Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Reveilled posted:

My most memorable encounter with nexus users was being told that actually I was the real pedophile for objecting to a mod that added a playboy bunny outfit for kids into fallout 3.

How would you know what a pedo would like if you weren't a pedo yourself? HMMMMM? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

I dropped the frontier out, added JSawyer and some other mods and started a new game. If maybe the devs come back to it in future to clean it up and remove some of the dumb elements i might be willing to give it a try.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just noticed an uncanny similarity between these two songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KMFxTJefE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99szYFcL4wE

it's jazz, but still

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Not being compatible with JSawyer mod should have been the first warning sign.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OA8sdg-bg0

New Vegas Modding lives on. The shadow of The Frontier shall pass.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder what the exact incomparability was. You know, something benign like conflicting level lists or something more serious.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

I wonder what the exact incomparability was. You know, something benign like conflicting level lists or something more serious.

Balance only, not technical

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OA8sdg-bg0

New Vegas Modding lives on. The shadow of The Frontier shall pass.

Oh god Cheyenne. This was kind of amazing.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't know how this happened but Deputy Beagle is now Deputy Bishie.

What mods do you use for that UI?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FireWorksWell posted:

What mods do you use for that UI?

Darnified UI. Make sure you download the extensions for it off of the Nexus or it won't work properly. Specifically the Font Dummies mod to make sure it doesn't break tables.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 30, 2021

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Darnified UI. Make sure you download the extensions for it off of the Nexus or it won't work properly. Specifically the Font Dummies mod to make sure it doesn't break tables.

Appreciated.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Jamie Faith posted:

Mods please make this the new thread title

Mods...thank you o7

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I still can't help but think there's just a biiiit of a difference between Fisto asking if you would like "assume the position" vs. you telling a Deathclaw "I'm a sick gently caress I like a quick gently caress"

That second one actually does sound like a joke, though.

Dunno about the rest.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 30, 2021

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The deathclaw encounter was originally Wild Wasteland only, and led to you waking up with all your limbs broken. The quick gently caress line is also a Kanye lyric. I think it was a Fisto-esque joke that didn't land, not ready comparable to a lot of the fetish poo poo

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

BurritoJustice posted:

The deathclaw encounter was originally Wild Wasteland only, and led to you waking up with all your limbs broken.

Yeah, if it's WW-only that actually is kinda funny.

I heard you could kill the final boss via Caravan with WW too. Diamonds in the roughpile I guess.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
yeah the "Caravan to the DEATH" was honestly really brilliant

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiVHpeh3Gt0

Something tells me even a total rewrite of the NCR questline won't fix the issues with this mod's writing.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Arcsquad12 posted:

Something tells me even a total rewrite of the NCR questline won't fix the issues with this mod's writing.

Seems like a lot of New Vegas modders saw Cook Cook and said to themselves "I can write way edgier than that!"

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71059

Are we making every boss battle a Caravan game now

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Nobody Interesting posted:

quote:

The Deck itself consists of 6s, 8s, 10s, Kings, and as many Jacks as possible just to drive any challenger insane. He has a total of 100 cards, and it might actually be impossible to beat him.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

I beat Johnson Nash, I can beat anyone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in Ulysses' voice* Courier... Come home, come to Duelist Kingdom.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nobody Interesting posted:

Yes.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Didn’t fallout 3 let you join the enclave but it made zero sense from a story perspective since it meant you’d sabotage the water supply you’d be drinking and poison yourself for no gain and with no explicable character motivation? I know fallout 2 flat out didn’t let you join the enclave since it would be suicidal since theyd just kill you for being a wastelander. The people in the comments of that guy’s videos seem way too angry about that instead of all the insanely stupid poo poo in the rest of the mos

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019
You didn't join, they still shot laser guns at you every time you saw them. But you could enact the robot presidents genocide plan despite the fact that since you were born outside a Vault it would also kill you lmao

