Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I swear that half of modern antifascism online is based around seven videos from Innuendo Studios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

But I thought those people were commies and therefore would be driving Priuses (Priodes?) and therefore wouldn't have any petrol to siphon.

Ah, maybe you're supposed to read it as "you'll know to go to one of the houses that doesn't have those signs".

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Weatherman posted:

Ah, maybe you're supposed to read it as "you'll know to go to one of the houses that doesn't have those signs".

The Biden sign is like the Mark of Passover. Leave it up and you'll be spared

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Biden is not Jewish. Even if his son did a traditional levirate.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Just about everything they've written is factually incorrect?

It is true even with a vaccine you'll need to keep doing the mask and sanitizing, because while you may not catch the virus you can still carry it around on your clothes, etc. For a while.

Its not an excuse to not do it if you can, obviously, because well never get to herd immunity if we dont get the majority of people vaccinated.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I always love this one because gas was at it's worst under GWB. drat Obama.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Medullah posted:

I always love this one because gas was at it's worst under GWB. drat Obama.

Remember when he caused the 2008 crash?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember when he caused the 2008 crash?

And Hurricane Katrina!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not a fan of his response to 9/11 either.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Broken click syndrome.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
More like projection. Trump literally wandered off like a nursing home patient during televised events. I know Biden also sucks, but let's not give whoever hand-crafted that garbage meme TOO much credit.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Libra posted:

Wow, screw that! What's even the point?

Plus even if it doesn't kill you it can leave you with a life long disability.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Posted today.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
She looks unhappy you photographed her.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

She looks unhappy you photographed her.

I've seen that one posted so many times over the last 4 years. Zuckerberg can't take them all down!!!

The Melania love is one of the things that pisses me off the most about Trumpism. They mock Michelle Obama and praise her, and it's 100% based on looks. Michelle (and now Jill) are superior to her in every single factor, she's an immigrant who abused the immigration polices of the United States. But because she's shown her tits she's the best.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not even that, it's because she's white and conservative.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Manuel Calavera posted:

It's not even that, it's because she's white and conservative.

Plus she's married to Big Daddy Trump.

If she were any other skin color, the chuds would be tripping over themselves to declare her as the one who should be the standard bearer for everyone of her ethnicity and irrefutable proof of how racist they aren't. We'd have had endless memes of "If a proud black woman like Alt-Melania can look this good and be this respectable, why couldn't Michelle or any of these others?" for as long as that marriage held.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Y'all are underselling the tribalism. If Jill Biden was a model too they'd dismiss her as a brainless bimbo. Traits or characteristics are neither good not bad until viewed through the lens of us/them.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Y'all are underselling the tribalism. If Jill Biden was a model too they'd dismiss her as a brainless bimbo. Traits or characteristics are neither good not bad until viewed through the lens of us/them.

This was a pretty disappointing part of the whole thing. I'm tuned in to local political people and am always the party pooper when I say stuff like "Melania Trump is never going to see this post, but lots of other people who have worked as strippers, models, phone sex operators, or other sex work related jobs will, and what do you think this says to them?"

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

how do you eve reason with people like this?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Ambitious Spider posted:

I'd like to hear this person's explanation for how the free market would handle, say, contract disputes, without appealing to government-run courts.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the answer is reinventing the wheel/gov as multiple mega corps band together in some sort of governing collective to do BLANK.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Also known as Valhalla DRO.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Capitalism is just what happens naturally. If you observe humans in their natural state, you will see that sooner or later someone will come along and steal their land and rent it to companies who will use them as a reliable source of cheap labor.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Guavanaut posted:

Capitalism is just what happens naturally. If you observe humans in their natural state, you will see that sooner or later someone will come along and steal their land and rent it to companies who will use them as a reliable source of cheap labor.

And put Brawndo in the water supply

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

Smirk and say "oh so you support fiat government dollars do you" and then start dodging thrown objects

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Throwing objects violates the NAP!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah you're supposed to be sleeping

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'd like to hear this person's explanation for how the free market would handle, say, contract disputes, without appealing to government-run courts.

I hope it's competing familial currencies and negotiators and enforcers, so probably like the Hatfield-McCoy feud but now it's every family fighting every other family over small-potatoes bullshit while scrabbling to maintain household order long enough to establish a dynasty.

Every man a king, just not in any kind of good or useful way.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Let's put some gold fringe on our DNA helices:

:smugbert:
Mad Max hell world is actually NAP-compliant, technically, since being conceived and born is inarguably a combination of acts committed without the consent of the afflicted.

:smugissar:
Everything following the onset of consciousness and sentience is, therefore, a cascading set of retaliations or a recursive set of grievance reactions, stretching back to prehistory.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sweart gliwere posted:

being conceived and born is inarguably a combination of acts committed without the consent of the afflicted.
And this is the deepest extreme of the taproot beneath why "but I didn't sign the social contract :smug:" is a worthless statement.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

It's kind of fun to get back to these 2008-era conservative macros

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

love the prep folder for white house press conferences that has an entire section on MS-13

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

love the prep folder for white house press conferences that has an entire section on MS-13

Tag urself I'm "Obama"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The tab behind "CITY," does that say "FLAG"?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
So how many people actually lost their jobs over the end of the keystone pipeline and border wall? The governnent can't put these folks to work on some other infrastructure project?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Can, won't.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Panfilo posted:

So how many people actually lost their jobs over the end of the keystone pipeline and border wall? The governnent can't put these folks to work on some other infrastructure project?

Every conservative radio host I've heard starts at 8K, and gradually increases it to the 20-100K mark by the end of their allotted hour. So, probably closer to the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I need to track down the source, but apparently the vast majority of the pipeline jobs were short term contracted work, and there were only something like 15 permanent jobs that went away.