

that might be vanya

Well then gojm cant count because exmarx still posts here so thats 4 whole posters posting about posting here.

Also your warnings of melting skin and melting conservatives isnt persuading my dad from looking at homes in Australia. Apparently because it can hit 40C here (with humidity) that means he is prepared, and he thinks living in the boonies growing his own food and herding cats and goats will keep the conservatives away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Homura and Sickle posted:

13 loving years of this finally coming to an end

I'm so happy we've been along the ride for this journey sans the soap bars placed in your rectum to promote "comradery"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

he thinks living in the boonies growing his own food and herding cats and goats will keep the conservatives away.

and just like that, avs environmental farming community gains it's first outside member

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

the popes toes posted:

Nah. That process just happens for your first two assignments. After that, it gets easier, by that I mean, weirder. You have the illusion of choice for your assignments after this, depending on how you sell yourself to the posts offering the assignment you want. By selling yourself, well, you know what that means.

i see and your dm clarifies some things. my impression of the paying dues in a developing country came from my friend who was a military liaison to congress for 4 years, she told me while she was considering retiring and going FSO that was what her state dept buddies in dc had been telling her

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
also i voted her congress person boss out of office

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I actually count as -12.5 posters.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I refuse to let you ignore my expose on military soap feltching

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Homura and Sickle posted:

strong enough to support a sky scraper, not strong enough to withstand jet fuel. mid tier

sounds like a LARP. nice try, deep state.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Furnaceface posted:

he thinks living in the boonies growing his own food and herding cats and goats will keep the conservatives away.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

and just like that, avs environmental farming community gains it's first outside member
this. welcome to the queendom of novaya krym, furnacefather

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
i really wish people here would stop trying to make "crack-ping" a thing. i've literally never seen it used anywhere else but its like every thread here/cspam someone drops it every couple pages

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
for some reason "crack-ping" has also instinctively made me think of the sound of an m1 clip being ejected after the last round in the last brass in the clip is ejected, which also made me hate it

it also suggests damage to the brain, rather than revolutionary fury, and thus is ideologically suspect

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

for some reason "crack-ping" has also instinctively made me think of the sound of an m1 clip being ejected after the last round in the last brass in the clip is ejected, which also made me hate it

it also suggests damage to the brain, rather than revolutionary fury, and thus is ideologically suspect

crack-ping has always represented the fracturing of the brain and a devolution to shitposting TREIMGN! TRIMMP! as far as i know

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
most, if not all, of the big name dem mayors and governors are still exactly as awful as they were under trump, so i am yet to see a reason to embrace the idea that rational governance has suddenly taken hold

ergo TRUNDO! ha ha TREBIZOND

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
after reading illuminatus! trilogy as a teenager, i looked around and noted a distinct lack of insanity and catch phrase based utopia decades after its publishing, and thus reject all posting philosophies based on such premises

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
drunk and inane posting, that's the revolutionary ticket

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

drunk and inane posting, that's the revolutionary ticket

hell yea

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean whats the alternative? unironically putting faith in people like lori lightfoot, andrew cuomo, gavin newsom, eric garcetti or ted wheeler? gently caress it, just post

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i wonder why, when we already have no expectations in our hearts, that there is still a sense of betrayal towards the democratic party

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i wonder why, when we already have no expectations in our hearts, that there is still a sense of betrayal towards the democratic party

prolly cuz lightfoot is using covid as an excuse to crush the chicago teachers union, garcetti punished LA for protesting by shutting down every testing site in the city and then, after the protests abated, shut down the largest testing site in the city at Union Station again so they could film a scene from a gender-flipped version of She's All That, and ted wheeler maced a guy for yelling at him for not wearing a mask

oh and newsom and cuomo are the exact same kind of vile "number must always go up" mammon worshiping swine

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Vote!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it provokes an odd sensation, that gavin newsom is under recall threat for his overly harsh covid lockdown restrictions

it is a pure, diamond crystallization of why there is no future for this country

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the harsh covid restrictions he just lifted as he de-listed frontline workers from priority from getting vaccines

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hes also veto'd every single progressive piece of legislation to come through the state lege for no actual reason

why am i supposed to give a single gently caress about this bootleg patrick bateman replicant again?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
our immediate opposing choice is a gang of white real estate agents and rough necks who want to murder us

of course our long term choice is the same gang, but this time related to climate change instead of simple white supremacy

if you ask me where the leftist solution is, i'll simply stare at the mobile corpse that is dianne fienstein in contemplative silence

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

atriptothebeach fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 30, 2021

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

i quite like crack ping as onomatopoeia for someone's brain breaking violently and at high velocity

plus one of the covid doom prophets is doctor eric feigl-ding and now c-spam calls him doctor crackl-ping, which is cute

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
hey gojm and anyone else that animes please watch wonder egg priority. its appropriate that on the ten year anniversary of madoka theres a new anime airing that i love so much it might finally top madoka somehow. just goddamn this show is so loving beautiful and brilliantly written and amazing and interesting and gently caress. it is also easily one of the darkest things i have ever watched but it tackles really heavy subject matter with a weirdly optimistic tone so its not too grim to handle?

only caveat is STRONG content warnings as this show does not gently caress around. CW for just the first 3 episodes out so far: suicide, bullying, child abuse, sexual assault, child rape, eating disorder, cutting, self harm, stalking uhhhh im probably forgetting something theres a lot
the premise is that this girl is in a magical dreamscape and she's been led to believe she can revive her friend who committed suicide, which she blames herself as a bystander, by protecting the souls of suicide victims against metaphorical representation monsters of their abusers and bystanders (called "See No Evils") to redeem herself. super heavy poo poo. it also looks like its from kyoto animation, ie gorgeous

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 30, 2021

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
sophie died :( :( :(

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sophie who

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

mononymous musician

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z3N79ktprw

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

help, they know where i live

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

perepelki posted:

You will be missed. :rip:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

perepelki posted:

if you let the advance scouts in they'll surely run in circles until they strangle themselves on an electrical cord

but you must act quickly!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i used to keep a lot of chickens and it is the most loving uncanny thing to look over and see a chicken inside your house

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I used to live on the 7th floor with a balcony overlooking a pizza restaurant's back door. I quickly learned not to keep the balcony door open. You don't really think about how loving big a seagull is until you see one from one metre away about to come check out your flat just in case you, too, have pizza scraps or other things of that nature.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

new godzilla vs king kong stills looking pretty good

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I used to live on the 7th floor with a balcony overlooking a pizza restaurant's back door. I quickly learned not to keep the balcony door open. You don't really think about how loving big a seagull is until you see one from one metre away about to come check out your flat just in case you, too, have pizza scraps or other things of that nature.

One got into my kitchen but then couldn’t get out and was freaking out and constantly making GBS threads everywhere. I eventually grabbed it and had to just carry him outside kinda holding it wrapped in my arm while it looked at me, to the ground then back to me in confusion. The state of the kitchen. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

One got into my kitchen but then couldn’t get out and was freaking out and constantly making GBS threads everywhere. I eventually grabbed it and had to just carry him outside kinda holding it wrapped in my arm while it looked at me, to the ground then back to me in confusion. The state of the kitchen. gently caress.

I know someone who had this happen, but it was a Canada goose. Turns out those things are just straight up violent and evil and will literally fight you to the death even when youre trying to help them.