Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have 3D world on WiiU, it’s really great. Well worth the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

GreatGreen posted:

Anybody else all pumped up about Mario 3D World coming out in a few weeks?

I'm stoked for the release since I hear the game is so good. I missed out on the past couple generations of Mario games, so I've been playing a bit of catch up the past few weeks. Finished Sunshine for the first time, and today I completed Galaxy for the first time as well. Gonna start Galaxy 2 and hopefully finish it before 3D World releases.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

3D world is preordered digitally and I’m waiting with bated breath. Can’t wait to play some couch co-op with my daughter.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm curious about the online co-op. I do not have high hopes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GreatGreen posted:

I never got to play the original because I didn't own the system, but I kinda can't wait to check out the Switch version.
Seems like kind of the perfect middle ground between a traditional side scrolling platformer and a fully 3D one.
I'll probably get it for the same reasons. I skipped 3D All Stars so I'm itching for a Mario game that I can get into because I couldn't get into 64 or Sunshine when I played them ages ago (still never tried Galaxy). I think when I asked if I should get 3D All Stars ITT a while back, I was told this one would be more my speed.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The guy at Capcom America in charge of packaging literally just asked his college buddy to make a cover for him which he did in like a day.

This is incredible, thank you! :holy:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

I never got to play the original because I didn't own the system, but I kinda can't wait to check out the Switch version.
Seems like kind of the perfect middle ground between a traditional side scrolling platformer and a fully 3D one.

Although if Mario Maker 2 is anything to go by, I have to say the weird and incredibly loud and annoying farting/cracking sound effect that plays when Mario makes the transitions between walking, jogging, and running is going to take some getting used to.

Totally it's going to be fun. Also hoping Galaxy 2 gets a release on the Switch since I never got to play that one either. Only game I got left to play right now is La-Mulana 2 and I need any excuse not to open up that ordeal!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

I'm curious about the online co-op. I do not have high hopes.

I imagine Mario Maker is a pretty good preview at what to expect. Just imagine that in a 3D space...

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Add me to the “never had a Wii U, so 3D World will be new for me” chorus. I’m pumped!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Just started playing Hidden Folks with my girlfriend and it's pretty charming. I expected to just do a level or two and get tired of it but it's actually a lot of fun. Definitely adding it to my list of casual recommendations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
3D world is fantastic, just behind odyssey as my favorite Mario

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
3D Land and 3D World were both top notch Marios.

I'm hyped to play it again (sold the Wii U during a big personal economic slump / moving halfway across the country)

So I think that brings the list down to Windwaker and Metroid Prime for titles I NEED to have ported to the switch.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GreatGreen posted:

No I’m hype for bravely default 2. A game I would put directly into my veins if I could.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

I'm so on the edge about 3d world. Like I have the Wii U version but the add on content for the switch release looks so enticing.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm extremely stoked for 3D World. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the DS, so I'm 100% down with whatever they want to rerelease. I'm dreaming of a Zelda All Stars with all the games I've missed since OoT.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Will Bravely 2 be dual audio. If I can't turn off the battle banter I might as well not understand it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I wish they'd do a Wind Waker port with the option to switch back to the original graphical style but that'll never happen and all future rereleases are definitely gonna have permanent mandatory early 2010s hypersaturated-bloom-and-gradients-o-vision :mad:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So I'm only six years late to the party but it turns out that Witcher 3 is really great!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

YggiDee posted:

So I'm only six years late to the party but it turns out that Witcher 3 is really great!

Honestly I've never had the funds or interest to be on the cutting edge so when people complain about the biggest switch games being ports I'm like hell yeah sign me up

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Has anybody tried The Original Mobile Games? I tried it out for a laugh and it's surprisingly compelling. Each game comes with a little history profile and it's just really neat that technology has gotten to the point that we can emulate these games from more than a hundred years ago.

And it's very funny that a remake of a cardboard marble game has paid dlc

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
Why was The Witcher 3 suddenly on the new releases section when it's been out for awhile?

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
They split it into the base game and seperate dlc

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Crass Casualty posted:

Why was The Witcher 3 suddenly on the new releases section when it's been out for awhile?

CD Projekt Red announced they're releasing it for PS5/XBOX with ray traced lighting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I know I’ll get 3D All Stars and 3D World. The question is if I go digital for one or both or physical so as to resell them? Or is that a bad idea? A part of me feels like I would want to revisit them the way I do 3 or World 1+2 but another part of me says I’ll never do that.

Thoughts? I’m deciding on if I should get some vouchers or not.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think 3d World at least is a play more than once game, I 100%ed the Wii U version and even if the Switch version added absolutely nothing I would still be excited to do it all again on a platform that is more comfortable for me.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

flavor.flv posted:

Has anybody tried The Original Mobile Games? I tried it out for a laugh and it's surprisingly compelling. Each game comes with a little history profile and it's just really neat that technology has gotten to the point that we can emulate these games from more than a hundred years ago.

This is amazing, thank you for posting it. I'm buying all 27 of the games.

So much shovelware in the eShop, but lots of hidden gems. I follow Budget Gamer on YouTube to find some; anyone have other sources to sift through all the garbage?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

How do the physics feel? Found a review just slamming it cause of it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

japtor posted:

They aren't that great. It's more of a novelty app than anything; even with perfect physics you aren't going to spend much time with most of the games. But if you have some interest in the history of these kind of toys it's well put together, cheap, and a nice museum piece

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

What game is this? I looked on the eShop and couldn't find it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Seems like this one.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

It says it's unavailable. Maybe 'cause I'm in Canada?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

japtor posted:

The motion controls are decent in handheld mode, but the physics fall apart when you start using the tap function

Real missed opportunity for hd rumble, too, but I guess you can't expect too much for a buck

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Will Bravely 2 be dual audio. If I can't turn off the battle banter I might as well not understand it.

the demo already has this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fly Ricky posted:

This is amazing, thank you for posting it. I'm buying all 27 of the games.

So much shovelware in the eShop, but lots of hidden gems. I follow Budget Gamer on YouTube to find some; anyone have other sources to sift through all the garbage?

This thread, probably. Some of us will try whatever random poo poo we see and recommend the stuff that stands out to us.

I think there's a couple sites that try to do reviews of all eShop games that they can as well.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Crass Casualty posted:

They pulled a reverse Digerati where instead of bundling a bunch of games as a "new game" to get the New Releases traffic, they're taking one of their existing games and separating out the DLC.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I thought it'd be nice to have Stardew to casually play alongside my other games. I didn't realize it's impossible to play this game casually.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I really like 3D World but it's a very different feeling from Odyssey

Odyssey blew me away in its ingenuity, world, the creativity of the control and how you can get to places that you would think you shouldn't. You start the game learning to jump and end the game with jump - hat throw - dive double jumps being second nature. You can turn into all sorts of stuff that completely change you play different sections,

3D World is a fun mario game. It's very fun! But it's a fun mario game

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Wildtortilla posted:

I thought it'd be nice to have Stardew to casually play alongside my other games. I didn't realize it's impossible to play this game casually.

You probably want My Time At Portia for that

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also My PS5 "Pre-order" suddenly got cancelled so I don't see myself getting one for some time.

But then I noticed the Switch has

Feb:
Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
Persona 5 Strikers
Bravely Default 2

March: Monster Hunter Rise

April: Pokemon Snap

BD2 and MH Rise I can easily imagine will last me quite some time (Fingers crossed BD2 is good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

YggiDee posted:

I was five years late to the party last year and it still blew me away. It is one of the few games where I really appreciated the lore.