To be honest don't get why so many people (other places, not here) are so hung up on not being able to join the Enclave in the Frontier. They are literally nothing more than fascists. At least the Legion has an in-setting reason for the way it behaves. The Enclave are just a holdover mishmash of 90s parody of American conservatives and obvious Nazi allegory. They've been killed to pieces multiple times and should never show up again tbh.

edit: Wait nevermind I just realised why nerds would want to join the fascist faction

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How the Enclave appeared in New Vegas should've been the only way they did in the new games.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If they did something interesting with the enclave, like have them realize they're getting overtaken by the new wasteland society's and have to adapt, then I think you could make a play at having them in again. Although that would be real close to stepping on the western brotherhood's toes.

I just don't think they've even got a fair shake, they sucked in F2 and they sucked when bethesda reused the same drat plot for F3. I think they got potential but I don't think either obsidian, or bethesda can capitalize.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

You didn't join, they still shot laser guns at you every time you saw them. But you could enact the robot presidents genocide plan despite the fact that since you were born outside a Vault it would also kill you lmao

To be honest don't get why so many people (other places, not here) are so hung up on not being able to join the Enclave in the Frontier. They are literally nothing more than fascists. At least the Legion has an in-setting reason for the way it behaves. The Enclave are just a holdover mishmash of 90s parody of American conservatives and obvious Nazi allegory. They've been killed to pieces multiple times and should never show up again tbh.

edit: Wait nevermind I just realised why nerds would want to join the fascist faction

Yeah their defining characteristic is that they hate wastelanders and want to kill tham

Like the legion you can easily come up with character motivations for the courier to join but the only reason you could possibly join the enclave is bc you’re the dang joker and want to kill yourself. Even then they wouldn’t let you join on account of their “kill all wastelanders” policy

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I haven't played the Frontier but from what I've seen, the issue isn't "I want to join the Enclave but can't because they're a bunch of genocidal racists and won't let me" and "the Enclave are apparently recruiting people but my character just wants to call them a bunch of genocidal racists".

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Garrand posted:

I haven't played the Frontier but from what I've seen, the issue isn't "I want to join the Enclave but can't because they're a bunch of genocidal racists and won't let me" and "the Enclave are apparently recruiting people but my character just wants to call them a bunch of genocidal racists".

Pretty much, you could probably replace that line with "Wait, why would I want to join the guys who had an entire oil rig annihilated by some random tribal" and no one would have batted an eye

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Pretty much, you could probably replace that line with "Wait, why would I want to join the guys who had an entire oil rig annihilated by some random tribal" and no one would have batted an eye

the main point I have when it comes to "why can't I join the Enclave" is that the Enclave straight up would never recruit a filthy subhuman mutated human from the wasteland. Maybe times have changed and they're more flexible now, but if so then you should just make up another faction instead of resurrecting the corpse of one that wasn't even that great to begin with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I suck at Caravan, I suck at Gwent and I kinda want to buy the game that's basically nothing but Gwent. someone stop me.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

you can absolutely coerce and enslave an 18 year old girl but god forbid you want to join a faction of comically evil bad guys with cool armor and big laser guns

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I mean you shouldn't do either.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dongicus posted:

you can absolutely coerce and enslave an 18 year old girl but god forbid you want to join a faction of comically evil bad guys with cool armor and big laser guns

"lets talk politics"

"yes, master"

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Homeless Friend posted:

"lets talk politics"

"yes, master"

Keep it to the discord, please.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DaysBefore posted:

They have cool armor.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The Encalve have gone from "this is how nationalism and fascism dehumanise people and hold them back, and these old people are full of regret and bitterness decades later" to "wow cool power armour".

DaysBefore posted:

You could also blow up the Brotherhood's HQ at the end of Broken Steel and make both factions your enemy for literally no plot or gameplay reason otherwise.

Caesar and The Master were interesting villains. You could have an actual debate with them in game and question their ideologies, and prove them wrong.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i will NEVER betray my real life politics in a videogame